• Minion

Thumbs up Fan Fell Onto Field 8/07 In Pittsburgh - Gained A New Level of Respect For Pujols!!

So get this.....not sure if anyone heard about this tonight.

Think that most Major League Baseball players are all a bunch of cocky, arrogant, greedy jocks?

Eager fan falls onto field at PNC Park | MLB.com: News

On Friday evening in Pittsburgh, at the Pirates & Cardinals game, a fan who was sitting on the field level seats, while trying to reach for a foul ball, lost his balance, and fell over the railing onto the field, face first!!

The guy was a Cardinals fan, visiting from New York, with his 21 year old son who has down syndrome and was celebrating his 21st birthday. The dad did not immediately get up after falling over.

One of the first two people to respond was Albert Pujols, star player for the Cardinals, and one of the best players in the game right now. At the All Star game last month, he was the one that caught the ceremonial first pitch from President Obama. When he saw that the man was not getting up, he immediately called for help. Through the ordeal, he and a Pittsburgh base coach stayed with the man and his son, who was scared out of his mind. Albert stayed there to comfort the birthday boy. When the father was placed on a stretcher, he gave a thumbs up to show he was ok. His son sat next to him on the grounds cart, but not before Pujols made the effort to make sure that the son left with a souvenir. He gave him the ball that was in play, that his dad made the effort to try to catch for him.

I'm not a Cardinals fan, and I'm not sure if I'm even a Pujols fan, probably just because he plays for a team I simply do not like. But I will say that, without a shadow of a doubt, he gained a whole new level of respect in my book for his actions on that field tonight. He showed just what kind of character he is and what he is made of. He showed that he's not about money, but for the love of the game, and the love of the fans. My hat goes off to him. I can say that he is definitely one of the best in the game.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 08-08-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: missed a word

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Fan Fell Onto Field 8/07 In Pittsburgh - Gained A New Level of Respect For Pujols

Wow. I just watched the video. Freaky! But that was awesome of Albert to do that.

I don't think all baseball players are jerks. Just some of them.

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Re: Fan Fell Onto Field 8/07 In Pittsburgh - Gained A New Level of Respect For Pujols

I saw that video on sportcenter when it happened, and the guy sort of doesn't know how to get a ground ball. You don't go for the fast balls, u go for the slow foul balls.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me