Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112132035 ... LastLast

• Wonderful World

Re: The Official 2007 College Football Thread

Michigan lost again
    I'm back MiceChat

• Pathetically Obsessed

I'm an Oregon alum, so I'm happy for my Ducks as they beat Michigan in Ann Arbor today (and yikes! What's happened to Michigan lately??)

However, living in Huskyville here, I'm sure the other locals are ecstatic about the win today over Boise State. The Dogs could use some love and I'm happy for Tyrone Willingham to have some success. He's a good guy.

But mostly, I'm happy for my Huskers. They were able to grind out a win on the road today against a very scrappy Wake Forest team. Next up: USC!!

"Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Yeah...the Ducks really opened a can on Michigan. I don't think I've ever seen so many stunned faces at an NCAA game before. To start the season at #5 and to have two HUGE losses in a row....ouch.

Bummer.

GO USC!!

(Although the Trojans will have to keep an eye out for Cal, Washington, and now the Ducks. The Pac 10 is smoking this year!)

• Banned User

I refer to the Men of Troy as "Southern California" as not to disassociate them with the other USC, the University of South Carolina.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat View Post

So much for the best recruits, and the best team, etc etc etc.

Oregon 39- Michigan 7 3:29 in the 4th.

I'm confused!!!!!! What happened?
    1) The Pac Ten, top to bottom, is better than most of those East Coast guys give it credit for.

2) Michigan apparently never got over the losses to Ohio State and USC to end last season. At least, Chad Henne and Lloyd Carr never did. THEY NOW HAVE THE DARNDEST FOUR-GAME LOSING STREAK IN A LONG TIME.

3) With Michigan starting in the number five, it shows how overated they were, and how silly the pre-season rankings were.

4) Oregon is a better football team than Appalachian State, with all due respect. But I expected Michigan to come up with a big effort today after last week. I didn't see this game, but apparently they were hardly ever even it it!

Go Bruins! up 20-17 on BYU in the 4th.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

And next week, Michigan hosts Notre Dame.

By the rules, this game will not end in a tie, there must be a winner.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    I refer to the Men of Troy as "Southern California" as not to disassociate them with the other USC, the University of South Carolina.
    But they do not like to be called "Southern Cal". It was even in last year's media guide that they were not to be referred to that way. When I did weekend sports at a major LA station, I had a big boss who is as dedicated a USC alum that there is. On one broadcast, I read some copy straight off the AP wire that said "Southern Cal" beat so and so...Let's just say there was a call at my desk right afterward, and he wasn't calling to say "nice report".
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Some thoughts from this week's action:

- Wow. I don't want to be a Michigan fan tonight. Yikes!

- Remember those three teams from non BCS leagues that got some hype for being in the Top 25? Both TCU and Boise State lost today and Hawaii barely escaped in overtime.

- Speaking of Boise State, Congrats to The Huskies today. Great win!

- Another week and two more FBS teams knocked off by FCS teams. Northern Iowa beats Iowa State and Southern Illionios nips Nothern Illinois (of the MAC) in the final seconds.

- I was very impressed by South Carolina tonight. They were clearly the better team and my pick to win the SEC East.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Banned User

Fraud Five (After Week Two)
    • Northern Illinois - It doesn't take a brain surgeon to have a team that went to a bowl game, and lose to Southern Illinois, an FCS school.
    • (Tie) Michigan and Notre Dame - Fail to the Victors. At least you play each other next week.
    • Iowa State - Another FCS school, Northern Iowa?
    • Phillies Bullpen - You don't blow a 8-2 lead and lose in Atlanta to a team that won't be going to the postseason, much like you.
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 09-08-2007 at 09:01 PM.

UCLA beats BYU 27-17. But Ben Olson is crap. He threw for 126 yards, or something. At least they're 2-0.

• Colorful

Fraud Five (After Week Two)
    • Phillies Bullpen - You don't blow a 8-2 lead and lose in Atlanta to a team that won't be going to the postseason, much like you.
    Neener Neener Neener! LOL

• Colorful

Big win for South Florida in OT over auburn last night. Good for them!

• For old time sake

Unless you are in the South, this is not a problem. If you say USC anywhere other than SC, NC, Georgia, Alabama....it is associated with the University of So Cal. At least that has been my experience, but I am no expert. Of course South Carolina thinks they are the ONLY USC worthy of being referred to as such. they think, that their little university is the best anyway.....how DARE there be another USC in this world?

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    1) The Pac Ten, top to bottom, is better than most of those East Coast guys give it credit for.

4) Oregon is a better football team than Appalachian State, with all due respect. But I expected Michigan to come up with a big effort today after last week. I didn't see this game, but apparently they were hardly ever even it it!
    Barry, I will agree with #1. Many people think the SEC is invincible and that there are no other conferences that could possibly compare. It gets old (at least out here).

on point #4 we will have to respectfully agree to disagree. While many people say that these first couple games tend to be easier on the "better teams". I have ALWAYS been of the opinion that just because you are a "great team" and have all the best of everything doesn't mean a thing when it comes to playing on the field, being on your game, etc. I fully believe that ANY team can beat even "the best of the best"......all they have to do is hone in on their opponents weaknesses. No team is safe. they just have to be "on" and ready to face the team they are playing, study film, and again, hone in on the weaknesses of their opponent.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Mexihick, y'all

Saw the SDSU game up in Seattle. Knew they would lose, but didn't know the kind of "fans" that WSU has. They are *ahem* different.

Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    Saw the SDSU game up in Seattle. Knew they would lose, but didn't know the kind of "fans" that WSU has. They are *ahem* different.
    If you ever spent anytime living in the Palouse area (Pullman / Moscow ID) you would understand why that are that way. Date night involves cows or other livestock and don't drink the water.

Go Huskies - We're coming back - Rose Bowl Bound - 2008.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112132035 ... LastLast