• Circle of Ancients

2013 NFL Season - It's never too early to start talking Football (Free Agents/Draft)

Welcome to the NFL 2013 thread. I'll be updating the title as we move along this offseason and into the season.

What have been some of your biggest surprises this off season? Joe Flacco's humongous contract (is he worth it)? Alex Smith to the Chiefs (will he make this underrated team better)? The trades? The retirements?

It seems to me, this year more than any in recent memory, that teams aren't expecting much out of the draft this year. I still think there could be some hidden gems, but not necessarily at the top of the draft. Poor KC.

And today, Tony Romo get's an extension. Honestly, I don't get all the praise for this guy. He's got 1 playoff win. I see this as good news for people like me who hate the Cowboys. Means they won't be a factor for at least another 6 years.

Name:  480530_10200097184324840_1126358797_n.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  103.0 KB

Re: 2013 NFL Season - It's never too early to start talking Football (Free Agents/Dra

I feel my Fins are the biggest winners in FA. They procured all the players I wanted and them some! I am looking forward to the draft. Hoping we can steal a LT at #12 or snag a DE to place opposite Cameron Wake.

Re: 2013 NFL Season - It's never too early to start talking Football (Free Agents/Dra

It's funny how the Dolphins had arguably the worst receiving corp in the entire NFL and now IMO we have the best in the AFC east. I love cap space.

• Circle of Ancients

Anybody see any of the first round of the draft last night? Any surprises? I liked all of the Linemen going at the top of the draft. Looks like a lot of GM's are taking the lead from my 49ers who drafted pretty much their entire offensive line in the first round in the mid-late 00's. And look where they are now.

And as I type this Geno Smith goes to the Jets and Man'Ti Teo goes to the Chargers. And my 49ers drafted somebody with the nickname of "Tank".