Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

• Crazy Furry

Re: Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics -Feb 12-Feb 28, 2010-

Yeah, once again this three hour delay is certainly making NBC look like dolts.

As for the Hockey Game, great job to the USA team. Keep it up for the next few games and the outcome will be very nice. As for Canada, don't get too shaken up by the loss.

Now as for the ice dancing, for me the solid favorite dance was hands down the Indian Dance from the new American pair. It had a whole lot of energy and was exciting all the way through.

As for the Russian pair with their Australian Aboriginal Dance, there are three words that best describe it...A Freakin' Joke.

There are multiple reasons why the audience never applauded or cheered during the performance, and why there was a very lukewarm applause when the show ended...I can take a guess that one reason was because people were wondering "What the heck was going on?!"
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

that's what my whole family was saying!!

when it was over i said "i don't get it"

then my dad goes "yeah i don't get it" then asks my mom "did you get it" "nooope!"

we just all sat there with confused looks on our face while my brother was totally out of the loop cause he was doing homework.

but i really liked the canadians tango pasa doble dance thing they had
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Crazy Furry

While the Russian's said they changed a few things from the original performance from the Europe Championships, it still was a total mess.

The costumes looked terrible, epecially with the random leaves including the ones on the guy's head where it looked like a hemp leaf. Not to mention the guys oversized loin cloth and leggings which made it looked like he had sagging skin.

The music was bizarre, while I did hear a digeridoo in the beginning..the various grunts and groans just added to the confusion.

Finally, the over the top movements such as pulling the girl up by her hair and the silly facial expressions certainly made this more of a confusing mockery then anything else.

As for the Canadians that are currently in the lead, I thought they did a great job. They pulled off a very daring lift and were pretty exciting.

However I felt the music didn't exactly flow well with the performence, mainly when you just heard the tapping of the boots. Boot tapping and ice skating doesn't mix too well, but besides that the performence was good.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Obviously I'm rooting for USA, but I heard Canada plays Germany next. I've seen Germany play. Canada should have no problems winning them.

Who does the USA play next?
    Winner of the Swiss/Belarus game.

So... the Swiss. Not so easy. The Swiss are good even though we already beat them.

What is interesting if when Canada dispatches Germany 10-0, they then play Russia. One will go home. No Medal. in what was supposed to be the Gold Medal game by most predictions.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    so i'm watching nbc, they transitioned from ice dancing to bobsled, and in the middle of the germans' run, it's like breaking news! and they showed the last 30 seconds of the usa canada hockey team. me and my dad are thinking wtf? they showed this live hours ago, and unless someone is living under a rock and all they have is nbc, i think we would all know how this game would end. helloooooo nbc! knock knock anyone home?
    It's because it was "Live" for people on the East Coast. If you looked at the time, it was exactly 3 hours later. I don't see why they couldn't have cut out that part of it for the tape-delayed West Coast feed.

It's just making them look worse with the tape delay stuff.

I'm going to be interested to see the ratings for the Hockey game on MSNBC, I REALLY hope it had incredible ratings.

Another note, why can't ESPN show highlights of the games? All they can do is show pictures. How ridiculous is that???

EDIT: Here is the bracket for the Men's tournament. It's quite possible the USA and Canada can play again for Gold ... but Canada has to get through Russia first.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...layoff-dE.html

And Wednesday will be Russia vs. Canada (assuming Canada get's through Germany)
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 02-22-2010 at 07:58 AM.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

I do not understand why ice dancing is even in the Olympics. It is more art than sport.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Circle of Ancients

And it's REALLY boring. I'm not watching a ballroom dancing competition, I'm not watching Ice Dancing. I'm thinking they are trying to capitalize on "Dancing with the Stars"? But they don't realize people watch that for the celebs, not the dancers.

Although I did watch when Tanith Belbin was skating.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    And it's REALLY boring. I'm not watching a ballroom dancing competition, I'm not watching Ice Dancing. I'm thinking they are trying to capitalize on "Dancing with the Stars"? But they don't realize people watch that for the celebs, not the dancers.

Although I did watch when Tanith Belbin was skating.
    yeah it is boring, but so was the male figure skating. I seem to recall in the past it was more interesting, but not so much this year.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

really we go weeks arguing whether ice dancing should be an olympic sport or not, cause obviously it's a big deal over in europe
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

That was one of the best hockey games I've ever seen.

I think the NHL would be better served if it could somehow adapt to the larger rink dimensions of international play. Those dimensions seem to lend themselves to a more wide-open style of play. That was ice hockey at its best last night. It's too bad we couldn't have been shown all the games on "the networks of NBC".

Ryan Miller stood on his head last night. A hot goaltender can take you a long way in this kind of tournament, but they can't give up that many shots going forward and hope to have a shot at gold.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I assume you are talking about the men Barry, and not the ladies who just finished a game against Sweden.

I don't get too bent out of shape about the coverage. I am enjoying the Olympics. The United States is really doing well, and as a citizen I am really happy about that.

I even enjoy some of the personal stuff that they have been showing in the morning. I really like seeing past Gold medalists like Scott Hamilton, Dorothy Hamill, and Peggy Fleming. I even had a Dorothy Hamill haircut at one time in my life.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I assume you are talking about the men Barry, and not the ladies who just finished a game against Sweden.
    Yes, I was - but congratulations to the ladies as well - they are living up to expectations with their level of play thus far.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

I really think the NHL is going to be the beneficiary of a LOT of increased ratings because of this tournament. ESPECIALLY if the USA team can somehow reach a medal game and ESPECIALLY if it's a Gold Medal game against Canada or Russia.

And IMO, that's a GOOD thing. Hockey is such an amazingly fun sport to watch on both TV and ESPECIALLY live.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I really think the NHL is going to be the beneficiary of a LOT of increased ratings because of this tournament. ESPECIALLY if the USA team can somehow reach a medal game and ESPECIALLY if it's a Gold Medal game against Canada or Russia.

And IMO, that's a GOOD thing. Hockey is such an amazingly fun sport to watch on both TV and ESPECIALLY live.
    It will be interesting to see the ratings for MSNBC last night, and for USA and CNBC and MSNBC this week....and gee, the gold medal game makes it to big Daddy NBC on Sunday.

And 30 years ago today, I recall hearing the news on the radio, driving from where I was living in Whittier down the 5 freeway in late afternoon, to work a Friday private party night at a certain theme park we all know, when we heard that the unimaginable had happened...

A group of U.S. amateurs had beaten the by-any-definition professional Soviet Red Army hockey team in the semi-finals at Lake Placid.

No live TV then, either. It was shown at 11:30PM on the West Coast. A group of New Orleans Main Kitchen employees gathered around a TV set at about 1:30AM in a closed employees cafeteria to happily watch the final moments of a game we all knew the outcome to.

I didn't hear Al Michaels classic "Do You Believe In Miracles" on ABC til later...we were all too busy cheering at the time...quite a memory.

• Crazy Furry

When it comes to the Hockey game ratings, well over on the Canadians channel (CTV), they announced that yesterday's game was the most watched sports program in the countries history. (10.6 million).

So I can imagine any channel in the US that showed the game live, they would have some impressive ratings as well.

Also in news from Canada, they announced that the "Own the Podium" program is a bust. $117 Million dollars ($66 Million being taxpayer's money), put in...and they don't have a chance at leading the medal count.
    Last edited by AE_Fan; 02-22-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast