Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Re: March Madness 2010

i think i'm gonna go for duke, i've always liked them, but i didn't have much faith in them this year, otherwise i would still be in the running to win my dad's pool
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'll be pulling for Butler tonight. Mostly, I hope it's a close game. For the most part these championship games have turned out to be blowouts in recent years, and this year's tournament deserves a nail-biting finish.

I think that Duke just has too much of everything, though, and will wear down Butler by about the 10:00 mark of the second half.

Butler's probably a four-seed in reality, but it sure would be fun to see a five-seed pull it off.

And I will hate to see the coming of the 96-team tournament. It's a money grab, plain and simple, and chances are you'd see pretty much the same 64-team field as you would have anyway.

From the competitive standpoint it's perfect as it is now...but it was 16 teams when I first started watching, so nothing is set in stone.

Loved the tribute to Dick Enberg on CBS the other night. I go back to the days when watching a UCLA on TV meant tape delays at 11pm on Channel 5, with John Wooden coaching, and Enberg mikeside (along with doing the Angels and Rams on radio). Great memories, and things have sure changed.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

What a game ... just wow. Butler had a chance to take it. That 1/2 court shot was so close to going in which would have been one of the greatest finishes in basketball history.

I wish I could congratulate Duke, but I can't.

• mountains beyond mtns.

That was one of the best championship games in recent memory, result notwithstanding!

Amazingly, Butler went through that 7 minute stretch with zero field goals and yet were still in the game. It was that close!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

They should have run the picket fence.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
    Did you also call out Anthony Hopkins for not being a cannibal in real life?
    This device kills fascists.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    What a game ... just wow. Butler had a chance to take it. That 1/2 court shot was so close to going in which would have been one of the greatest finishes in basketball history.
    Overall, regardless of the final game result, it was one of the better tournaments in recent memory.

In the final analysis, Duke had just a little too much size, a little too much length and experience. About two points too much.

I will congratulate Duke. I'm no Blue Devils fan, but I am a fan of a class act, and Coach K is certainly that.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Time to see if the "1 and done" schools can repeat their success after losing 5 players early.

Five early defections again put Kentucky in rebuilding mode - The Dagger - NCAAB Blog - Yahoo! Sports

•   
    • Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    They should have run the picket fence.
    Love it

Of course...being a Hoosier, I know the movie very well. I've been to most every gym/school where they shot the movie. I've had the chance to meet a couple of the "players" as well.

If Gordan would have hit that shot, I swear that he would be the Real Jimmy Chitwood. Love Hoosiers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123