Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: Baseball 2011

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Baseball 2011

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Theo doesn't want any loser cooties of any former Cubs, however loveable those cooties are.

I like his interviewing style, though.
    Comments like these make me understand why some fans get irate at other fans.

I never take things personally however, since it is only a game after all.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Comments like these make me understand why some fans get irate at other fans.

I never take things personally however, since it is only a game after all.
    I'm more of a Theo fan, and he said the same thing, though with more maturity than I did.

Cubs fans should rejoice: Cubs will win a World Series before the end of 2014.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I'm more of a Theo fan, and he said the same thing, though with more maturity than I did.

Cubs fans should rejoice: Cubs will win a World Series before the end of 2014.
    I guess there are many people that admire the Cubs fans, because supposedly they are loyal to a fault. Then there are others who say the Cubs fans are nuts for supporting the team that has brought them nothing but heart ache for all these years.

Sure it will be great if it happens. Will I count on it, or get my hopes up? No, I guess I am a middle of the road fan. Someone that has had the heartbreak, but refuses to believe anymore. So the glory, if it ever happens, will not be as sweet for me. That's just the way it has to be.

As for your prediction, if MiceChat is still here in 2014, and we are both around: I will call you genius, and you can call me happy. At last!

• Rock Star Minion

Theo is the genius.

I prefer the L.A. method of fandom: Cool if the team wins; whatev's if it loses.

Oh, and if the owner is a chump, we'll run him out of town. (We'd prefer that the
    team didn't go with him or her, though.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I prefer to wait and see, and not put the cart before the horse, or then there's the matter of counting chickens before they're hatched.

Many before have been hired to bring a new regime to the Cubs. Many before have failed, and failed miserably. We got close, and then the stupidity of the players on the field allowed their minds to go so soft that they forgot how to play ball.

Like I said, I guess I am not a die-hard fan like those who came before me. My brother often accused me of not really being a Cubs fan in the first place, since I always rooted for the White Sox as well. "That's unheard of", he would say. "You can't root for two baseball teams." I can if they both represent my city. I'd never follow his Cardinals, the football ones to St. Louis, and Arizona the way he did. Now that's a little crazy, or perhaps he was the die-hard football fan, and White Sox fan, and I am just the casual fan. I used to wear my heart on my sleeve, until my heart was stomped on. I know for a fact that many in my town feel the same exact way.

My husband won't watch the Cubs since they broke his heart in 1969. It's a complicated business being a Cubs fan. Much more complicated than being a Yankees fan, or a Boston fan.

I wonder how many Dodgers fans have followed their team out to Los Angeles? Or perhaps they are all dead now.

• Rock Star Minion

None of the prior folks have Theo's mind. Boston people said the same thing about him not being "a baseball guy," and there they are, happier with two WS titles.

Dodger fans from Brooklyn? Well, there is Vin Scully.

(Do note that Robert Moses drove O'Malley out of Brooklyn.)

• Circle of Ancients

Is it wrong that I'm far more excited about 2012 than I ever was about 2011. Well, as long as the Dodgers new owners are in-place by then.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I must admit that I watched very few Cubs games last year. The team was so miserable, just as I expected it to be.

Now with all the changes, especially at the top, I figure I'll tune in more often this season coming up than I did last season.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Is it wrong that I'm far more excited about 2012 than I ever was about 2011. Well, as long as the Dodgers new owners are in-place by then.
    I am eagerly anticipating the season-ticket sales for the day after McCourt sells the Dodgers. I'm not buying, but I want to see just how far the fans kick him when he is "down." (In quotes, because he still made out like a bandit.)

• Shablagoo!

Greg Halman, a Seattle Mariners outfielder has died. I got a real kick out of having this Dutch player on the team. He had a lot of talent and I was looking forward to seeing his progress over the next few years.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I hear the Angels made some news recently.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314