Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Where's the best baseball food?

OK, here's a question where problably everyone has an opinion:

From Dodger Dogs, to Boog's barbecue in Baltimore (alliterative), to cuban sandwiches at Fenway, to the smorgasbords at Petco and the White Sox park (all I can remember is the old Comiskey), to the famed garlic fries in San Francisco--what is your favorite ball park food, and at what park, and why?

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Where's the best baseball food?

Was this question inspired by the "Best Six Flags Park"? Seem very close analagous-wise.

I liked the Jodi Maroni's sausages when they offered them at Dodger Stadium. I like them everywhere, though
    I haven't been to enough parks to make expert opinions, but when has that ever stopped me?
    And I don't usually eat at the parks. It's all pretty bad, or it's bad AND part of a chain AND it's more expensive than outside the stadium.
    I went to Busch Stadium last summer. It was a freebie, and the Budweiser flowing free from the tap was no better when it's free.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I like a hot dog that's the specialty of any park that I'm in. Mustard, relish & Onions please, if it's a Brat I'll have saurkraut hold the relish. Oh sure, give me a sack of nuts too. The roasted ones funny guys!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I like a hot dog that's the specialty of any park that I'm in. Mustard, relish & Onions please, if it's a Brat I'll have saurkraut hold the relish. Oh sure, give me a sack of nuts too. The roasted ones funny guys!
    I enjoyed sharing my nuts with you at that last Angels game we went to a couple of months ago, Chad. Hope you liked them.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I enjoyed sharing my nuts with you at that last Angels game we went to a couple of months ago, Chad. Hope you liked them.
    They were quite salty and it was a hot day. Glad you had a beverage to cure my dry throat.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Tiger Stadium used to have the best hot dogs in baseball.

Comerica Park has awesome burgers at the Beer Hall. I had one that came with Russian dressing and was on a toasted sourdough bun. OMG... BLISS. Still one of the best burgers I have ever had.

Food choices at Tropicana Field has improved over the years. They got some really good pulled pork BBQ sandwiches they sell at a stand in the upper deck. They're huge. And there's an Outback Steakhouse stand that serves the famous onion blossoms and other goodies. There's another stand that serves pretty good fish & chips (I've gotten that the last 3 games I've been to). I've heard the food at the Brew House is quite good too.

My favorite park for food has to be 5/3 Park in Grand Rapids, MI (well, technically Comstock Park), where the West Michigan Whitecaps play (low Class A team for the Tigers). Their food selection has always been amazing for a minor league park. They have awesome pulled pork BBQ sandwiches called the Swimming Pig. They're so popular they have their own walk-around mascot, Franky the Swimming Pig (a pig wearing an inner tube). They also have cheeseburger wraps (that's right, wraps), chicken caesar wraps, all sorts of other goodies at the grills, plus your standard ballpark fare. Then the odd things like chicken fries (this park had them YEARS before BK claimed to invent them), Crash apples (apple slices smothered in caramel sauce... named after the team mascot, Crash the River Rascal), frozen Pepsis and frozen Mountain Dews..... I miss that park just for the food.

• Senior Minion

Lord, the places I've been...

Besides the afore-mentioned Luis-Tiant inspired cuban sandwiches at Fenway, there's also some great pizza, and they used to have this kielbasa dogs that would melt one's fillings.

I already mentioned Boog's barbecue; surprisingly, the Mets have never, in my experience, had very good food.

If any of you are ever in San Francisco, make sure you get yourself a nice big pile of the famous Gordon Biersch garlic fries. They are like nothing else, and are a gift that keeps on giving!

• no flash photography...

I've only been to one stadium and the food pretty much sucked. That was angels stadium.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I've only been to one stadium and the food pretty much sucked. That was angels stadium.
    I don't know where or what you ate, but I have always pretty much enjoyed the food there, and I've been going to games there for over 40 years.

Although I will say that I still miss the cinnamon roll stand that used to be on the field level behind home plate. Used to see writers and broadcasters leave the press box and come down to buy those all the time, too.

Best cinnamon rolls you'd ever have.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Laughing Last..

Just about any dog in any stadium is my pick. I'm a big fan of the hot dog and fixins'. To be at the ballpark, have a dog or two, something to drink ( I prefer soda due to driving, but love a beer), watching a good game...You can't beat it as far as I'm concerned.

If I want Outback, I'll go to outback. If I want chinese, I'll go to a chinese restaurant. But for a dog, it's the ballpark for me.

Like I say in my sig below, it's a religion.

P.S. Barry, I remember the cinnamon rolls too, fantastic. You do remember when they used to cook the Dodger dogs on an open fire grill, leaving some small burnt spots on the dogs? Can't ever forget how great those were. Damn, I miss those days
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I am a simple guy...

Give me a good beer and some shelled roasted and salted peanuts...

Nothing like cracking them open, and not have to worry about cleaning up the shells!!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

nothing too special out here at Petco Park. there isn't one signature thing, like the dodger dog.

Rubio's Fish Tacos, Randy Jones Barbecue, Gordon Biersch Garlic Fries

pricey side... the OMNI's buffet is really well done

but just outside the ballpark... our favorite restaurant is Lolita's - with CARNE ASADA FRENCH FRIES! crisp golden fries smothered with guacamole, sour cream, cheese and tender carne asada.

Lolita's a family chain from Chula Vista that local slugger Adrian Gonzales has talked up in a few of his local interviews.

heard that SAFECO FIELD has some really Good Eats.
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• Shablagoo!

From the Mariners website...

Food
    Nominated by Food Network for having the 'Best Ballpark Eats In America' and ranked by an ESPN poll as having the 'Best Signature Ballpark Food' (Ivar's Salmon and Hebrew National Kosher Hot Dogs), Safeco Field offers a wide variety of food sure to satisfy any taste. We feature numerous concession locations including 62 food stands, 26 kiosks, one restaurant and one pub. Food varieties are bigger and better than ever: Mariner Dogs, tacos, pizza, nachos, barbecue items, sushi, healthy alternatives, ice cream, espresso and much more (including, of course, beer and peanuts!).

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by findingmickey View Post
    nothing too special out here at Petco Park. there isn't one signature thing, like the dodger dog.

Haven't been to a Padres game since they left Mission Valley.

So Randy Jones BBQ is nothing special in your opinion?

The stadium's within walking distance of the GasLamp, right? Lots of good places in that area as I recall.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by findingmickey View Post

pricey side... the OMNI's buffet is really well done

but just outside the ballpark... our favorite restaurant is Lolita's - with CARNE ASADA FRENCH FRIES! crisp golden fries smothered with guacamole, sour cream, cheese and tender carne asada.

Lolita's a family chain from Chula Vista that local slugger Adrian Gonzales has talked up in a few of his local interviews.

heard that SAFECO FIELD has some really Good Eats.
    We do have the Friar Frank (an obvious rip on the Dodger Dog)
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast