View Poll Results: Which NBA team will take the 09-10 Title?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Lakers

13 65.00%
  • Los Angeles Clippers

0 0%
  • Denver Nuggets

0 0%
  • Orlando Magic

0 0%
  • Boston Celtics

4 20.00%
  • Cleveland Cavailers

3 15.00%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

NBA 2009-2010 Season

Well, we are getting closer to the next NBA season.

And already it's already proven to be a season worth watching.

Los Angeles Lakers just got Ron Artest, the Clippers got Blake Griffin and Baron Davis, Houston got Trevor Ariza and Denver had resigned Chris Andersen.

But while the western conference doesn't have much going on, the eastern conference does.

Orlando just landed Vince Carter, Shaq has joined Lebron and the Cavilers, Ben Wallace has rejoined the Pistons and Boston just got tougher with Rasheed Wallace and KG returning next season.

So if your an NBA fan, which team do you think has the better chances of winning the next NBA Finals. Not counting Houston because they are so weak right now without Yao, and they could miss next years playoffs.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Re: NBA 2009-2010 Season

Tough teams indeed..but I think in my opionon its either going to be the Lakers ..note..I am NOT a laker bandwagon fan I'm just speaking from a sports fan's view besides Im not of fan of theirs..or Orlando..because they proved last year they are a good team, even though they were badly beaten by the Lakers...I can't see the Celtics going back..don't know why but I can't.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Lightspeed to Endor!

I was pretty sad to see Ariza go, but I am glad the Lakers were able to hold onto Lamar Odom. I DO think the Lakers will be able to clinch another championship, btw. So long as Kobe is up for it.

"Star Tours? What are you doing here? This is a combat zone. It is restricted. Ease off on your main thruster."

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I was pretty sad to see Ariza go, but I am glad the Lakers were able to hold onto Lamar Odom. I DO think the Lakers will be able to clinch another championship, btw. So long as Kobe is up for it.
    I also think the Lakers have the chance to repeat next post-season.

As far as the Eastern Conference goes, I think it's going to be a heated battle between Orlando and Cleveland since the players they got are very skilled. Even if Boston gets KG back from injury, they still got to contain Rasheed Wallace's anger level. I recalled the Eastern Conference FInals back in 2007 when he got slapped with two technical fouls after fouling out and got suspended.

Lakers got to do the same with Ron Artest.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Lightspeed to Endor!

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I also think the Lakers have the chance to repeat next post-season.

As far as the Eastern Conference goes, I think it's going to be a heated battle between Orlando and Cleveland since the players they got are very skilled. Even if Boston gets KG back from injury, they still got to contain Rasheed Wallace's anger level. I recalled the Eastern Conference FInals back in 2007 when he got slapped with two technical fouls after fouling out and got suspended.

Lakers got to do the same with Ron Artest.
    Ron Artest makes me nervous. You have a team like the Lakers that FINALLY found their niche, and then to only shake it up with a guy like Artest.

Hopefully, he'll fit in with that niche and be a team player, or he'll fade out on his own like Stephon Marbury did last season with Boston.

"Star Tours? What are you doing here? This is a combat zone. It is restricted. Ease off on your main thruster."

• Circle of Ancients

It's going to be the Lakers in the west with Denver and possibly Portland (if they can get healthy). Of course, you can never count out the Spurs, although they are pretty much fielding the same team as they did last year. Clippers will no doubt be improved, but they had Baron Davis last year and while I think Blake Griffin will be great, the Clippers haven't had the best of luck with #1 draft picks. Olawakandi anybody?

In the east, it's certainly between Orlando and Cleveland. I do think that Orlando got the better player to add to their roster. Shaq will no doubt help if the Cav's make it to the Finals (against the big-men in the west) but they have to get past Orlando first.

And of course, Cleveland will have LeBron's "will he stay or will he go" hanging over their heads all season as well.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I voted for Cleveland. The addition of Shaq really helps LeBron in the inside game. It will certainly be between Orlando and Cleveland for the Eastn in my humble opinion.

And yeah, unless the Cavs win it all, this will be King James' last season in Cleveland, I think.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Circle of Ancients

Opening tip tonight for the Lakers. Looking forward to it now that Baseball is done.

Was really looking forward to seeing Blake Griffin's debut, but that's not gonna happen for about 6 more weeks.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Opening tip tonight for the Lakers. Looking forward to it now that Baseball is done.

Was really looking forward to seeing Blake Griffin's debut, but that's not gonna happen for about 6 more weeks.
    Welcome to the Clippers, Blake.

If Ron Artest is the model citizen everyone says he's going to be, this Lakers team could challenge 70 wins and they have to be a favorite for back-to-back titles.

Among the many interesting story lines...the Shaq and LeBron show....and will this indeed be King James last season in Cleveland...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Prior to this Griffin news, I had decided that in this thread, I would adopt the LA Clippers as my favorite team.

Maybe I'm the curse, and not Donald Sterling, this time.

Anyway, I'm stayin with them.

Go Clippers!

For the record, they blew a big chance to have their own identity when they decided to move into Staples Center, instead of moving to Anaheim, where they would regularly draw big crowds.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

In the West it will be:

1) LA Lakers
    2) San Antonio Spurs
    3) Portland Trail Blazers
    4) Dallas Mavericks
    5) Denver Nuggets
    6) Utah Jazz
    7) LA Clippers
    8) Phoenix Suns

In the East:

1) Boston Celtics
    2) Orlando Magic
    3) Atlanta Hawks
    4) Cleveland Cavaliers
    5) Miami Heat
    6) Toronto Raptors
    7) Chicago Bulls
    8) Washington Wizards

Western Conference Final will be Portland over LA Lakers in 5 games.
    Eastern Conference Final will be Boston over Atlanta in 7 games.

Portland beats Boston in the Finals 4 games to none

You read it here first
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 10-27-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: error
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Wow..from the first and second quarters Boston looks good really good humm...I wonder if there will be Celtic/Laker rematch this year at the finals?
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    Wow..from the first and second quarters Boston looks good really good humm...I wonder if there will be Celtic/Laker rematch this year at the finals?
    And gee. Only 81 1/2 regular season games, four best-of-seven playoff series, and seven-months plus to go...

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Prior to this Griffin news, I had decided that in this thread, I would adopt the LA Clippers as my favorite team.

Maybe I'm the curse, and not Donald Sterling, this time.

Anyway, I'm stayin with them.

Go Clippers!

For the record, they blew a big chance to have their own identity when they decided to move into Staples Center, instead of moving to Anaheim, where they would regularly draw big crowds.
    Hmm...now that you bring it up, maybe I've been the one jinxing the Clippers these past few years.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Western Conference Final will be Portland over LA Lakers in 5 games.
    Eastern Conference Final will be Boston over Atlanta in 7 games.

Portland beats Boston in the Finals 4 games to none

You read it here first
    What are you on??? And can I have some please!!!!

Portland??? If they can avoid injuries, they will be good, but not good enough to beat the Lakers in 5 games. In another year or two (again, barring health) they will be the team to beat in the West. I truly believe that.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast