Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: Baseball's "Hot Stove League" 2009-2010 Edition - Baseball Talk Lives On Here!

Royals trade Mark Teahen to the White Sox for 2B Chris Getz and 3B Josh Fields. The start of a long offseason for my Royals.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Re: Baseball's "Hot Stove League" 2009-2010 Edition - Baseball Talk Lives On Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Guess baseball's in my blood.

Correction: In your case, I think it's in your heart.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

I saw the Angels beat the Yankees in October. It was only one game, but it was priceless. I was lucky enough to get good seats through a bro. It wasn't as good as watching the 2002 World Series back-and-forth game against the Giants, but it was still memorable. As a Dodger fan, I'm concerned about second base. With Orlando aging, and his replacement a free agent, what's on second? Who's on first? I don't think Loney's offensive numbers are enough to justify his employment. The Dodgers need a real ripper at first. Manny doesn't promise to win many games next year either. I predict a bad year for this aging bad attitude. Then, the need for a top level stopper, a starter, remains. On the bright side, Kemp looks like a superstar about to explode. Ethier had a breakout year this year. If only Loney could put it all together.

• or CBF

I wouldn't be surprised if the Padres moved some more fan favorites this offseason.

Adrian Gonzalez to the Red Sox seems more plausible now that Theo Epstein's former assistant Jed Hoyer is the Padres' new GM.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• MC State Comptroller

My D'backs exercised their option on Brandon Webb, who will be back to his old self by next years training camp.

. . . but declined Chad Tracy's and instead bought him out.

It's too soon to tell, but i hope management picks up some much needed hitting and some help to Webb for pitching. The d'backs need hitting ever since they lost Orlando Hudson to the Dodgers.

But i got to say right now my head is not into baseball, I'm worried about my Cards and to see Yankees win the series makes me ill. Sorry NY fans.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Twins exercise 2011 option on Michael*Cuddyer - MLB - SI.com

Cuddyer is staying in the Twin Cities.

Manny Ramirez*exercises $20 million*option with Dodgers - MLB - SI.com

Big surprise it was Manny that exercised his option and not the other way around.

Philadelphia Phillies pick up Cliff Lee's $9 million option - MLB - SI.com

Lee is a steal for 9 million.

Brewers trade J.J. Hardy to Twins for Carlos Gomez - MLB - SI.com

Kind of an odd trade. You'd think the Twins would get more for Gomez even after a poor year. He really just needs a coach to focus him.
    I am ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike Bar.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Rays pick up Carl Crawford's $10 million option for 2010. That's a hefty option.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

AL Gold Glove Winners were announced today:

P Mark Buehrle
    C Joe Mauer
    1B Mark Teixeira
    2B Placido Polanco
    3B Evan Longoria
    SS Derek Jeter
    OF Adam Jones
    OF Torii Hunter
    OF Ichiro
    Home away from Home.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Rays pick up Carl Crawford's $10 million option for 2010. That's a hefty option.
    But he had an awesome season and is in the prime of his career. He's never been healthier and he's the longest tenured Ray in team history.

Now if we could only do something about Upton. Someone needs to light a fire under his azz. And it looks like we're going to have a platoon of Matt Joyce & Gabe Kapler in RF next year as apparently Gabe Gross is history.

And Akinori Imuwara was traded to the Pirates for a reliever (which we need... our bullpen SUCKED this year).

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    AL Gold Glove Winners were announced today:

P Mark Buehrle
    C Joe Mauer
    1B Mark Teixeira
    2B Placido Polanco
    3B Evan Longoria
    SS Derek Jeter
    OF Adam Jones
    OF Torii Hunter
    OF Ichiro
    EVAN!!!!!!

And Polanco too! AWESOME!

Oh and Rick Porcello was named Tigers Rookie of the Year.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    But he had an awesome season and is in the prime of his career. He's never been healthier and he's the longest tenured Ray in team history.

Now if we could only do something about Upton. Someone needs to light a fire under his azz. And it looks like we're going to have a platoon of Matt Joyce & Gabe Kapler in RF next year as apparently Gabe Gross is history.

And Akinori Imuwara was traded to the Pirates for a reliever (which we need... our bullpen SUCKED this year).
    No question Crawford deserves that money. I guess I'm venting over the fact that our zucky owner won't spend $10 mill on harldy anyone, let alone a $10 million option.
    Home away from Home.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Ken Griffey Jr. will return for another season with the Mariners. I know I've said this before here, but I would love for him to finish his career in Seattle.
    Home away from Home.

• Rides against injustice

Congrads to Matt Kemp for winning his first of hopefully many Gold Gloves and to the "O-Dawg" Orlando Hudson. Wish his time in LA wouldve ended on a better note.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Ooo, I didn't know MiceChat had a baseball area. Baseball + Disneyland might be a bit too much for me to handle :P .

NL Gold Glovers were announced earlier today, and my Rockies were left out in the cold again . In my opinion Tulo had a better year defensively than Rollins, but that may be a bit of homerism at work. And while I think Hudson had a great year at second, Utley really deserved the award. He's been passed over three times now despite having amazingly awesome years.

1B Adrian Gonzalez, Padres
    2B Orlando Hudson, Dodgers
    SS Jimmy Rollins, Phillies
    3B Ryan Zimmerman, Nationals
    C Yadier Molina, Cardinals
    P Adam Wainwright, St. Louis
    OF Michael Bourn, Houston
    OF Matt Kemp, Dodgers
    OF Shane Victorino, Phillies

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The O-Dog was a big part of the Dodgers success, and turned in another outstanding year defensively.

And between Kemp and Torii Hunter, we get to see some pretty good centerfield play in Southern California.

The MLB Network guy covering the GM meetings in Chicago said today that the Phillies are interested in Chone Figgins, but also that the Angels, as they should, are making a major effort to keep him.

From another source, I heard that the Angels might be willing to part with John Lackey. I can't understand that, at all.

Welcome, oo_nrb!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

The Phillies, Cardinals and Dodgers represented well in the Gold Glove department.
    Home away from Home.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast