Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The MiceChat Official 2011 National Football League Season Thread

At the time of this original posting, it's just over two weeks before the official season opener, and the lockout is a distant, bitter memory.

Now it's time for you to let us know your thoughts about the season ahead.

As we go along, feel free to discuss things in brief, in detail, or just drop by to say...Go Bengals! (We dare you j/k lol).

Which team is your favorite?

Do you think the Cheeseheads will repeat?

Above all have fun here, discussing what has long since become America's favorite spectator sport.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The MiceChat Official 2011 National Football League Season Thread

Well, I'll start off with "Go 49ers!!!".

My team, well, they didn't do much in the offseason, they had the chance to land a proven QB in Donovan McNabb or Kyle Orton, an unproven QB in Kevin Kolb or Vince Young ... but instead they stuck with Alex Smith.

They did add Braylon Edwards so hopefully that will help.

Despite the fact I don't care for Alex Smith, I actually think he'll have his best year yet and I do expect my 49ers to win the NFC West. Not like that's saying much.

Of course, they could be trying to be the worst team so they can draft Andrew Luck next year, and I'm totally ok with that.

As for the rest of the NFL ...

I'm not convinced that Kevin Kolb is a starting NFL QB, his numbers aren't any better than any lower tiered QB's. I'm also not convinced that Michael Vick can repeat his performance of last year.

Based on what I've seen in the preseason the Patriots look like the team to beat once again. They got embarrassed by their arch-rival Jets in the playoffs last year, so I anticipate them being out for blood (or a ring). They made some interesting offseason moves, but The Hoodie knows what he's doing.

You can't count out the Packers, who despite a LOT of injuries won the Super Bowl last year. They will certainly be in the mix.

My "dark horse" team this year ... Tampa Bay. They are a VERY young team, and still a few years away from "elite" status, but they are going to make some waves this year in what is a VERY tough division.

• My prices are INSANE!

Are you enjoying the new rule changes?

The touchdown reviews and the new kickoff at the 35 yard line?

I'm not. blah...
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Circle of Ancients

^ Terrible rule.

Two things:

A) Is anybody surprised that there was violence at a game over the weekend and Raider fans were involved?
    B) Is anybody surprised that the Raiders pick up Terelle Pryor?

I'm not surprised about either one, Pryor is right where he belongs.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

It pains me to say it, but look for St. Louis to be much improved, even though they have a tough schedule.
    And I can see the Lions making the playoffs. This year, even.
    And I think that the new rule is just a step to Goodell's endgame, which is elimination of kickoffs altogether to just place the ball on the 20 for the "receiving" team. Bad all the way around.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Goofy

lets go raiders, raiders all the way man.

• Just good enough

Clinks,
    I am not as optimistic as you thinking the 49ers (GO NINERS!!!) will win the NFC West. I feel that is for St. Louis to lose with Sam Bradford improving on his breakout rookie season. The Niners will be lucky to be in second behind Seattle and will have to win easy games like against Arizona and that abhorrent loss against the Panthers last season.

As far as the rest of the NFL is concerned, I think teams that will be able to breakout will be the Texans. I think they have everything going for them at this point and with Wade Phillips on as the D-Coordinator they will finally be able to get over the hump and make the playoffs.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Terrible rule.

Two things:

A) Is anybody surprised that there was violence at a game over the weekend and Raider fans were involved?
    B) Is anybody surprised that the Raiders pick up Terelle Pryor?

I'm not surprised about either one, Pryor is right where he belongs.

Not surprised about either one!

Also, Go Lambs!

Well for me, I have a household of different favorite teams. I personally do not like the steelers at all but some of my roommates do. I am rooting for the Cardinals this year and hope they can make it all the way. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Packers do it again either. However, I would like to see the Cardinals do it as there is a rumor going around that this will be Larry Fitzgerald's last session. So we will see what happens.

But oh yeah, GO CARDINALS!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Ever since the "Lambs" left town, the San Diego Chargers have been my favorite team. They have one of the best quarterbacks in Phillip Rivers, but they'll never win it all I'm afraid with their current head coach.

The New Orleans Saints came out to Oxnard to train this week since they are in Oakland on Sunday. Gave them a break from the heat. The facility is about a mile from my house, so I made it out to watch the other day.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Peter King of Sports Illustrated picks Atlanta to beat San Diego in the Super Bowl. Ohhhkayyy....

The Philadelphia Eagles will rue the day they signed that deal with Michael Vick. And that observation has nothing to do with my personal feelings. He has played a complete season...once...once...in his career.

The Rams are a trendy pick to win the NFC West. We'll see. They'll certainly be better, but they also have a pretty tough schedule.

Hope the football widows and widowers are enjoying this, their last Sunday of peace until late January/early February.

Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    Clinks,
    I am not as optimistic as you thinking the 49ers (GO NINERS!!!) will win the NFC West. I feel that is for St. Louis to lose with Sam Bradford improving on his breakout rookie season. The Niners will be lucky to be in second behind Seattle and will have to win easy games like against Arizona and that abhorrent loss against the Panthers last season.
    I'm a San Franciscan born and raised and a real 49er fan but sadly this year, and with all the problems for many years with QB, the motto may really be - "Suck for Luck". SF is about even with the Raiders, Carolina, Jacksonville, and Buffalo and only Cincinnati may be a worse team than this bunch. Go Stanford.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Peter King of Sports Illustrated picks Atlanta to beat San Diego in the Super Bowl. Ohhhkayyy....
    He picked the Super Bowl last year.

• Circle of Ancients

Looks like Peyton Manning is out this Sunday.

Not only bad news for the Colts, but for the NFL as well.

NFL Videos: Manning down!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

One thing's for sure. Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter combined and squared don't equal Peyton Manning. Colts, say hello to 5-11...

And the lockout didn't hurt the offenses involved in last night's opener. The Packers needed a goal line stand on the last play to beat New Orleans 42-34.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast