Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

MiceChat's Official 2010 NFL Off-Season Thread

From Ben Roethlisberger, to the first-time ever prime-time, three-day draft, to the other always interesting antics that take place from know til the season opener in September...from mini-camps to two-a-days through meaningless exhibitions that ticket holders pay full price for, to that long-awaited season opener...this is your thread.

Hop in!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Re: MiceChat's Official 2010 NFL Off-Season Thread

Go Dolphins. Cant believe we have Brandon Marshall and cant wait until we play the Jets next year.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I loathe the Rams. I'm glad to see they'll probably take Bradford cause he'll sell more tickets, instead of the Suh kid from Nebraska who helps them more on defense.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Rock Star Minion

Who's having a draft party?
    It's all the rage!

(I'm not.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    It's all the rage!

(I'm not.)
    Anybody having a paint-drying watch party?

I know the draft is important, but I've never been a fan of watching it.

I'm sure there will be an NBA or NHL playoff or baseball game those nights that my remote will tune to.

Then I'll watch the wrap-up specials.

Guess I'm not "on the clock". Back to my war room...

• Minion

It's all the rage!

(I'm not.)
    I was. I love the draft...well just the first two rounds. But unfortunately it maybe 730 in the East but thats 430 here on the west and ill still be at work...bummer

Hope I was helpful!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d.N.d. View Post
    I was. I love the draft...well just the first two rounds. But unfortunately it maybe 730 in the East but thats 430 here on the west and ill still be at work...bummer
    But the first round generally takes at least three hours...Mel Kiper, Jr. told us on ESPN today that he doesn't take bathroom breaks when the draft is going on...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    But the first round generally takes at least three hours...Mel Kiper, Jr. told us on ESPN today that he doesn't take bathroom breaks when the draft is going on...
    unfortunately i get off at 730 westcost our three hours after the draft starts lol. I dont doubt it Mels intense when it comes to this. Although i like Todd McShay better and his analysis. Regardless i think Suh is the best pick this year.

Hope I was helpful!

• we jumped out a window

I loathe the Rams. I'm glad to see they'll probably take Bradford cause he'll sell more tickets, instead of the Suh kid from Nebraska who helps them more on defense.
    But a lot of scouts have McCoy from Oklahoma rated higher than Suh. In 07 and 08, our (as in Lambs) first round picks were defensive linemen. With so many glaring holes to fill, except for running back, using a #1 overall on a Dline-man, no matter how promising he may be, should not be the way to go.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I thought that Houston was out of its mind taking Mario Williams a few years ago. Looks like a pretty shrewd move, now.

• we jumped out a window

Even with Jimmy Clausen still on the board, the Broncos went for Tim Tebow. And one pick prior to that, Dallas went for Dez Bryant. I wonder if the character issues drew them to him?

• Rock Star Minion

I know the draft is important, but I've never been a fan of watching it.
    It's important, but it's not a must-see-live event. Not when there is hockey to watch (triple overtime, anyone?). A lot of shoot-from-the-hip analysis that will end up wrong in a few years. A lot of filler. A lot of interviews with guys who haven't even signed contracts and some of them are not comfortable in that spotlight yet. "How do you feel about getting drafted?" Really?

As for QB, you don't draft a QB unless you need a QB (and every team needs two decent ones), and that drafted QB has to project to be better than at least the backup. But if a team truly sucks, it's more likely that the linemen suck and one or both lines need shoring up right away.

This has been hyped by ESPN as something to watch, but mainly because they want you to watch the commercials they'll show and buy the products that are hawked.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

I'm happy with the pics my 49ers got. We needed O-Line more than anything and I guess that Alex Smith is truly our QB? I'm SHOCKED that Clausen is still there.

I wonder if "Focus on the Family" had any influence with Denver picking Tebow.

• Senior Minion

Maybe the Steelers will take McCoy and dump Ben... oh wait that's my fantasy.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

It's important, but it's not a must-see-live event. Not when there is hockey to watch (triple overtime, anyone?). A lot of shoot-from-the-hip analysis that will end up wrong in a few years. A lot of filler. A lot of interviews with guys who haven't even signed contracts and some of them are not comfortable in that spotlight yet. "How do you feel about getting drafted?" Really?

As for QB, you don't draft a QB unless you need a QB (and every team needs two decent ones), and that drafted QB has to project to be better than at least the backup. But if a team truly sucks, it's more likely that the linemen suck and one or both lines need shoring up right away.

This has been hyped by ESPN as something to watch, but mainly because they want you to watch the commercials they'll show and buy the products that are hawked.
    Having said and read all that...I was working the Dodgers raido broadcast at the time...so I DVR'd the first two hours of ESPN and watched it at about midnight last night.

And it was fairly entertaining. I think Jon Gruden adds some insight. Mel Kiper has to be taken in limited doses. The knowledge that he doesn't leave the set to go to the bathroom while the show is on did make me somewhat uncomfprtable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast