Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question The NFL Offseason Thread (NFL Schedule released)

Where do you think Peyton Manning will end up? As a life long Dolphins fan and sufferer I hope and pray Mr. Stevey Ross doesn't screw this up like the whole Jeff Fisher debacle. I have a good feeling he will end up in Miami. What are your thoughts ?

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Peyton Manning

It would make a good story if he goes to a rival team, and then comes back to whoop the Colts.

If he gets healthy, big if, he will make any team a contender. People forget the Joe Montana played for Kansas City after he left San Francisco, so it can happen to any quarterback.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Miami plays the Colts in Indy I think in week 12. That would be quite the game. He's visiting Denver today and I believe Arizona in the next couple of days. He said he'll have a decision by the start of free agency on Tuesday. We shall see

• Quality not quantity

The sports pundits here in DC are saying the Redskins are going to go all out to get Manning.

Personally, I think they are smoking crack. I'd say we have a better chance of getting a Disney park on the National Mall.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Yeah, I just heard on the radio that the Redskins GM talked with Manning's agent last night or something to that nature. I don't see Peyton and old Shanny getting along too well. Seems like they would clash.

Its down to 3 teams. DEN, AZ, MIA. Wash was told they had a better shot at landing a trade for RG3 than landing Payton. I believe AZ is the team to beat with Miami a very close 2nd. He has announced that he will chose by Tuesday the latest. Just because he's close to Fitzgerald and coach Whisenhunt and the fact the cards coach is a veteran coach, is why the cards get him. Miami having a new coach hurts there odds. Denver has no receivers and bad weather. No chance

Name:  peyton-manning-miami-dolphins.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  26.8 KB

^^ This is what I want to see come August. Make it happen Steve, JLO, AROD and whoever else owns the team.

• Circle of Ancients

First off, I'm not a Colts fan, but it's always sad when a great player like that can't start and end his career with the same team. I remember what it felt like when Joe Montana left my 49ers. But then again, we had Steve Young, so it wasn't THAT bad.

I hope for Colts fans Andrew Luck turns out to be great.

As for where Peyton goes, I agree that right now, Miami makes the most sense. Plus Manning v Brady twice a year sounds pretty awesome!!!

I don't get all the talk about AZ and especially Seattle. Peyton wants to go to a team that can win now, Seattle is more than a few years away IMO.

One team that not a lot of people are talking about are my 49ers. I know that a lot of experts put them on the "question mark" list due to them still wanting Alex Smith, but you gotta believe they are at least making a phone call.

I honestly think that it'd be a great fit for Peyton. They were one step away from the Super Bowl. They have an AMAZING defense, improving offense with only a couple of weak spots (receiver). Throw in Peyton and get Reggie Wayne to come with him, you'd better believe they are the favorites in the NFC.

Heck, I'm going to say that even with Alex Smith and a good receiver they are going to be the favorites in the NFC anyway. But you throw in Peyton and even the doubters would have to give us some due.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    First off, I'm not a Colts fan, but it's always sad when a great player like that can't start and end his career with the same team. I remember what it felt like when Joe Montana left my 49ers. But then again, we had Steve Young, so it wasn't THAT bad.

I hope for Colts fans Andrew Luck turns out to be great.

As for where Peyton goes, I agree that right now, Miami makes the most sense. Plus Manning v Brady twice a year sounds pretty awesome!!!

I don't get all the talk about AZ and especially Seattle. Peyton wants to go to a team that can win now, Seattle is more than a few years away IMO.

One team that not a lot of people are talking about are my 49ers. I know that a lot of experts put them on the "question mark" list due to them still wanting Alex Smith, but you gotta believe they are at least making a phone call.

I honestly think that it'd be a great fit for Peyton. They were one step away from the Super Bowl. They have an AMAZING defense, improving offense with only a couple of weak spots (receiver). Throw in Peyton and get Reggie Wayne to come with him, you'd better believe they are the favorites in the NFC.

Heck, I'm going to say that even with Alex Smith and a good receiver they are going to be the favorites in the NFC anyway. But you throw in Peyton and even the doubters would have to give us some due.
    That would be an instant super bowl win for the Niners. Probably 3 straight super bowl wins. Let's be honest, if it wasn't for Kyle Williams they would probably be super bowl champs with Alex Smith and less than stellar corp of wide receivers.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Exactly.

While Alex Smith did prove a LOT to me last year, and I'm totally fine with him being the QB, if you have a chance to get Peyton Manning, even if it's only for 3-4 years you do it.

That said, with just some minor adjustments (receivers) I feel they will be right back in the mix of things next year. Even though they aren't going to surprise anybody like they did last year.

Since I live in Kansas City, I would love it if Manning came here. We might actually have a good chance of winning the Super Bowl next year, but who knows.

Looks like we just traded away Marshall for a ham sandwich so this leads me to believe the Fins are going to go hard on an offer to PM. I heard he did not care for Marshall and that was one of the major barriers to him coming to Miami. This trade makes no freaking sense any other way.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Ahem ...

San Francisco 49ers worked out Peyton Manning this week, sources say - ESPN

• Minion

This had made all the sense in the world the whole time. If Manning wants another championship, he'll end up on the Niners.

If I told you, before last season, that the Niners would be in the NFC Championship Game and that the following season would have Peyton Manning and Randy Moss on their team, what would you have said?

• Circle of Ancients

^ That you were on something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast