Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: NFL Stadium in Los Angeles championed by Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Speaking of , if a team from San Diego or SF Bay area moves to LA, the governor is going to make a lot of people mad. Because it's a net zero for the state if that happens.
    I have a lot of empathy for those fans because the same happened with my Rams years ago. How that situation was handled is why I'm no longer a huge NFL fan today. Screwing cities of their teams every few years isn't helping the league, but I guess a quick payoff for the league and the owner is all that matters in this world of make a buck NOW.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    This reminds me of when Tom Benson held the New Orleans Saints over Louisiana's head and demanded a total renovation on the Superdome. I'm so sick of that guy. So, I will be the big person here...and offer LA the Saints. PLEASE..take them. And Benson too.
    Wouldn't mind having the Saints, but Benson or no Benson, I couldn't live with taking the one of the few good things residents in that area have had over the past four years or so.

I remember the gravel pit in Irwindale where the Raiders were going to move before they went back to Oakland. I remember that crook Al Davis pocketing 10-million bucks, and I remember Xavier Hermosillo getting more than 15 minutes of fame.

He even made it on to the Johnny Carson "Tonight" Show!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    The owners all love this, when LA does all the hard work (and all the spending of dollars) to lure teams, only for the owners to get a new stadium of their own in their own home town.

so, "6700" permanent jobs or just for construction? Certainly there will be a need for one-day-a-week parking directors and parking payment receivers. And peanut vendors.
    But, really, some rich owner simply gets richer, all so us plebes can have the "privilege" of having a team to care about.
    We're doing fine without, thanks.

I see, based on the artist rendering of the stadium, that it never rains here. And, that the sunshine is cancer-ray-free.

Agreed with your statements there. We have enough teams.

• WALL•E Fanatic

What the hell is going on in that artist render?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J_Showtime View Post
    What the hell is going on in that artist render?
    It looks like BofA threw up on it.

Was it done by Herb Ryman the night before developers pitched it to their bankers?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I have a lot of empathy for those fans because the same happened with my Rams years ago. How that situation was handled is why I'm no longer a huge NFL fan today. Screwing cities of their teams every few years isn't helping the league, but I guess a quick payoff for the league and the owner is all that matters in this world of make a buck NOW.
    Roski said he won't begin talking with potential teams until after the Feb. 7 Super Bowl. He's identified six teams -- the Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Rams -- as likely candidates to move to the state-of-art Industry site because of financial struggles or expiring stadium leases.

On Wednesday, the Raiders announced a tentative agreement to extend their lease for their stadium through the 2013 season, seemingly knocking them out of contention to move to the Industry site.
    Interest in tickets high for stadium - LA Daily News

• Nerd

Thumbs up Re: NFL Stadium in Los Angeles championed by Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    The owners all love this, when LA does all the hard work (and all the spending of dollars) to lure teams, only for the owners to get a new stadium of their own in their own home town.

so, "6700" permanent jobs or just for construction? Certainly there will be a need for one-day-a-week parking directors and parking payment receivers. And peanut vendors.
    But, really, some rich owner simply gets richer, all so us plebes can have the "privilege" of having a team to care about.
    We're doing fine without, thanks.

I see, based on the artist rendering of the stadium, that it never rains here. And, that the sunshine is cancer-ray-free.
    What he said.

• Nerd

Hey! I have another idea!!!. lets build an $8 Billion dollar train to Vegas while were at it!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    Agreed with your statements there. We have enough teams.
    Someone will eventually relocate to Los Angeles. It's just too big of a media/TV market for the NFL to ignore.

But not one dime out of the taxpayers pockets, I say. Somebody's got to set an example on this.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Is it summer yet???

The site for the new stadium is off of Grand Avenue (Baker Parkway) in between the 60 freeway and Valley Blvd. It borders Diamond Bar, Walnut and City of Industry. It's primarily a new industrial business park area. It's been in the works for about 3 years now and was reportedly a "go" until the City of Walnut objected. Sounds like the Governator solved that problem. The Vikings are another team rumored to be considering the move. The move sure worked out well for the Lakers.
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Yeah, and the most ironic part is he'll probably poach a team from some other area of California and then the state will not benefit an iota from this.

EDIT: Next step - building a new NFL stadium for Oakland when the Raiders move back to Los Angeles?
    Oakland just renewed their lease through 2013.

I notice that the proposed stadium has purple seats. I can't ever see myself rooting for the Los Angeles Vikings, even though I no longer love the Rams, but my kids would probably like 'em.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Post 21 says Raiders renewed and won't be contenders for the first slot.

But the developers would like to host two teams if they can get away with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12