Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: College Football

Thanks for sharing that, Pete.

Looks like USC, if they win today, will go to the Holiday Bowl - maybe against Nebraska.

That would be an interesting matchup.

Any predictions on Florida-Alabama? I think Tebow will again rise to the occasion, and the Gators will roll.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Rebuilding season, reloading season, whatever you wanna call it ... a disappointing season comes to a thud for USC, as Arizona comes to the Coliseum and plants a 21-17 upset them.

Well, poinsettias at least are traditional for this time of year...

By the way, according to the radio net account by Pete Arbogast, the Trojan players didn't even shake hands with the Wildcats players after the game. If so, bad form, guys.

USC - 8-4, apparently headed to San Diego...for the Poinsettia Bowl. Or maybe Las Vegas if Cal loses.

Late add - with regard to the Florida-Bama game, it looks like my prognostication skills remain about the same...
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 12-05-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Gee, how surprising! Silence from our local Trojan Nation ....

And yes, I know, they're still better than the Bruins.

They're just not better than Arizona, Stanford, Oregon or Washington State.

Least not this year.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Rebuilding season, reloading season, whatever you wanna call it ... a disappointing season comes to a thud for USC, as Arizona comes to the Coliseum and plants a 21-17 upset them.

Well, poinsettias at least are traditional for this time of year...

By the way, according to the radio net account by Pete Arbogast, the Trojan players didn't even shake hands with the Wildcats players after the game. If so, bad form, guys.

USC - 8-4, apparently headed to San Diego...for the Poinsettia Bowl. Or maybe Las Vegas if Cal loses.
    Yes, it's a disappointing season for us. Over the past 8 years, we've had exceptional success, and we always want and hope for our success to continue. This year's team had a lot of talent to replace on the defense, and to Trojan fans' disappointment, the high level of talent did not come through strongly enough to overcome the lack of experience. On offense, QB is such an important position, and between the injuries to game-changing receivers, and the mistake-prone inexperienced true freshman we threw out there, our offense was quite ordinary, and by USC standard, downright inept at times.

We might end up in San Diego to the other red flower bowl, but the Emerald Bowl (or less likely, the Vegas Bowl) could take us, too.

Pete Arbogast is wrong. After the game, most of the Arizona players sprinted to the peristyle end of the Coliseum to celebrate with the Arizona band and fans. About half of the USC players jogged to the tunnel, while the other half walked across to greet the few Wildcats who came over to greet them.

Gee, how surprising! Silence from our local Trojan Nation ....

And yes, I know, they're still better than the Bruins.

They're just not better than Arizona, Stanford, Oregon or Washington State.
    We're clearly not better than Oregon. We're clearly better than Washington State. How much better or worse we are than Cal, Stanford, Arizona and Oregon State is not clear. The fact that we won or lost one particular game against those four teams doesn't tell the entire story.

I just hope that our problems this season are cured by experience and maturity next season, and that it is not a chemistry, coaching or talent problem.

Either way, yeah, we are still quite a bit better than the Bruins. Or the Irish.
    Last edited by steamboatpete; 12-09-2009 at 10:39 PM.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Emerald Bowl! San Francisco!

AT&T Park Ticketing

Get 'em before they are gone.

USC- BC
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

If any SC fans from Mice Chat are planning on coming up, perhaps we could all arrange for a get together at the Disney Family Museum before the game, or the morning of the 27th, before people spending the night head back?

The Museum is about 5 miles from AT&T park.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    AT&T Park Ticketing
    USC- BC
    I got mine already. Club level, corner. Section 204. Meh.

I have some nice club level Holiday Bowl tickets for sale, Wildcat fans....

If any SC fans from Mice Chat are planning on coming up, perhaps we could all arrange for a get together at the Disney Family Museum before the game, or the morning of the 27th, before people spending the night head back?

The Museum is about 5 miles from AT&T park.
    Mmmmmaybe. Still not sure whether I'm flying or driving, but I'm going to the game. I follow my team through thick and thin, good and bad, awesome and merely good. I enjoy the good, and I brush the bad off like water off a duck's back.

Have you been to the museum, Pan? Is it good? I've been to the bay area dozens of times, and there's not much there that I haven't seen, but the Disney Family Museum I haven't seen.

Before the game is not a great time, though. Pep rally is at 11, tailgating follows, then the game at 5.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Have you been to the museum, Pan? Is it good? I've been to the bay area dozens of times, and there's not much there that I haven't seen, but the Disney Family Museum I haven't seen.

Before the game is not a great time, though. Pep rally is at 11, tailgating follows, then the game at 5.
    I have not been yet, one thing or another keeps coming up, but a lot of people up here that have gone really liked it. I would think with all the festivities on the 26th, that the morning of the 27th would be a better choice to visit the museum for people who spend the night and are interested in going.

Unfortunately I cannot attend the game as my son comes into SFO from his moms right at kickoff. LAst year when Cal went they sold out in less than an hour. i imagine they are pretty close to sold out, if not already sold out by this point. I also have friends from Boston now coming!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Even though my team lost I still stick by them...que sera sera...anyways...Radiobarry..who are u picking for the National championship? My gut instinct roots for 'bama..just because their defense is much more better then Texas. just my opinon.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Circle of Ancients

After what Bama did to Florida on Saturday, how can you NOT pick them to win.

There WILL be AT LEAST 1 other undefeated team in the country, maybe 2. Will TCU, Boise State or Cincinnati get a share of the title? If Cincinatti beats Florida IMO they deserve it.

Any thoughts about Clausen entering the Draft? On one hand I would say he's not ready. On the other hand, there are SO many changes happening at Notre Dame right now that he might not fit in with whoever the new coach is.

Although, IMO there is something wrong with his fired coach telling him that he feels he should enter the draft.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

AT&T Park Ticketing

USC- BC
    I never thought I'd see the day when USC fans would be this excited, over going to that kind of bowl game. Too bad the Freedom Bowl isn't still around, eh?

As a Bruin fan, I guess I should be rooting for Navy this weekend. Yes, it has come to that. Well, there's always basketball...well, not this year...

• Rock Star Minion

AT&T Park Ticketing

USC- BC
    I don't think there will be a problem getting tickets.
    USC won't travel well there, even though it's a very nice (or naughty, to each his own) city. Half-price.

All that do go, please note that the Street Car Line (N Judah, I think) goes right past the park. There is no need to drive around too much once you're there. Plenty of cabs, great bus system.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   

I never thought I'd see the day when USC fans would be this excited, over going to that kind of bowl game. Too bad the Freedom Bowl isn't still around, eh?

As a Bruin fan, I guess I should be rooting for Navy this weekend. Yes, it has come to that. Well, there's always basketball...well, not this year...
    Excited?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

AT&T Park Ticketing

USC- BC
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Excited?
    That first quote looks like it came from a pretty excited fan, Pete.

• Rock Star Minion

That first quote looks like it came from a pretty excited fan, Pete.
    Pan is already in SF.
    And he apparently can't make it. (You can show up late with a legitimate excuse, Pan.)

However, it's not a very big stadium for football. If half a regular-season USC game audience wants to go, it will sell out.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast