Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Baseball's "Hot Stove League" 2009-2010 Edition - Baseball Talk Lives On Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Not everybody. Milton Bradley comes to mind.
    Maybe because they've all seen his act before. Too bad the Cubs signed him anyway - with an outcome unfortunately all too predictable. And they're still on the hook for two more years with that guy.

Good talent, but a cancer on every team he's been with, essentially.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Ice melts fast in AZ

Re: Baseball's "Hot Stove League" 2009-2010 Edition - Baseball Talk Lives On Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Not everybody. Milton Bradley comes to mind.
    Should have let him go back to making board games like the Royals should have let Coco Crisp go back to making cereal.
    I am ashamed of what I've done for a Klondike Bar.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

There is one thing that MIGHT make me interested in Bradley. Maybe offering Gary Matthews for him. I'd want a prospect or some cash on the deal too because whoever takes Bradley is in a position of strength.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    There is one thing that MIGHT make me interested in Bradley. Maybe offering Gary Matthews for him. I'd want a prospect or some cash on the deal too because whoever takes Bradley is in a position of strength.
    I wouldn't want to see the Angels get him. And even if they did, it doesn't seem to me that he'd be the kind of player to last long under Sciosia's way of doing things.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I wouldn't want to see the Angels get him. And even if they did, it doesn't seem to me that he'd be the kind of player to last long under Sciosia's way of doing things.
    I don't see Matthews as a very good influence on the locker room and he's a much worse player than Bradley. That being said they'd have to get Bradley with a place to play him and with Torii/Abreu/Rivera and a questionable Vlad return, there may not be a place for him which would make him the whiner he is.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I don't see Matthews as a very good influence on the locker room and he's a much worse player than Bradley.
    I'd have to agree with you there.

• Senior Minion

Congratulations to the Marlin's Chris Coghlan and the A's Andrew Bailey, rookies of the year!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Really thought JA Happ would win, but Coghlan had a nice year too.

Cy Young announcement is tomarrow. Folks here in KC (myself included) are excited to hear the name we want to hear.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post

Cy Young announcement is tomarrow. Folks here in KC (myself included) are excited to hear the name we want to hear.
    Sir Sidney Ponson?

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Sir Sidney Ponson?
    Oh Barry...don't ever mention that name to me again.

I would tell you the only award Sir Sidney's ever won but that would just be mean.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Shablagoo!

Seattle's Felix Hernandez finished 2nd in the AL Cy Young race. I would say who got first, but I will leave that to the resident #1 fan of the team. I will also say congratulations to the player. IF anyone was going to beat Felix, he is the player I would have wanted to win it.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Oh Barry...don't ever mention that name to me again.

I would tell you the only award Sir Sidney's ever won but that would just be mean.
    You mean the buffet eating champion of The Netherlands?

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

You mean the buffet eating champion of The Netherlands?
    You said it. I didn't.
    Home away from Home.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

You said it. I didn't.
    That's kinda my job on MiceChat.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Zack Greinke wins AL Cy Young! I'm so happy for him, not just because he plays for the Royals, but the road that led up to this award. Think about it. In 05' he loses 17 games in his first full year. 06' he leaves Spring Training due to social anxiety disorder. But has improved each of the last 3 season and now is the true ace we all hoped he would be.

Very proud of Zack.
    Last edited by royaldisneyfan; 11-17-2009 at 05:19 PM.
    Home away from Home.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast