Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

2010 NBA Off-season

Now that the Off-season is upon us and the Draft is tomorrow it's time to start talking about next season.

This is probably going to be one of the busiest off-seasons in awhile with some BIG TIME free-agents and at least one of the NBA Finals teams losing some key players or coaches.

Biggest Questions:

Where is LeBron going?
    Who is the first pick?

And looking at both teams that were in the finals, some BIG questions.

For Lakers fans ... will Phil and Fisher be back? Honestly, if I had to choose one, I'd take D-Fish over Phil. I love that guy. It's safe to assume we will lose some of our lesser players (Morrison) but I'd love to keep Farmar and Mbenga.

For Celtics fans ... will Allen be back? Will Pierce Opt Out? Will Doc Rivers be back? Do they have enough to make another run at their age or was their last shot for awhile?

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: 2010 NBA Off-season

From the Yahoo Sports page articles I've been reading, it appears that Farmar will be leaving the Lakers. Shannon Brown will likley stay with the Lakers.

If Phil does retire, then Brain Shaw might be promoted or they could hire Byron Scott or Jeff Van Gundy if they want.

From the article:

If the Lakers lose Jackson, his job likely would be among the most coveted in sports. Bryant, Pau Gasol(notes), Andrew Bynum(notes), Lamar Odom(notes) and Ron Artest(notes) are locked into long-term contracts with the Lakers, who might have their pick from a list of candidates that could include Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw, former Lakers guard Byron Scott and veteran coach Jeff Van Gundy.

On an interesting note, its highly likley that the Lakers will sign Raja Bell.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Circle of Ancients

I'd love to have Byron Scott back!!!!

No surprising picks in the draft yet. Although Sacramento has to worry about another DeMarcus heading to Northern California. =)

See, look at that, NBA Draft and I still manage to get a dig at the Raiders in.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Got a question for all of you..

If Lebron decides to leave..where would he be a perfect fit? from what I know New York and Chicagio seem to be the front runners...which of these teams will he benefit from and benefit from him?
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, I'm not sure why anybody would want to go to New York. Ancient arena. Sucky owners and no supporting cast.

LeBron is better off staying in Cleveland with the players they have. Other than the fact that it's in "New York" there is no appeal.

I think the Nets have a MUCH brighter future than the Knicks right now. New owner with deep pockets. New arena (in 2012 I think), etc.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'd love to have Byron Scott back!!!!

No surprising picks in the draft yet. Although Sacramento has to worry about another DeMarcus heading to Northern California. =)

See, look at that, NBA Draft and I still manage to get a dig at the Raiders in.
    -Demarcus has quite the reputation already!

-Utah takes Gordon Hayward! What a surprise!

-I'm pleased with the Clipper pick of Aminu

Cosita, I feel Chicago and Cleveland are the front runners for Lebron right now. With the Bulls, there would be tremendous pressure to deliver a championship but he and Derrick Rose would make a very, very formidable duo.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I don't think LeBron is going anywhere. I think he will enjoy the "recruitment" or "courting" process, and will listen to different offers...but in the end, I say he stays.

If he leaves, it'll be Chicago...or to a team that can Wade, Bosh and him...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Senior Minion

The Las Vegas, er, Albuquerque, er, Sacramento Kings draft DeMarcus Cousins.

Which, if he can get past his anger issues, and his penchant for slacking off, may be a good move.

However, having just watched him speak to the press, could be a tough sell for the PR people. This young man is already mumbling at an all-pro level, and I defy anyone to make out more than 50% of anything he says.

Just you wait, 'Enry 'Iggins, just you wait!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The best quote I heard during the NBA Draft:

The Clippers drafted Steve Urkel.

• Future Indy Castmember

Phil Jackson (AKA The Zen Master) will return to coach the Lakers for the 2010-2011 NBA Season!

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Future Indy Castmember

Looks like Dwayne Wade will stay in Miami after all. Chris Bosh will sign with the Heat.

This is the 2nd major free agent news so far, with the first being Amare Stoudamire now joining the New York Knicks.

Now all eyes are on Lebron James who will be making his announcement tomorrow on where he will go.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

Bulls just signed Boozer, I wouldn't be shocked if Bron ended up in Chicago

• Circle of Ancients

State of LeBron: Live at 9, from his ego - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

I was a fan of LeBron ... but he's making Kobe look humble.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    State of LeBron: Live at 9, from his ego - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

I was a fan of LeBron ... but he's making Kobe look humble.
    Don't show this to Barry. He'll have to rethink his whole life!!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Don't show this to Barry. He'll have to rethink his whole life!!

Well, I have to be at a radio station by 6-15PM tomorrow night to do a job (get the Dodger pre-game on the air at 6-30). If I heard Tony Realli correctly today, he will have made the announcement by then....Announcement to come within the first ten minutes of the show, coming from a Boys and Girls Club in Connecticut.

To say that this whole thing has surpassed joke status...is an understatement. Please read my anger into that, because I want to go no further.

The lines between show biz and sports have been becoming increasingly blurred.

But the Disney factor at ESPN has overcome the journalism factor, so the "Worldwide Leader In Sports" has lost a great deal of credibility.

And the people at the other major sports reporting media had better not be thumping their chests either.

And yeah, I'll set the TIVO....unless it conflicts with something my wife wants to record. Gotta pick your battles, and I won't go to the mat for that.

I won't be watching ESPN tomorrow. I'll listen to ATH/PTI on Sirius/XM (2PM, ch. 121 Sirius for anyine interested). I'm sure they'll have a "countdown clock", and that would push me over the edge.

I know, sediment. "Where have I been" about all this. I know.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast