Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Baseball Hot Stove 2010-2011

Well, here we are already, not even a week after the World Series, and the silly season has started--the Giants have let Edgar Renteria (aka World Series MVP) go.

I'm sure the Steinbrenner Boys are preparing to write their names on an astronomically-sized check for Cliff Lee (and offer to shield his wife from thrown peanut shells)

And there will be some other surprising transactions this off season. Any hopes? Any predictions?

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Baeball Hot Stove 2010-2011

Should be a yawner. Dodgers look to go cheap. I finally agree with Plaschke on something: bringing Lopes back to the Dodgers as coach.

Jeter could be a free agent. Will he accept a hometown discount in order to retire a Yankee? How much of a discount will the Yankees offer? how long of a contract? He's already too old to be an effective shortstop, but he wants 5-6 years.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Mike Sciosia is developing a nice little managing tree. Pitching coach Bud Black takes the San Diego job; Bench coach Joe Maddon doing a great job in Tampa, and now congratulations to bench coach Ron Roenicke, the new manager of the Milwaukee Brewers.

Nice going, Ron. Congratulations.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Senior Minion

As much as I think the Steinbrenner's would like to let Jeter go, if he got his 3000th hit somewhere else, it would be bad PR, and I think they're locked into that one. Mariano Rivera is another tough decision.

What's also been interesting to me has been the talk about the Royals wanting to move Greinke--but his feeling that he can only go to a mid-market team. Who's got that kind of cash?

So, you Angels fans (and we all know who you are)--who does your team need to buy for next season?

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Expect the Royals' biggest offseason move to be the signing of Jeff Francoeur *cricket chirp*. KC fans are about to egg Dayton Moore's house, I swear. I hope Moore comes to his senses and realizes Francoueur is not a good fit in Kansas City.

Other than that, nothing much in RoyalsLand. Zack Greinke might get traded, but what else is new here. Trade your good players, acquire the mediocre.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Well, it's only a couple weeks into the offseason and the Royals are already making their fans dread the 2011 season. KC trades David DeJesus to the A's for Vin Mazarro and another pitcher.

Ironically this comes the same day Jeff Francouer becomes a free agent...
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Shablagoo!

Baseball Hall of Famer and Seattle Mariner Announcer Dave Niehaus passed away today. Legendary Mariners voice Niehaus passes | Mariners.com: News

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Baseball Hall of Famer and Seattle Mariner Announcer Dave Niehaus passed away today. Legendary Mariners voice Niehaus passes | Mariners.com: News
    Very sad news indeed.

I remember when he worked as a fill-in with the then-Angels main radio team of Dick Enberg and Don Drysdale in the early 70's.

Then, when the Mariners came into existence in 1977, when the station in Seattle owned by Gene Autry's Golden West Broadcasters got the radio rights, he became the voice of the Mariners.

May he "fly away" in peace.

A nicer man you will never meet.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Very sad. Sorry to hear that. I got to hear a couple of his games on MLB Network. He had a great voice and seemed like he had a great time doing what he did. Just another legendary voice we've lost.
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

When I was at the Hall of Fame in the summer of '08, I visited the broadcasters wing, and took this picture...quality not the best, but I think it serves the purpose here...

His home run call included "fly away".

Fly away, indeed, Dave Niehaus. You're with the angels again, for real this time.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Well, here we are already, not even a week after the World Series, and the silly season has started--the Giants have let Edgar Renteria (aka World Series MVP) go.

I'm sure the Steinbrenner Boys are preparing to write their names on an astronomically-sized check for Cliff Lee (and offer to shield his wife from thrown peanut shells)

And there will be some other surprising transactions this off season. Any hopes? Any predictions?

wow. the dodgers need an new owner really bad instead of macheap.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

A week after rejecting a contract extension from the Marlins, Florida trades Dan Uggla to Atlanta for Omar Infante and a pitcher.
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Congratulations to the Phillies Roy Halladay for winning the National League Cy Young award in unanimous fashion. Truly a no-brainer - he's been the best pitcher in baseball for several years running.

• Senior Minion

Bud Black just won manager of the year in the NL, and he sure had my vote. He did an unbelievable job with that team.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Bud Black just won manager of the year in the NL, and he sure had my vote. He did an unbelievable job with that team.
    Congrats to Bud. Hopefully the Pads can continue success with him leading. Ron Gardenhire wins AL Manager of the Year. Congrats to both
    Home away from Home.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast