Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2010

• Tomorrow's Child

Formula 1 2010

Anyone an F1 fan on MiceChat? I know there's probably not going to be many, but I thought I'd set up a thread for the season.

And what a season its fixing up to be. New teams, new driver combinations. And one new circuit (I'm not too sure on).

So if you're a fan, stop by and say hello!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Re: Formula 1 2010

I like to watch Formula 1 and my favorite team is Red Bull Racing, because it is an Austrian team. Red Bull, the owner of the team is based near my home city. Although the team is based in England, it drives with an Austrian licence.

For this season I really hope that Sebastian Vettel wins the championship.

There is only one week left until the new season starts.

• Tomorrow's Child

^I certainly think Vettel's got a good chance this year, even with McLaren, Ferarri and Mercedes looking strong.

And even if he doesn't win it this year, he will win a championship eventually, IMO.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

This season will be very interesting with four strong teams, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and Red Bull.

I'm really curious how strong Michael Schumacher will be. I'm sure he will win some races, but I don't think that he will win the championship. Although he is the best driver ever, I don't like him very much.

• Tomorrow's Child

^Makes two of us.

I reckon if he's not on the pace he wants to be his neck injury will suddenly start playing up and Nick Hieldfeld will be drafted in as a replacement.

Walt Disney

• Banned User

I expect Jensen Button to do well again, and I wanna see Lewis Hamilton bounce back from his horrific season last year, I just wish there would be some races at 11 or midnight, I can't watch them at 3 or 4 a.m. here in the U.S., I'm sleeping

• Tomorrow's Child

Welcome to our little corner of MC

I can sympathise. I'm also a baseball and hockey fan. Most games don't start 'til Midnight BST.

At least Canada is back on the calendar. That's a great time slot for everyone.

Walt Disney

• Banned User

Canada yeah, the Bahrain GP starts at like 3 or 4 a.m., maybe I'll be up for the final practice but I'm gonna have to record the race, where is Bahrain anyways? Is it in the Sahara?

• Tomorrow's Child

Bahrain is an island in the Persian Gulf. Although it looks like it should be, its not close to the Sahara.

BTW, I've heard rumours that Bernie is still trying to go back Stateside - probably at Indy again. Apparently Mario Andretti (who was at the race) has tried to convince him to go back.

As for today's race....
    Spoiler
    Not that great IMO, bit dull really. You can put that down to the Sakhir circuit in part. Espeically the track extension they used. What a faff that turned out to be!!

Shame for Vettel though, I thought he had it in the bag. Great to see both Lotus' finish though.

Walt Disney

• Banned User

it was a good race on sunday, I recorded it and watched it when I woke up, I'm looking for a good formula 1 game, I have F1 on my nintendo 64 but that gets old after a while

• Tomorrow's Child

They've just announced the 2010 edition of the official video game (released in September) downside is that its only on PS3, Xbox360 and PC - I doubt my comp could take a game like that.

Although I've heard good reviews for F1 2009 on the Wii.

Walt Disney

• Banned User

whaaaa.... I have PS3, the F1 Championship Edition game that was released in 2007 is hard to find and if I see it online, it's really expensive so I'm really happy to know they're coming out with a 2010 edition

• Tomorrow's Child

Here's the official page for it - not a great deal there as its still in development:
    http://www.codemasters.co.uk/games/i...hp?gameid=3186

And more rumours of a US race..

Ecclestone hoping for New York GP
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says he is working on a deal to have a grand prix in New York by 2012. "I'm trying to do it for 2012," Ecclestone told Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "It would be in front of Manhattan, in New Jersey, with the skyscrapers in the background, 15 minutes from the heart of New York to the circuit, it would be marvellous."
    autosport.com - F1 News: Ecclestone hoping for New York GP

Walt Disney

• Banned User

Vettel is on the pole again, lets see if he can take advantage this weekend, I was suprised to see Hamilton starting 11th

Hopefully Sebatian's car will not break down like it did two weeks ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast