• Senior Minion

Browns Backers Weekend in Cleveland, Ohio Trip Report

My parents are big Browns backers here in Cincinnati and when they heard about Browns Backers weekend in Cleveland, they made me sign up and dragged me along with them.
    The weekend included watching Training camp on Friday evening, stadium tour on Saturday and a Brown vs White scrimmage game on Sunday.

We arrived in Cleveland mid-day friday and it was beautiful weather for an outside practice. After dropping our stuff off at my grandma's house, we heard for Berea, which is where the camp facility is. The camp is actually near Baldwin-Wallace college, which is where they make you park.

Here are a couple of pictures from the front of the facility (they make you go into the back to get to the field).

Off to the side of this picture is a nice, new indoor training facility which they use when it rains during the camps, making it then not open to the public. They refused to let us taken even one pic inside it when we popped our heads in.

Now for some pics from training camp. There were 2-tier bleachers on each side, about 8 sets per side and they were mostly filled, too.

This guy was dancing to some of the more inappropriate music that was being played during the camp between warm-ups.

Bar none, this guy was THE most popular of the camp. Women adore him and about 90% of the jerseys at the game and practice were his. Try to get his autograph? Be mauled by tons of screaming fans, pushed and shoved and stepped on.

I'm not a sports fan, but I could tell this guy isn't the best player or quarterback, but without the helmet, I gotta admit, he's quite cute

Warm-ups and being taped by a trainer:

The way the camp was run was very organized. Warm-ups were first then split into groups for various exercises and agility courses. Then put into groups for mock-games. They moved to a different spot about every 15 minutes when the horn sounded. If they failed to get something right or missed a catch, they had to run a lap.

Lined up, waiting for instructions:

In the middle of camp, they did have a 5 minute break, and according to some of the fans around us, that is what it was like all the time under Romeo, every man for himself, not at all organized.

Brady Quinn signing autographs for kids at the end of practice:

After being mauled, we did manage to get Brady's autograph, Jamal Lewis, Phil Dawson and one other person whose autograph we can't read.

Next up, the stadium tour!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Tucson, Arizona, but I wish I was in Philly, PA

Re: Browns Backers Weekend in Cleveland, Ohio Trip Report

its cool that u got Brady's autograph. What did u have him sign.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
    its cool that u got Brady's autograph. What did u have him sign.
    A piece of paper my mom had with her. We had never been to a training camp so we didn't know to bring anything to get signed.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

I'm going to start with some pics now from the stadium tour.

On our way we saw Jacob's Progressive Field. I remember taking a tour of the place when I was younger. Just sad that it was re-named.

It was a misty/rainish day and our tour was going to be at 12:30 but we got there too early so they took us early and thank goodness because when we got done, it was pouring rain.

Front Enterance:

We started the tour at the City View Club:

The first place we were taken to was the suites. They cost (according to our guide) $25-130,000 per year and it's catered whatever you want. Also, you can watch up to 5 football games at one time with the tv inside, the screen that splits outside and the game being played on the field.

Suite seats:

View from the suites:

The Dawg Pound (apparently one side costs more than the other)

TBC.......

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Cool pictures. I came thiiiissss close to going to the Browns' opener against the Vikings, but then I got better airfare to Cincy, so instead, I'm flying to Cincy that weekend, driving to the USC/Ohio State game, then watching the Bengals host the Broncos. Now that the Favre circus is coming to town, I'm regretting my decision a little bit.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Some really nice pics!

By the way, in case you didn't know, Brady Quinn (number 10) is indeed the quarterback of the Browns.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Steamboat Pete - you live the life that the rest of us, at least I, dream of.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    By the way, in case you didn't know, Brady Quinn (number 10) is indeed the quarterback of the Browns.
    Yeah, my mom has a big crush on him. She's moved on from Troy Aikman to Brady now. Her poor arm was smashed and pulled as she tried to get his autograph admist the mob of people. I got stepped on, shoved, elbowed as I tried to get anyone's autograph for her.

It was nice to get out of a house for the weekend then, but at the game, I got so badly sunburned that I had to wear a fanny pack for a week because my shoulders, back and neck got so badly burned. But some of the prices for food and drink at the stadium were cheaper than at King's Island.

And yes, we often get laughed at and mocked for being Browns fans living in Cincinnati, and get dirty looks when the Browns kick Cincinnati butt. So we get laughed at when the hometown team is far worse? Yeah, makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Cool pictures. I came thiiiissss close to going to the Browns' opener against the Vikings, but then I got better airfare to Cincy, so instead, I'm flying to Cincy that weekend, driving to the USC/Ohio State game, then watching the Bengals host the Broncos. Now that the Favre circus is coming to town, I'm regretting my decision a little bit.
    Thanks you for the post.