View Poll Results: "Who Ya Got, or Who Ya Want" To Go All The Way?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

14 35.00%
  • Colorado Rockies

0 0%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

0 0%
  • Philadelphia Phillies

1 2.50%
  • Los Angeles Angels

17 42.50%
  • Minnesota Twins

0 0%
  • New York Yankees

6 15.00%
  • Boston Red Sox

2 5.00%
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: It's Playoff Time! The 2009 Official Baseball Post-Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    At least the Angels didn't just throw in the towel in the bottom of the 7th. Another clutch hit by Vlad.
    There was a neat story in today's VC Star about how Angel fans should
    give him an ovation, since this could well be his last game as an Angel.

I don't expect him to be back next year.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Well, he did get one. I'll trade you Manny for Vlad Barry.

Weaver is an interesting choice for the 8th ... especially if you need him for a possible Game 7. Then again, if you don't get this one, that's it. You gotta play for this one.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

In case anyone is interested:

By Ventura County Star writer/columnist David Lassen:

ANAHEIM — He’s old now, in baseball terms. Older, even, than his 34 years, given the pounding his body took in his eight seasons on a notoriously hard artificial-turf home field.
    He’s slow, too. He doesn’t run to first base; he hobbles there at an accelerated rate that makes it hard to believe he stole 37 and 40 bases in consecutive seasons. He looks like a guy with nine steals over the last three years, which is what he is.
    The physical realities have Vladimir Guerrero on the downhill side of his baseball career, with the slope of that decline increasing. And baseball’s business realities, imbued with the sentimentality of a Dickensian landlord, make it probable the Angels will not re-sign their current designated hitter and 2004 league MVP.
    So it is altogether possible that tonight’s Game 5 of the American League Championship will be the last time Guerrero wears an Angels uniform at home, the last chance for the Anaheim crowd to salute the player most responsible for turning the team into a perennial playoff contender.
    He may not be the player he was in the 2004, when he batted .337 with 39 homers and 126 RBIs, or in the similarly spectacular 2007 season, when he batted .324 with 45 homers and 125 RBIs.
    But while most people now focus on what Guerrero can no longer do, Angels manager Mike Scioscia has retained enough belief in the abilities of his slugger to keep him batting cleanup. That faith was rewarded in Game 3 of the first-round series with Boston, when Guerrero delivered the two-run ninth-inning single that beat closer Jonathan Papelbon and completed an Angels sweep. It was rewarded again in Game 3 of the ALCS, when Guerrero hit a two-run homer that changed the tone of a game the Angels eventually won 5-4 in 11 innings.

full story from the Ventura County Star:
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Weaver is an interesting choice for the 8th ... especially if you need him for a possible Game 7. Then again, if you don't get this one, that's it. You gotta play for this one.
    How would you handle my quandry.

I must leave home in the next few minutes, to take care of a must-do errand.

Do I listen on my car radio, or set Tivo and listen to one of my music satellite channels in the car, and watch when I get home? What would you do? I cannot watch a game I already know the result of.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm thinking Scioscia might have pulled Lackey earlier than he should have cause maybe he might want him to pitch game 7. It is just 3 days rest but then that's all the more reason to not keep him in there too long.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm giving aashee text message updates since he's not home. I would listen on the radio. I couldn't stand not knowing.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'm thinking Scioscia might have pulled Lackey earlier than he should have cause maybe he might want him to pitch game 7. It is just 3 days rest but then that's all the more reason to not keep him in there too long.
    But if you don't win this game there is no point saving ANYBODY for a game 7. Mike knows this better than anybody.

• Circle of Ancients

I don't think the Umpire's should let them delay so they can bring in Rivera.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

But if you don't win this game there is no point saving ANYBODY for a game 7. Mike knows this better than anybody.
    How can Lackey pitch game 7? Barring a rainout, he'd be doing it on two days rest. No way, unless maybe it's out of the pen.

And its all hands on deck tonight, for sure.

Nice to see John back in the dugout, after the Angels regained the lead. I have seen him after games in the clubhouse after a tough regular season loss. I can only imagine what he must have been like after NY went ahead.

• Circle of Ancients

IMO, unlike "Manny's Shower" Lackey had EVERY RIGHT to be upset and in the clubhouse. And if this is Lackey's last game as an Angel, I know that "other" LA team would love to have him .. but he's an Angel and I hope he stays.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'm giving aashee text message updates since he's not home. I would listen on the radio. I couldn't stand not knowing.
    Well, that's probably what I'm gonna do...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

IMO, unlike "Manny's Shower" Lackey had EVERY RIGHT to be upset and in the clubhouse. And if this is Lackey's last game as an Angel, I know that "other" LA team would love to have him .. but he's an Angel and I hope he stays.
    Me, too of course.

As far as Lackey going in the clubhouse - very smart. He knows that there are cameras all over that dugout, and it would have been very unprofessional to let his feelings out there.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I am holding out leaving, til bout 8:30. At that point, I am hoping I can hear the guys on MLB Home Plate channel talking about an Angel comeback win. Sorry, but I just don't have a lot of confidence in Fuentes. Please prove me wrong, Brian!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Uhhh, no thanks.

Besides, Vlad is almost strictly a DH any more, and the way he plays leftfield, Manny probably ought to be one as well.

• Circle of Ancients

Man, the Angels can't do anything easy can they? Fuentes almost gave it away again. The intentional walk to A-Rod was a no brainer. The walk to Matsui and the hit batter wasn't very good.

Let's see if the Angels can take one this Satuday in the Bronx since they couldn't last Saturday.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast