Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics -Feb 12-Feb 28, 2010-

^ Totally agreed. NBC's coverage SUCKS.

Even though the Hockey isn't on NBC, looking at the coverage they are doing now, I have to say I'm very happy they aren't. Hopefully MSNBC will do a good job, and I do believe it's live as well.

As for the song "Bang The Drum" ... I didn't really care for it. It honestly sounded like one of those hokey "church songs".

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    All I can say is thank heavens for the DVR.
    can you tell my parents this? cause my dad is head over heels for the olympics, yet he hasn't got to watch much of it. plus there's been sooo many situations where there's something on tv, but we're not in front of the tv
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Infinitized!

• no flash photography...

I feel kind of bad for these athletes. When they choose a country to host the winter Olympics it should be a country with a proven track record for snow. The courses suck. They have to truck and helicopter snow in. The Olympics should have prime conditions for the worlds best athletes to compete in.

They said a part of the snowboarding track collapsed last night due to weather conditions and they worked all night to rebuild it. The track is all slushy and deteriorating. I think these are the worst winter Olympic conditions I have seen.

I guess it's ok because they all have to compete in the same crappy conditions, but geez...it still sucks.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I feel kind of bad for these athletes. When they choose a country to host the winter Olympics it should be a country with a proven track record for snow. The courses suck. They have to truck and helicopter snow in. The Olympics should have prime conditions for the worlds best athletes to compete in.

They said a part of the snowboarding track collapsed last night due to weather conditions and they worked all night to rebuild it. The track is all slushy and deteriorating. I think these are the worst winter Olympic conditions I have seen.

I guess it's ok because they all have to compete in the same crappy conditions, but geez...it still sucks.
    If they games were held last year, they would've been near picture perfect. We had colder temperatures, good snow, and sunny weather. It was just bad luck that this turned out to be the worst El Nino year anyone around here remembers.

Even the ski hill were I work at here in the Okanagan has been hampered by fog and soggy conditions. I'm just worried that we may have to end the season earlier and I'll be out of a job earlier than expected.
    Last edited by Barbossa; 02-15-2010 at 06:26 PM.

i really don't think this is canada's fault as well. we can't control the weather.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

The weather is weird everywhere. Warmer here, colder there...

The NHLers are in town!!!!! GO USA HOCKEY! Tomorrow Vs. the Swiss.

and I just want to say NBC SUCKS...

Carry On...
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    i really don't think this is canada's fault as well. we can't control the weather.
    I didn't blame canada. I just question how countries are chosen to host the games. Unfortuantly The conditions for the games are pretty bad this year. So, maybe choosing a country that will normally have ideal conditions...like IDK the European countries that always have great snow would be better for the future.

• Infinitized!

I didn't blame canada. I just question how countries are chosen to host the games. Unfortuantly The conditions for the games are pretty bad this year. So, maybe choosing a country that will normally have ideal conditions...like IDK the European countries that always have great snow would be better for the future.
    But the weather has been wierd in Europe too.

Take as much in of the winter games as you can. It's possible they may become extinct in the future due to the weather and global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    But the weather has been wierd in Europe too.

Take as much in of the winter games as you can. It's possible they may become extinct in the future due to the weather and global warming.
    yeah, they could easily hold them in some of the USA southern states right now.... Also, I have not heard of utah, or any normal snow covered European country not having snow.

It's unfortunate is Canada normally has snow that this tear is so terrible. I wonder how this winter Olympics will be viewed when it's over.

• Infinitized!

yeah, they could easily hold them in some of the USA southern states right now.... Also, I have not heard of utah, or any normal snow covered European country not having snow.

It's unfortunate is Canada normally has snow that this tear is so terrible. I wonder how this winter Olympics will be viewed when it's over.
    A few years ago, they had some serious problems with snow in the alps. A lot of the ski hills were hurting there.

Whoever you ask around here, no one can figure out why VANOC chose Cypress as a venue. All ski and snowboard events should've been held at Whistler. Whistler could've had the events that it has, and Blackcomb, in addition to the sliding events, could've had all the events that Cypress got - and there would probably been not that many headaches as they are having with Cypress.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Whoever you ask around here, no one can figure out why VANOC chose Cypress as a venue. All ski and snowboard events should've been held at Whistler. Whistler could've had the events that it has, and Blackcomb, in addition to the sliding events, could've had all the events that Cypress got - and there would probably been not that many headaches as they are having with Cypress.
    The snow in Whistler does look nice. They probably should have held all the outdoor events there.

I'm not sure of the details, but I did hear a cross country skier say the snow conditions on Whistler were pretty good today, but was bad prior. What made it bad? the rain?

• Infinitized!

The snow in Whistler does look nice. They probably should have held all the outdoor events there.

I'm not sure of the details, but I did hear a cross country skier say the snow conditions on Whistler were pretty good today, but was bad prior. What made it bad? the rain?
    Hmm, not sure. Remember the nordic and ski jumping events aren't directly at Whistler Village. There's a turnoff before Whistler and you got to drive in a bit to the Callaghan Valley where the Cross Country trails are located.

Anybody watching pairs figure skating? Just wondering if any pairs attempted the Iron Lotus. I think the only ones that can pull it off are Chazz Michael Michaels and Jimmy MacElroy...

ooooooooooh......that's the iron lotus.......

• Circle of Ancients

Finally enjoying some LIVE Olympics today. Saw the USA vs. Germany Curling match earlier, unfortunately USA lost.

Now enjoying USA vs. Switzerland in Hockey. USA is currently up 1-0 in the 2nd.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast