Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Re: Baseball's "Hot Stove League" 2009-2010 Edition - Baseball Talk Lives On Here!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
    Word going around is the Red Sox have reached a 5 year, $82.5 Million deal with Lackey pending a psychical. I cannot believe that my last image of Lackey is him being pulled off the mound in the World Series game. I'm not all that happy about our roster as of right now, since the Phillies have rumored to have reached a deal for Halladay. We lost out on Halladay, we lost Lackey, who else are we going to lose?
    Angels have also lost Figgins, don't forget.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Baseball's "Hot Stove League" 2009-2010 Edition - Baseball Talk Lives On Here!

sad day - sad day indeed.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I never thought I'd see another off-season like this, with the Angels current organization.

This reminds me of he lump of coal we used to get in our fan's stockings, back in the old days.

Sad day? Maybe the saddest in this sense since I opened up the OC Register in the late fall of 1979, and saw Nolan Ryan's full-page open letter to the Angels fans, and realized it was really true - he was gone.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    He's reportedly close to a deal with the Red Sox (ugh).
    Ugh? Ugh? Gee, I didn't ugh when other teams or players did well...

It does make the Boston rotation a bit crowded, though, and I wonder who they're thinking of throwing off the boat next. They still don't have a left fielder, and may be short a third/first baseman.

John, welcome to Bahstin! Go Sawx!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Ugh? Ugh? Gee, I didn't ugh when other teams or players did well...
    When I lose Lohn Lackey, I ugh. I think there was an F in front of it too.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

John, welcome to Bahstin! Go Sawx!
    I hope you choke on him.

Seriously,

John will always have a special place in the hearts of Angel fans, for 2002.

I hope when he makes his first appearance next year in Anaheim next year, he gets a long and loud standing ovation before the home half of the first inning.

Hope all your chow-duh turns out to be Manhattan-style this Christmas.

Then I hope the Angels beat his ugh-ing brains in.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Look at this potential deal: Roy Halladay to the Phillies and Cliff Lee to the Mariners. The Blue Jays would get prospects from both teams.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Look at this potential deal: Roy Halladay to the Phillies and Cliff Lee to the Mariners. The Blue Jays would get prospects from both teams.
    I'm not quite sure why the Phils would give up prospects and Lee for Halladay. Sure Halladay has more upside talent wise but he is older and Lee pitched great for them down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Odd.

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Just what they need. Another DH-type headed over the hill.
    I'll agree with you Barry that Matsui is now just a DH but I think he has a few good years left in his bat. He is not the same guy that played in 1768 consecutive games (Japan & MLB) but he is a professional hitter that adds depth to any lineup. Just don't give him more than 2 - 3 years. I would love to see Matti back in Pinstripes but only for a 1 -2 year deal at no more than 2 million a year.

Before some Yankee fan jumps in, ....
    Wow Barry, I'm hurt... really.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post

Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan
    I'm not quite sure why the Phils would give up prospects and Lee for Halladay. Sure Halladay has more upside talent wise but he is older and Lee pitched great for them down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Odd.
    It sure seems a bit odd. Lee is a lot cheaper (and under contract for another year) and younger. He isn't of Roy Halladay's caliber but he's a legit top of the rotation guy. Halladay has got 2 good years left, maybe a 3rd. It defiantly is a win - win for Halladay though. 20 million a year over 5 years and he gets to pitch in a weaker division and weaker league. He might even end up with a sub 2.00 ERA next year. Lee probably shot himself in the foot by his agent declaring what kind of money he was looking for in an extension. But hey, how about those Mariners? Nothing like making some splashes early on in the off season after dumping some big bust contracts. Hopefully they have better luck with these.
    I am ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike Bar.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Odd.
    I have to agree. Lee was the only effective starter the Phils had in the Playoffs/WS. This is sort of a slap in the face to Lee, but the M's should be set with Felix and Cliff, 1-2 in that rotation.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Senior Minion

When I lose Lohn Lackey, I ugh. I think there was an F in front of it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    I hope you choke on him.
    Sigh. Such ugly bitterness, and right before the Christmas holidays. You two must really need the coal.

A lesser person would retort with something like "I hope the Angels sign Guererro to a six year deal, and trade away their top three prospects for Milton Bradley". But I would never resort to such bitter invective.

Now, if the Sawx can get either Beltre or Gonzalez....

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Sigh. Such ugly bitterness, and right before the Christmas holidays. You two must really need the coal.

A lesser person would retort with something like "I hope the Angels sign Guererro to a six year deal, and trade away their top three prospects for Milton Bradley". But I would never resort to such bitter invective.

Now, if the Sawx can get either Beltre or Gonzalez....
    Losing our ace to a bitter rival is bitterness? Darn tootin'!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Losing our ace to a bitter rival is bitterness? Darn tootin'!!!
    I couldn't care less right now how these events will affect the Eastern teams, which still seems to be ESPN's obsession which I thought might change after they built their studios out here.

I am wondering why Lackey was in such a hurry to get outta here. Was his mind made up when he didn't get the money he wanted before the season started?

Did he call his agent from the clubhouse after Oliver gave up that three-run double to Teixiera, to say "get me the hell out of here NOW"?

I guess he felt like he'd never get to another World Series any other way.

This hurts big time. Right now I'm thinking of healthier ways I can spend the time next year I woiuld ordinarily have been obsessing over the Angels.

This, too, shall pass. Just not soon.

• Minion

Before some Yankee fan jumps in, I just wanted to say it was the League Championship Series, and not the World Series unfortunately.
    Yeah, uhh thanks for that Barry, I always get them mixed up and I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    Angels have also lost Figgins, don't forget.
    Ohh, I haven't forgotten.

John will always have a special place in the hearts of Angel fans, for 2002.

I hope when he makes his first appearance next year in Anaheim next year, he gets a long and loud standing ovation before the home half of the first inning.
    Couldn't of said it better. John will always have a special place in my heart for all that he has done which is why Angels or Red Sox, he will always be the one player I will never boo everytime he hits the mound just because for all that he has done for the Angels. Other then that I hope we beat them Red Sux.... err Sox
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Jayson Stark of ESPN explains that Halladay was willing to sign an extension for less than market value and Lee wanted the big $$$. That trade makes a little more sense now.
    Home away from Home.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast