• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Tony Kornheiser "Interrupted" by ESPN For "Stormy" Fashion Criticism

Tony Kornheiser, co-host of ESPN's popular "Pardon The Interruption", has been suspended by ESPN, for two weeks, for critical comments he recently made about a co-worker, morning SportsCenter host Hannah Storm, specifically about her on-air wardrobe.

On his radio show last week, Kornheiser mocked Storm for her "horrifying, horrifying outfit" on ESPN's "Sportscenter." Kornheiser hosts "Pardon the Interruption" on the sports network.

His comments:
    "Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt ... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now...She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body ... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... but Hannah Storm ... come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."
    The whole article can be found at huffingtonpost.com

Again, the comments in question were not made on the PTI show, but on his Washington, DC based radio show that he does every day before PTI is aired. He apologized for the remarks on his radio show last Friday.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Re: Tony Kornheiser "Interrupted" by ESPN For "Stormy" Fashion Criticism

Here's where I first read it. Good thing I saw this when I got home and not while I was at Disney today for EO. I said some not so Disney friendly stuff about this that I won't repeat here but I think it's a rediculous suspension. For those of you that watch PTI all the time or know of Tony and his work knows that what he says he says most of the time in a joking manner. He even makes fun of himself at times. ESPN should know how he works. Also, he was speaking the truth in my opinion because her outfit was quite hideous from what i've seen
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• or CBF

Here's ESPN's statement (from ESPN.com):

ESPN has suspended "Pardon The Interruption" co-host Tony Kornheiser for two weeks following comments he made on his Washington-based radio show last week.

On his radio show, Kornheiser made critical comments about the wardrobe of morning "SportsCenter" co-anchor Hannah Storm.

ESPN executive vice president of content John Skipper released the following statement:

"Tony Kornheiser's comments about Hannah Storm were entirely inappropriate. Hurtful and personal comments such as these are not acceptable and have significant consequences. Tony has been suspended from PTI for two weeks. Hannah is a respected colleague who has been an integral part of the success of our morning SportsCenter."

Kornheiser apologized for the remarks on his radio show Friday.
    I find the suspension very ridiculous. A joke taken too seriously by ESPN.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

What is the parent company of ESPN?

Which media giant has taken the phrase "politically correct" to nearly ridiculous lengths in recent decades?

Of course I'm talking about the Walt Disney Company.

Most of us would consider "sexual harrassment" or offending co-workers to be a real stretch in this context. I am sure that Disney lawyers do not think the same way as most of the rest of us.

Yes, the suspension seems rather ridiculous. But Kornheiser, knowing who he works for, made some stupid and unnecessary comments and should have thought first before he spoke.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Pilot EdForceOne

his comments were no more then you'd find on any fashion show, entertainment mag, etc. You'd hear worse on 'what not to wear'.

To call them sexual, or harassment is weak.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Circle of Ancients

I agree with the suspension being ridiculous. What is 2 weeks going to do anyway? Nobody would have even cared or heard about it had ESPN not made it such a big deal.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    his comments were no more then you'd find on any fashion show, entertainment mag, etc. You'd hear worse on 'what not to wear'.
    But those people are expert cat-meowers.
    Korny should stick to what he knows. He can be as "provocative" as he wants on topics he knows about.
    Last edited by sediment; 03-02-2010 at 10:31 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I heard this news surprisingly on SportsCenter. I don't know why ESPN would want to publicize this. Maybe it's part of the punishment? I remember they announced, on-air that Steve Phillips was fired from the network.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.