Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

NBA Playoffs 2011

Today is the 1st day of the NBA Playoffs and already some leads are made. Here are the matchups for the first round along with my predictions.

Eastern Conference

Chicago Bulls (1) vs Indiana Pacers (8) Prediction: Bulls in 5

Miami Heat (2) vs Philidelphia 76ers (7) Prediction: Miami in 5

Boston Celtics (3) vs New York Knicks (6) Prediction: Boston in 5

Orlando Magic (4) vs Atlanta Hawks (5) Prediciton: Orlando in 6

Western Conference

San Antonio Spurs (1) vs Memphis Grizzlies (8) Prediciton: San Antonio in 6

Los Angeles Lakers (2) vs New Orleans Hornets (7) Prediction: Lakers in 5

Dallas Mavericks (3) vs Portland Trailblazers (6) Prediction: Dallas in 7

Oklahoma City Thunder (4) vs Denver Nuggets (5) Prediction: OKC in 5

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: NBA Playoffs 2011

I'm happy. The Bulls won today.

• Future Indy Castmember

1st round is done! And a big suprise has happened!

The Memphis Grizzlies (8th seed) eliminate the San Antonio Spurs 4-6, becoming the 4th 8th seeded team to eliminate the 1st seed.

The 2 time defending champion Los Angeles Lakers eliminate the New Orleans Hornets last night, putting them in the 2nd round.

Dallas eliminates Portland after 6 physical games and will face the Lakers in the 2nd round.

OKC had no trouble taking out the Nuggets in 5.

In the East, the New York Knicks were swept by the Celtics.

Miami takes out the 76ers in the 1st round.

Chicago takes out Indiana in 5.

And the Hawks get their revenge taking out Orlando in 6. The Magic last post-season swept the Hawks.

2nd Round Match-Ups:

Western Conference:

(2) Los Angeles Lakers vs (3) Dallas Mavericks

(4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs (8) Memphis Grizzlies

Eastern Conference:

(1) Chicago Bulls vs (5) Atlanta Hawks

(2) Miami Heat (3) Boston Celtics

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• World of Color

I'm loving that the lakers are losing and that the bulls are finally starting to pull it together. I want Miami to crash and burn as well.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bryn4thewin View Post
    I'm loving that the lakers are losing and that the bulls are finally starting to pull it together. I want Miami to crash and burn as well.
    Well, Charles Barkley has pronounced the Lakers dead, and they certainly looked it especially in the second half tonight. The first time in 34 years that they have lost the first two home games of a best-of-seven series. Wow.

I hadn't seen much of J-J Berea, but he sliced and diced the Lakers so-called defense, and when the Mavericks went to their small lineup, the Lakers big advantage in the paint was more than taken away.

Having said that, it's only 2-0, so with all respect to Sir Charles, it's a little early to pull the sheet over the body.

On the other hand, Miami unfortunately is starting to look like a juggernaut...a relatively young, supremely talented and very athletic juggernaut.

And congrats to the Clippers Blake Griffin - the NBA rookie of the year.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm going to be 100% honest ... and this is coming from a life-long Lakers fan.

I'm actually fine with the Lakers losing (won't go as far to say I'm enjoying it)

Why? Kobe. I've NEVER been a fan of Kobe Bryant. Even before the "rape" and his recent insensitivity. Something about him always rubbed me the wrong way and I was quite upset when we got rid of Shaq and kept Kobe.

To see him totally self-destruct is a great thing to see.

Some may accuse me of not being a Lakers fan, that's your opinion. But Kobe does not = Lakers.

• World of Color

yeah i want the bulls to win but miami is peaking at the right time. The bulls swept them during the regular season but somehow i see that going very differently in the playoffs if they continue to play the way that they are right now. I love Jordan and all six teams he took to win rings, but I would love to see D-Rose lead us to a championship so people stop talking about how the bulls have sucked without jordan. Most people don't even realize that they bulls have the third most NBA championships ever with 6. Thats 10 shy of the Lakers and 11 shy of the Celtics. Spurs round off the top four with four titles.

• I can't stand you.

D. Rose is the future I see him taking this completely "new" Bulls to some championships. Im not a fan of the Lakers and tired of the hype. They are good but no where near where they used to be. The Celtics are starting to look the same but who knows. Personally I'd love to see either The Bulls or Celtics take the championship.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm honestly fine with any of the remaining teams winning ... except Miami.

I think it'd be hilarious if say Atlanta and Memphis made the Finals.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'm going to be 100% honest ... and this is coming from a life-long Lakers fan.

I'm actually fine with the Lakers losing (won't go as far to say I'm enjoying it)

Why? Kobe. I've NEVER been a fan of Kobe Bryant. Even before the "rape" and his recent insensitivity. Something about him always rubbed me the wrong way and I was quite upset when we got rid of Shaq and kept Kobe.

To see him totally self-destruct is a great thing to see.

Some may accuse me of not being a Lakers fan, that's your opinion. But Kobe does not = Lakers.
    I used to be a big Lakers fan. Okay, I'm still big.

Anyway, I agree with a lot of what you say. Kobe's Lakers were never as embraceable, if you will, or as much fun for me to root for, as Magic's teams - or in my case back to the West-Baylor era.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 05-05-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Even in the 90's when the Lakers weren't very good, they were still fun to root for. Eddie Jones remains one of my favorite Lakers ever.

And the hits keep coming:

LAKERS: Ron Artest Suspended for Game 3 Against Dallas

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Good for the NBA. Anything less would have been a joke. It was a horrendous cheap shot, and totally uncalled for. Just when I forget why I really don't like Ron Artest, he always does something to remind me.

Now if I can just figure out a way to enter Andrew Bynum's circle of trust.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Six days ago, the Lakers seemed primed for another run at least to the Western Conference finals, with Dallas appearing to be possibly a five-game speed bump.

Six days later, the Laker season is over...in a hail of inexplicably uncontested three-point jumpers, brilliant Dirk Nowitzki shots and passes, and a variety of cheap shots showing a real lack of class.

What a way for Phil to all but assuredly go out...a 36-point loss in game four...congratulations to the Mavericks. Sorry, Dr. Jerry Buss, you've put together too classy of an organization to be embarrassed by especially the antics of Ron Artest and Andrew Bynum. That Bynum play was one of the cheapest shots I've ever seen in sports.

I applaud a true Laker great, Magic Johnson, for all of his comments on ABC and ESPN the past two days. All of them.

I grew up a Lakers fan starting in 1967. I haven't considered myself a Lakers fan for some time, and this is a reminder as to why. Not that they lost, but the lack of class they showed in losing.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 05-08-2011 at 04:24 PM.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Bynum's cheap shot looks all the worse when you consider that it came just minutes after Odom's flagrant 2.

I know Phil usually trusts his players to play through trying situations but some of his players completely abandoned the principles he's worked so hard to instill in them.

• Circle of Ancients

I was absolutely embarrassed to call myself a Laker fan yesterday. Not so much for the way they played (although that was embarrassing) but for the way they lost.

As Barry said, the Buss family has built way too classy an organization to have to put up with a loss like that. Then again, the past decade, they have put their franchise in the hands of Kobe Bryant, so maybe we should have seen this coming?

Even in the 90's when the Lakers were not among the elite teams they still had players that continued the great tradition of the Lakers. I don't see that now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast