Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2011

Re: Baseball 2011

I haven't any interest in this one game but like the way of being stay fit and healthy one by the players.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

The trade deadline is today! A little under 6 hours to go til the actual deadline and we've had some big moves go down the past couple of days.

Some moves include Colby Rasmus going to the Jays. Hunter Pence to the Phillies. Ubaldo Jiminez headed to Cleveland. And a move that was just made that sends Micheal Bourn to the Braves.

Still some big names out there like Heath Bell, Jason Kubel and more! Interested to see what develops!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Ervin Santana threw a no-hitter today against the Cleveland Indians.

I have never actually seen a no-hitter. I did listen to the radio the day that Carlos Zamrano threw his no-hitter against the Astros, when the game was movied to Milwaukee. a few years back. Even on the radio, it was an exciting event.

Always a special moment. I am sure Angels' fans are walking around smiling this evening.
    I have seen one in person...it was Nolan Ryan's third as an Angel, on September 28, 1974 against the Minnesota Twins. He walked eight so there was no thought of a perfect game, but it was still thrilling nonetheless. It was Ryan's 22nd win that year, for a last place Angels team that won 68 total.

I have seen several on television, including Santana's last week.

Hey RDF...the logo for next year's All Star game looks cool!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Hey RDF...the logo for next year's All Star game looks cool!
    I think it looks cool too Barry. Some of the sports radio guys here are complaining that it looks like the Batman symbol with a crown on top. I have to keep in mind that these are the same people who are being negative scrooges about the all-star game being held here. I'm in the majority when I say I'm super excited for next year's Midsummer Classic!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Angels have reached a critical juncture for their season. They are three back in the loss column now, with seven games coming up against Texas in the next two weeks.

I hope that Jered Weaver's outing today was just an aberration, after missing a start from his suspension.

Their offense leaves little room for error. When the Angels have one of their big three starting, playing mistake-free baseball, they have a chance to win. Otherwise it is dicey.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Tough loss for the Angels today in Toronto. Alongh with the offense, they have serious holes in the bullpen. Why Mike Sciosia keeps trotting out Fernando Rodney im clutch situations is beyond me. And Walden blows yet another save...his eighth blown save...put Downs in that role, and let Walden get a little older.

• Goofy

the dodgers are not going to make to the playsoffs because the owner thing going on. the angels are not doing good either.

as long as not the red socks or yanks go to the plays. then the game will be good.its just tiring of seeing yanks or red socks going up each other every other year.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Baseball really has a problem this year with a lack of dramatic pennant races.

The Angels are in one of the few close ones, dropping their opener in Texas last nght, now three games back...Santana and Weaver on three days rest.

Otherwise there's that scinitillating Dbacks -Giants race.

The AL East really doesnt count in this regard, since both teams are virtually guaranteed a playoff spot.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Am I all alone here now?

Tough loss for the Angels last night. Jered Weaver bounced around on three days of rest. But consider this...two weeks ago today, the Angels were four games out of first place. They lost five of their seven games with Texas, and today...they are three back.

And the schedule from here on out favors the Angels. It's not over, by a long shot.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Baseball really has a problem this year with a lack of dramatic pennant races.

The Angels are in one of the few close ones, dropping their opener in Texas last nght, now three games back...Santana and Weaver on three days rest.

Otherwise there's that scinitillating Dbacks -Giants race.

The AL East really doesnt count in this regard, since both teams are virtually guaranteed a playoff spot.
    You ain't kidding the wildcard race ain't looking that great either, at this point I'm convinced that this baseball post-season may actually be boring....
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Oh my gosh. It's been forever since I last posted on this thread. I just want to mention how beautiful the 9-11 ceremonies were across the country with both baseball and football. Saw some of the ceremonies on TV including the one at Arrowhead Stadium, here in KC. Wonderful work. Some of them really gave me goosebumps and a few tears.

Having said that, I think Bud Selig is a complete moron and a jerk for not allowing the Mets to where their first responders hats during Sunday's game. Now he's upset that this mess is in the public spotlight now. What a putz!
    Home away from Home.

• Shablagoo!

Just stopping by to say "Go TAMPA!"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Just stopping by to say Goodbye Ozzie.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Boston fans, assume the position:

Fight On! Beat the Irish!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^

OMG that was a crazy game last night for us in Tampa Bay. I wasn't there, but I have friends who were and my phone was going crazy all night as I watched on TV. When we started coming back I was screaming so much I scared the cats and amazed no one called the cops or something. I got maybe 4 or 5 hours sleep last night because I was up watching all the post-game interviews and celebrations. The Rays made history last night with the biggest comeback ever in September to win that wild card.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast