Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Re: The Official 2012 Major League Baseball Thread

I am still around, but for the most part there is little to report from Seattle. We did get a no-Hitter against the DOdgers the other night, as most of your probably heard. Then we proceeded to get our butts kicked.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Usually at this point of the season, I'm more than ready for football season, but the Royals are actually sticking in this thing. Mostly because the AL Central stinks, but just 5.5 games back. They lose in a dud against the Cardinals tonight...
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

So Dodger fans, what's new with the blue these days???
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Cubs played terrible again yesterday and lost to the St. Louis Cardinals by a score of 12 to 1.

Cubs fans have other things on their minds today as Ron Santo is posthumously elected into Baseball's Hall of Fame in Cooperstown New York.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Not many baseball fans around here any more.

The Angels continue to show their mediocrity with a come from ahead loss to Detroit, meantime the Dodgers and Red Sox pull off an unbelievable nine player trade.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

As a Red Sox and a Giants fan... this trade interests me on both my teams....Time will tell.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    As a Red Sox and a Giants fan... this trade interests me on both my teams....Time will tell.
    That is a very unique combination, I must say. If they were to ever meet in the World Series (talk about fantasyland) who would you root for?

• Circle of Ancients

So what did everybody think of last night's games?

Yankees/Orioles - I love how everybody is suddenly back on the Yankees bandwagon. They had 2 good hits. If you watch the rest of the game the Yankees could do absolutely NOTHING against the Orioles pitching. Hopefully the O's can put together a full game today.

A's/Tigers - Wow. Being out here on the Left Coast we've seen the A's totally defy odds this season and even though I like the Angels it's been very impressive to see. They are going to have a tough time with Verlander tonight but since the game is in Oakland and not Detroit they certainly have a chance.

Cardinals/Nationals - Don't even know what to say about what they will be calling the "Borras Curse" in Washington for the next 80 years. I'm not going to go as far to say the Nationals would have won if Strasburg was pitching but I think we'd be looking at a much different series. Just sad for the other guys on the team to work their A$$ off all season and have an agent and GM have so much control over a particular player.

Giants/Reds - I thought the Giants were done for. Wished the Giants were done for. Hope they are done for today. A home team has to win at least one game this series right?

As a baseball fan I make it a priority to watch the World Series every year. But I'm going to say it now ... if it's Giants/Yankees in the WS I won't be watching.

One last thing ... I work from home and I absolutely love it. But there is no better time to be working from home each year than during the baseball divisional series and the NCAA Tourney. So nice to have my TV positioned so I can see it from my office.

•   
    • Minion

WooooHoooo Go Giants!!!!!! perfect kickoff to my weekend going to DL tomorrow and HHN.

• Circle of Ancients

I'll just ignore that Giants game from earlier and go straight to ...

WOW!!! What an absolutely amazing final at-bat from Jason Werth. 13 pitches, a whole bunch of foul balls and that gives you the walk-off HR. Game 5 tomorrow.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

What's up at Yankee Stadium? Scads of empty seats for a 5th and deciding game of the ALDS. I heard an unofficial report that there were ten thousand seats available five hours before game time. Unheard of.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    What's up at Yankee Stadium? Scads of empty seats for a 5th and deciding game of the ALDS. I heard an unofficial report that there were ten thousand seats available five hours before game time. Unheard of.
    That wouldn't happen at Wrigley Field, or Sox Park.

• Circle of Ancients

Yankee Fans are getting as sick of their team as everybody else is.

•   
    • Minion

Go Giants!!!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Any chance the Tigers might have had in this World Series may have gone up in smoke with the bonehead decision to send Prince Fielder all the way home in the second inning with no outs yesterday. Of course, with the way Posey blocks the plate (not exactly the Mike Sciosia method) Fielder would have scored anyway with a decent slide.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast