• Ice melts fast in AZ

104 names on the 2003 MLB steroid survey test

Okay, so I know we've talked about this before and their are other threads that we can discuss whether or not the list should be released; but what I think would be interesting here is to keep up "the list" that keeps getting leaked. (Funny how itís only leaked once the government gets a hold of the report) So being that this issue continues to be MLB's death of a 104 cuts, letís see if this whole list gets released over the next couple of years. So far we have 7 as of July 30th, 2009. How many more will be leaked? If there is a new name, post it here.

Before you guys jump on me for this or tell me you don't care about steroids anymore, the reason I want to do this is because I'm wondering what will happen first:
    A) All 104 names are slowly leaked

B) The big names of the 104 on the list are slowly leaked

C) The list is released by the Players Union (yeah right)

D) We stop at 7 names being leaked (I find this unlikely)

1. Barry Bonds
    2. Alex Rodriguez
    3. Sammy Sosa
    4. Jason Grimsley
    5. David Segui
    6. David Otriz
    7. Manny Ramirez
    I am ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike Bar.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: 104 names on the 2003 MLB steroid survey test

Don't forget Mark McGuire.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I'm confused. Are these guys that have been listed to be tested or already have been tested and they are positive for steroid use?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear View Post
    Okay, so I know we've talked about this before and their are other threads that we can discuss whether or not the list should be released; but what I think would be interesting here is to keep up "the list" that keeps getting leaked. (Funny how itís only leaked once the government gets a hold of the report) So being that this issue continues to be MLB's death of a 104 cuts, letís see if this whole list gets released over the next couple of years. So far we have 7 as of July 30th, 2009. How many more will be leaked? If there is a new name, post it here.

Before you guys jump on me for this or tell me you don't care about steroids anymore, the reason I want to do this is because I'm wondering what will happen first:
    A) All 104 names are slowly leaked

B) The big names of the 104 on the list are slowly leaked

C) The list is released by the Players Union (yeah right)

D) We stop at 7 names being leaked (I find this unlikely)

1. Barry Bonds
    2. Alex Rodriguez
    3. Sammy Sosa
    4. Jason Grimsley
    5. David Segui
    6. David Otriz
    7. Manny Ramirez
    A. They'll all get out eventually.

I'm just surprised that it's only been a month and a half since the last name was released. Someone's getting antsy, or the blackmail money is running out or something.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Ice melts fast in AZ

The 7 names mentioned above are the only positively linked names to the 2003 survey test. Big Mac hasn't been connected as of yet and neither have other self admitted juicers like Jason Giambi or Jose Conseco. While their names are most likely there, we'll leave the number of names at 7 until the next player or group of players are revealed (which will probably be within the next few weeks to months).

• Pilot EdForceOne

wonder if anyone has considered suing the government over this stuff.

I mean.. if you make several million dollars a year... and are forced out of work due to improper behavior by government agencies... I'm sure there is plenty of potential damages to be argued for.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Animation Domination

What about Roger Clemens?
    "You are watching FOX"

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    wonder if anyone has considered suing the government over this stuff.

I mean.. if you make several million dollars a year... and are forced out of work due to improper behavior by government agencies... I'm sure there is plenty of potential damages to be argued for.
    Good point, but I'll bet the press would eat the players alive that tried to do that. Not much sympathy going around for juiced players. Plus I'll bet the players don't want that type of publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    What about Roger Clemens?
    Clemens was connected to the Mitchell Report. His name is not among the 104 names on the Survey test (that we know of) that have been leaked. His name may be leaked next. Who knows? Clemens lawyers however had made it clear that his name is not on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    he retired in 2001, this happened in 2003

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Players are starting to say they want the list released. Not that it's up to MLB (because they have never had the list).

Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera want entire 2003 steroid list revealed

Outing the players who tested positive is not quite as simple as the union just giving the go-ahead, however: Because the names are held as evidence in a long-running court case - U.S.v. Comprehensive Drug Testing, Inc., and the Major League Baseball Players Association - their release would have to come by court order, something U.S. Anti-Doping Agency COO Travis Tygart says should happen. In the view of Tygart and other anti-doping experts and lawyers, the Players Association already has violated not only the collective bargaining agreement with MLB but the court order by informing players that their tests are in the hands of the government.
    And the Players Association may have continued to violate the order if it confirmed to Ortiz that he was indeed on the government's list. Ortiz told reporters Thursday that he had checked with the union and that officials told him his test was positive, although that claim has been questioned within the union. If the Players Association did inform Ortiz of a positive, it has violated the order once again.

• Ice melts fast in AZ

So now we have "list discrepancy". It could be as low as 83 or as high as 96.

Players Association says not all players on list used steroids - MLB - SI.com

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    he isn't on the list. remember, he took the stuff from GMC, and it was legal at the time.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me