Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Post Should The 'Raider Nation' Return To L.A. If We Get A New Stadium?

NFL DREAMING: What if the Raiders returned to L.A.? (L.A. Weekly)

Should The 'Raider Nation' Return To L.A. If We Get A New Stadium?

Should The 'Raider Nation' Return To L.A. If We Get A New Stadium? - Los Angeles News - The Informer

Still, some L.A. fans have never let go and consider the Raiders to be somewhat like a pal who's been incarcerated at Pelican Bay for a good three nickels. They're just waiting for him to get out so they can terrorize L.A. again.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Should The 'Raider Nation' Return To L.A. If We Get A New Stadium?

No.

• Rock Star Minion

Not sure how such a wonderful and free country can stop the Raider Nation. Go to any bar with DirecTV hookup on a Sunday during a Raider game in L.A., and there will be some obnoxious Raiders fans there. Way more than the number of obnoxious fans of other teams combined.

All teams should be on notice that we will NOT give away public dollars to a billionaire. That's how it's been since brefore the Raiders and Rams left, and that's how it still is.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

No way ... same goes to any team that has a "Nation".

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    same goes to any team that has a "Nation".
    Those of us who are faithful members of RSN have been deeply wounded by your egregious remark. Sniff!

I'm not certain the Raiders would be the ones to move if a new stadium is built. Given the current situation with the Vikings, they might try using that as an excuse to move as well. It may very well turn into a situation of the highest bidder gets the cheese.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I'll take any other team in LA except the Raiders.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The Los Angeles Vi - Kings ?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

AEG's grand plans for a football stadium lack one thing backing from the boss [LA Times]
    AEG reveals L.A. NFL stadium designs [ESPN]
    There's nothing groundbreaking in downtown L.A. stadium design proposals [LA Times]
    AEG Unveils Finalists for LA Stadium [Architects Newspaper]

Despite the talk about how this campus would cater to other sporting events, this is all about the NFL. From ESPN: "While AEG will not be able to officially announce which NFL team will be playing in their new stadium, all indications are the stadium will not be built without at least some assurance that an NFL team will be playing in it once it opens. Asked if a stadium would be built without an NFL team, Tanner said, "I don't think so."

Meanwhile, LA Times architecture critic Christopher Hawthorne isn't such a fan of the designs presented yesterday, writing that "safe, sleek, inoffensive corporate architecture was the order of the day at AEG's Wednesday news conference," while if there is a winner among these designs, Architect's Newspaper writes that while the "plans are still schematic, but at this point the most architecturally ambitious belongs to Gensler..."
    AEG Stadium Wrap: Anschutz Not Comfortable Yet, Gensler Wins First Round? - NFL Stadium - Curbed LA

• Rock Star Minion

Not sure why some snob has to put his 2 cents on the looks of the stadiums. Hard to functionality AND prettyness at the same time. And I don't want Harbor Freeway to be even slower due to gawkers.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

When I first heard "retractable" roof I wondered why, but it makes sense to use it for other events. Maybe even NBA Finals games/All-Star games?

I also wonder if USC could be convinced to move from the coliseum to the new stadium for even more revenue. It's not very far from campus.

I think this is where a lot of stadiums lose their credibility in that they are only used at most 20 days per year (8 regular season games, a couple of preseason games and if they are lucky a couple of playoff games). Most concerts these days are in arena's and very few acts have the ability or need to sell out a stadium.

With this kind of multi-use set-up they could easily have concerts inside using only part of the stadium. As it is, Staples Center is being used more than 250 nights per year with the Lakers, Clippers, Kings, X-Games, Grammy's and concerts.

• Rock Star Minion

We can go all out and have two pro teams, AND USC and UCLA play there! NCAA Final Fours, additional bowl game of some kind, ultra-large conventions, ....

• no flash photography...

no. I don't think LA needs a football team. We lost two...leave it at that.

I think the stink Vikings would be the team to move to LA if we get a new stadium. The City of Industry Vikings...

• Circle of Ancients

All signs really point to it being the Chargers. This would prevent the NFL from having to re-align divisions.

Of course, if it's the Vikings the Rams and Vikings could very easily just switch divisions I would think.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    no. I don't think LA needs a football team. We lost two...leave it at that.
    I agree, but I have my price. That's where I and an NFL owner will never agree: they want public money and I don't want them to have any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast