Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Disneyland's #1 Fan

Re: The 2013 Major League Baseball Thread

Im ready for MLB. The Giants look promising still and I believe they could win the division if they keep busy and healthy all. I am liking how brandon Belt is doing this spring although Spring is pointless to some. I see spring as an opportunity to see whats possible not as a pointless event. Im hoping the Giants have a good start of April which will carry them to October. I really can't wait to see my Giants play Baltimore in August

As for the WBC, I just don't think Americans think its important at all (typical). Look at Italy, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic. They're all into the classic big time. I think its cool that people are finally getting to represent their country in the sport of baseball. Its only the third one in existence so there is no telling the future of this event. I think Americans don't like it because the almighty sport of football reigns supreme and don't even consider the time to understand baseball. The WBC isn't a bad event at all. Sure it has some kinks it has to get rid of and some other things, but it does one thing good for me... Gives me more baseball to watch. As I always say, "More Baseball The better"
    Contact Me On Visions Fantastic (Another Disney Site)

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/foru.../gurugriff100/

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I read an article yesterday that the Angels hired a new PA announcer and I was thinking "what the hell". It's been the same guy since I was a kid!

Turns out that David Courtney died at the young age of 56. That kinda broke my heart knowing he's gone.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I read an article yesterday that the Angels hired a new PA announcer and I was thinking "what the hell". It's been the same guy since I was a kid!

Turns out that David Courtney died at the young age of 56. That kinda broke my heart knowing he's gone.
    I was a colleague of his for a time at Metro Traffic in LA, where he reported on several radio stations. He was also the PA voice of the Kings, Clippers and I believe UCLA basketball. He died the week after Thanksgiving. They put up his picture on the Big A message board adjacent to the 57.

Angel games certainly won't sound the same without him.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disneyland's #1 Fan

Well, Spring Training ends in about a couple of days and then exhibition games at home parks begin.
    Leaving Spring Training, how do you feel about your teams?

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Every year I say I'm going to go to Spring Training, and every year, I don't go.
    Fight On! Beat the Cougars!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Pete, plan on it next year...I got great seats for you.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Gurugriff100 View Post
    Well, Spring Training ends in about a couple of days and then exhibition games at home parks begin.
    Leaving Spring Training, how do you feel about your teams?
    As an Angels fan here's my take:

Love the line up, top to bottom the best in baseball. Power, speed, contact and Scioscia's fundamentals make for a dominating bunch.

Defense looks very solid. Not a fan of Pujols' leather at first, but with Aybar at short and a speedy OF with good leather..that will help the pitchers immensely.

Bullpen looks improved, Madson being hurt a bit doesn't scare me. I really like Frieri.

Starters scare the hell of me outside of Weaver. CJ Wilson is good but wears down, Vargas is adaquate. Hanson has been horrific, I was hoping he'd be like two years ago. Blanton is Blanton and that's not a compliment.

All in all I'm very excited about this season. Last year they loaded up on starters and it didn't take them to the playoffs. I'm concerned about depth now with Vernon Wells and Kendrys Morales being traded away, makes us vulnerable to injuries. However, any time a team is mention as a world series possibility, the Angels have to at least be mentioned....and that makes me happy.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

Well I'm a casual Miami Marlins fan so I'll be happy if we make the playoffs this year. I follow quite a few sports to really get involved in Baseball. My main sports are college football and basketball with the Florida Gators and the Miami Dolphins in the NFL. I'm also a fan of the #2 Miller Light Ford NASCAR team owned by Roger Penske. Our current driver is Brad Keselowski.

I do say I'm very proud to say the Marlins have two World Series trophies in our only two post season appearances. I'm also proud to say we won our last title by beating the Yankees in NYC which is almost unheard of.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The Marlins so confuse me, I'm sure it's frustrating for the hardcore fan. They spend millions of dollars in free agency one year, then pull the rug out and sell off all those guys. They do have two rings in a short existance but it's just a schizophenic way of doing business.

• Roller coaster enthusiast

The first time it happened, Wayne Huizinga was the owner and he wanted to sell at top dollar so he got all the top talent the team could afford knowing they'd have to sell off that talent in the long run. He got his World Series and sold the team for top dollar. The next year, they held a fire sale for all that talent. I'm not shure why they did it a second time though,

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

For maybe the only time ever, I say thank you Yankees for taking Vernon Wells and 13 mill of his salary off the Angels hands. The starting pitching wasnt great in 2002 either.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

I'm really excited for this season. At the very least the Dodgers and Angels should be fun to watch. I don't expect Pujols to get off on such a slump as he did last year. I still think he's got a few great years in him.

On the Dodgers side, their lineup isn't anywhere as potent as the Angels but their pitching makes up for it. They are a pretty solid team, they should be for the amount of $$ they spent.

Looking forward to getting out to the renovated stadium this year and maybe even catching a few Angels games. But with our Disney passes expiring our visits to OC will be few and far between.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Looking forward to getting out to the renovated stadium this year and maybe even catching a few Angels games. But with our Disney passes expiring our visits to OC will be few and far between.
    DL passports becoming a little too rich for even your blood?

• Disneyland's #1 Fan

Even since October 28th when Sergio Romo struck out Miguel Cabrera, I have been counting down the days until Opening Day. My friends. The time has almost come.

30 teams... one goal

• Disneyland's #1 Fan

We got actual baseball tonight people. One game today.

Texas Rangers vs The New AL Edition Houston Astros

Tonights starting pitchers will be Matt Harrison For The Rangers and Bud Norris For The Astros

ITS GO TIME!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast