Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: College Football

Quote Originally Posted by OREGONLVSDLAND View Post
    The oregon ducks have a shot at winning the pac 10 we got a great team this year.halloween night autzen stadium usc is going down that night in eugene will be crazy. The fans will be going nuts oregon is ready for usc. Thats the biggest ticket of the year here in track town usa
    First of all, welcome.

I guess you can blame the Sports Illustrated jinx, right?

In any case, your chances at a BCS game, pretty much shot down before Labor Day.

And while the taunting was unnecessary, young Mr. Blount has a thing or two to learn about controlling his emotions.

He'll apparently have some time to think about where to throw that next sucker punch.

An ugly incident to start the season, to be sure.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Three minutes into the USC opener and....

This team was NOT ready to play. Poor Pete Carroll. They might pull it together any minute now, but after these first three minutes of football, I think the Trojans can kiss any thought of a BCS championship goodbye, and they'll be lucky to stay in the top 10, even with a win. HOW can you come out against SAN FREAKING JOSE (no disrespect if that is your school but it's not exactly the SEC) and fumble like they did and have your Freshman quarterback take that sack? I know they lost their other quarterback, but....man. They were number FOUR going in. After today....it's a long way down.

Edit: They pulled it together and blew them out for the next three quarters. I just don't know what impact his will have on their standings. Maybe none. But that first quarter was probably the worst football I've seen USC play in years. Glad they showed up in the second quarter.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 09-05-2009 at 02:42 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

3-0 San Jose State after 1. Who would have thought.

I am working the radio broadcast for the network station in Ventura - Pete Arbogast and the gang.

Not that they should even be thinking BCS at this moment, but first Oregon, and now Ohio State struggles to a four-point win over Navy at the 'Shoe.

That's why they play the games.

Lest anyone forget, when it comes to college sports, I bleed CS Fullerton orange (my alma mater) and Bruin blue and gold.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

21 - 3 in the second quarter....That's more like it.

But it's going to be tough to get the image of that first quarter 3-0 against San Jose out of the minds of those who will be voting in the polls. I'll be shocked if USC holds on to number four...even if they blow them out for the rest of the game.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I am surprised this game is even on the Schedule. USC was asleep in the first, but now are awake, and SJ will have to happy with their 3 points on the plane ride home tonight...lol.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    I am surprised this game is even on the Schedule. USC was asleep in the first, but now are awake, and SJ will have to happy with their 3 points on the plane ride home tonight...lol.
    I'm sure that San Jose State will go home with a paycheck that will fund much of their athletic budget for the coming year.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Final score: 56 - 3. So USC showed up after all. What an embarrassing first quarter though. It's like a heavily favored gymnast falling on his or her butt in the first round or a title holding boxer getting knocked down in the first 30 seconds. I think everyone was thinking "What the...?"

I guess the real test will come next week. If they get past Ohio State, then they're the real thing. Ohio State didn't exactly walk all over Navy today, so there's a real opportunity there.

I guess we'll see. If you ignore the first quarter, USC is looking pretty solid this year. If you include the first quarter...this is a young team that can still make plenty of mistakes.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

all the way...but I do agree with Mac Daddy..this is a young team that is prone to mistakes...I just hope they learn from their mistakes
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Go Bruins!

that is all.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

San Jose could not take advantage of the 1st Quarter and score 60 points....lol

Like i said. Take the 3 and go home
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Earning My Stripes

I'm just glad the entire PAC-10 showed up for their games, sans the Ducks....... Even the Huskies are putting up a fight.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! Go KU

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SunBurst View Post
    I'm just glad the entire PAC-10 showed up for their games, sans the Ducks....... Even the Huskies are putting up a fight.
    Yep, the SI curse has done in Oregon.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Final score: 56 - 3. So USC showed up after all. What an embarrassing first quarter though. It's like a heavily favored gymnast falling on his or her butt in the first round or a title holding boxer getting knocked down in the first 30 seconds. I think everyone was thinking "What the...?"

I guess the real test will come next week. If they get past Ohio State, then they're the real thing. Ohio State didn't exactly walk all over Navy today, so there's a real opportunity there.

I guess we'll see. If you ignore the first quarter, USC is looking pretty solid this year. If you include the first quarter...this is a young team that can still make plenty of mistakes.
    Yeah the first quarter was horrible. USC lost the ball twice. D'oh. Nobody is perfect. At least USC got it together in the second quarter and control the rest of the game.
    The UCLA game was kind of close too. Both games were great, but I enjoyed USC game much more.
    "You are watching FOX"

• MiceChat Travel Partner

Thumbs up Re: College Football

Gig'em Texas Aggies!

Hey all we are hoping for is a winning season. After the last few years it is time!

We are going to the Arkansas game, so lets see how the Big 12 and the SEC measure up
    MiceChat Preferred Travel Partner

Contact us to book your next Disney Vacation!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast