• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

New Cowboys Stadium debut...uh oh

I only saw highlights on ESPN, but from what I saw, "The House that Jerry Built" looks colossal. Obviously the new hi-def video boards are the main attraction.

Just one tiny problem with the video boards though...they are too low.
    Yahoo Sports:
    At the debut of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium last night, Tennessee Titans punter A.J. Trapasso kicked a ball that struck one of the gargantuan high-definition scoreboards that hang over the center of the field. Trapasso's punt sailed straight up and hit one of the two scoreboards that face the endzone. It deflected backward and was ruled in-play until Titans coach Jeff Fisher informed officials (who had been watching the players, not the ball) that the punt struck the scoreboard. By rule, the down was replayed
    The rest of the article: Punt hits video screen at new Cowboys Stadium - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I find it funny that Jerry Jones just refuses to blame the engineering team. He instead blamed the punters. Isn't that what the punter is supposed to do though? In short distance punts, kick it as high as you can? Uh, Oh Jerry!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Re: New Cowboys Stadium debut...uh oh

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    I only saw highlights on ESPN, but from what I saw, "The House that Jerry Built" looks colossal. Obviously the new hi-def video boards are the main attraction.

Just one tiny problem with the video boards though...they are too low.

The rest of the article: Punt hits video screen at new Cowboys Stadium - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I find it funny that Jerry Jones just refuses to blame the engineering team. He instead blamed the punters. Isn't that what the punter is supposed to do though? In short distance punts, kick it as high as you can? Uh, Oh Jerry!
    I saw this on SportsCenter last night too. I started laughing. So much for a couple of 40 million dollar HD screens! Jones will blame the engineers once this little problem effects his own team.
    I am ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike Bar.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear View Post
    I saw this on SportsCenter last night too. I started laughing. So much for a couple of 40 million dollar HD screens! Jones will blame the engineers once this little problem effects his own team.

HaHa Right. Probably should've kept to the format everyone else uses. Keep the scoreboards away from the field of play. Those boards will take a beating, cause apparently the punters were aiming for them in pregame warm-ups.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Call me old school...but I think these new stadiums are getting just a little bit out of hand.

I know that you can't have the really old-fashioned type places these days because it's all about the PLs, luxury suites, and revenue streams.

Still, this gargantuan structure is, to me, Jerry Jones ego run wild, and then some.

And seeing those video boards hovering above the field where the actual event is...looked like something out of a George Orwell novel to me.

And did you see the Cowboys rodeo clown, Wade Phillips, trying to demonstrate how it won't bother most punts...gestures here, gestures there...hope a Cowboy punter puts a hole through the oversized thing.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Call me old school...but I think these new stadiums are getting just a little bit out of hand.

I know that you can't have the really old-fashioned type places these days because it's all about the PLs, luxury suites, and revenue streams.

Still, this gargantuan structure is, to me, Jerry Jones ego run wild, and then some.

And seeing those video boards hovering above the field where the actual event is...looked like something out of a George Orwell novel to me.

And did you see the Cowboys rodeo clown, Wade Phillips, trying to demonstrate how it won't bother most punts...gestures here, gestures there...hope a Cowboy punter puts a hole through the oversized thing.
    I agree with you Barry. Looking back on the highlights, it felt too vast for my taste. Even just watching it on TV. I love the 'college' experience where the fans are right on top of the field. Fields like Lambeau, Arrowhead, and the old Foxboro Stadium are football stadiums that have that type of atmosphere.
    Last edited by royaldisneyfan; 08-24-2009 at 02:32 AM.
    Home away from Home.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

Meh. The Cowboys will suffer having fans who won't cheer loudly enough to disrupt the other team. Too bad for them. Seahawks' field was built to maximize crowd noise.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Can they do something to raise that scoreboard? Maybe the Cowboys special teams coach could educate Jerr-ah that their punter might not always want to line-drive it, just to save the scoreboard...maybe they just might want their own team a little "hang time" to get down field...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• or CBF

Why would anyone want a giant video screen showing what's going on right below it?

Totally unnecessary, the Cowboys should be made to remove it.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

"If you can't raise it up, pull it out. Or else we ain't got a show." -Spy Matthews

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

I would love for Jerry to get burned on this one. His ego is off the charts right now.
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The league says they'll see how it goes for this year...and if a kick hits the board, it'll be a "do-over".

I wonder how coaches will feel when one of their better players gets hurt, running downfield on special teams repeatedly because of "do-over' punts.