Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: The Official 2007 College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy38 View Post
    Crazyness!! First off I was in tears last night watching U of A win a game against at nationally ranked team at home again. That sucks!!! Next up Dixon will never be the same which is terrible for him and his draft stock etc. As soon as he started to turn scouts heads that he could play in the NLF snap, crackle and pop. Now all ASU needs is... Michigan to beat Ohio St, Kansas to lose, Missouri to lose, Oklahoma to lose and LSU to lose. Then we win out and play West Virginia for the title. Sweet. Fat chance but sweet! Serious note the Ducks had a great season and it stinks that it will end this way the Holiday Bowl could be a reach now pending what happens with USC and ASU and then the Civil War.
    ASU should move ahead of Oregon now, so that will put the Sun Devils at No. 7. Ohio State and West Virginia are barely ahead of ASU and could be passed if ASU wins out based on strength of schedule, though they both could easily lose this week as well. Two of the three Big 12 teams will lose, no way around that, all three could lose, but at least two will. ASU will move ahead of them, assuming they continue to win. That leaves ASU to need LSU to lose or all three Big 12 teams to lose and ASU is heading to New Orleans for the National Championship game.

It's a bit of a stretch, but not impossible. This season, anything is possible.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    There are still four at-large bids if no non-BCS team is invited (Notre Dame forfeited theirs after losing to Southern California) so if Arizona State beats the Men of Troy next Thursday night, and you stay in the BCS Top 12, thanks to your beating the Trojans and ASU, you still have an outside shot.
    Oregon will not drop out of the top 12 with this loss. If they can regroup and beat UCLA and Oregon State, they should be in the BCS along with the winner of USC-Arizona State. If Oregon loses again and ASU beats USC, the Pac-10 will get just one BCS invite (ASU to the Rose Bowl) and that will cost every school in the conference more than a million bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy38 View Post
    Now all ASU needs is... Michigan to beat Ohio St, Kansas to lose, Missouri to lose, Oklahoma to lose and LSU to lose. Then we win out and play West Virginia for the title. Sweet. Fat chance but sweet! Serious note the Ducks had a great season and it stinks that it will end this way the Holiday Bowl could be a reach now pending what happens with USC and ASU and then the Civil War.
    There is almost no chance that Kansas, Mizzou AND Oklahoma will lose. More likely: West Virginia loses at Cincinnati (or at home to U.Conn.), LSU falls to Arkansas or the SEC East champ (preferably Tennessee), Ohio State loses at Michigan, and Arizona State plays the winner of the Big 12 for the national championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    But I must take issue with you chiding the Arizona fans for storming the field.

Their team had just beaten the second-ranked team in the nation.

As I recall, you said you wanted to be among those on the field after your team beat USC ... what were they ranked at the time? And again the Ducks were favored in that game.
    Touche!
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    "There is almost no chance that Kansas, Mizzou AND Oklahoma will lose."
    Alas, that could still happen. The odds are against that, but the again, who's getting odds for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    "More likely: West Virginia loses at Cincinnati (or at home to U.Conn.), LSU falls to Arkansas or the SEC East champ (preferably Tennessee), Ohio State loses at Michigan, and Arizona State plays the winner of the Big 12 for the national championship."
    Don't count out Georgia...and you could see an Atlanta "blackout" if the Dawgs win the SEC East. And then again, as I stated earlier, you never know.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

so, if Dennis Dixon tore his ACL against ASU, why was he even allowed to play last night? I don't care if he and his parents both wanted him to play, as a coach and as sports medicine staff, you need to bench a player whose knee is barely holding together.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I can't wait for tomorrow's nationally televised game of the year tomorrow.

Yep, tomorrow on NBC -it could be a thriller...

1-9 Duke against 1-9 Notre Dame...quite possibly the worst matchup ever to be shown on American network television.

With all do respect to DisneyKat and any other Duke followers, I gotta pull for the Irish tomorrow.

Simply because I don't want the record books to have my UCLA Bruins to be the only team to lose to the not-so-Fightin' Irish this season.

In case you were wondering, neither team in this matchup is bowl eligible...unless you're talking about the toilet bowl.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    so, if Dennis Dixon tore his ACL against ASU, why was he even allowed to play last night? I don't care if he and his parents both wanted him to play, as a coach and as sports medicine staff, you need to bench a player whose knee is barely holding together.
    I just read about this, and I have to say that I have lost a lot of respect for Coach Belotti because of it. The quote I read from him said that Dixon requested that the staff keep the injury quiet for his and his family's sake, so Belotti did. That's awful. You don't send a kid with that serious of an injury out to play college ball. Of course Dixon would want to, he's that dedicated and committed to his team, but Belotti should have stopped it. He's the adult and should know better. I'm really shocked about this and honestly, I don't know what to think.

Blech. This just keeps getting worse.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    1-9 Duke against 1-9 Notre Dame.
    Ya know, call me crazy, but this could actually be a fun game to watch. Yeah, they both suck the big one, but they're on the same level athletically and those are always the best games. Could be good!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Ya know, call me crazy, but this could actually be a fun game to watch. Yeah, they both suck the big one, but they're on the same level athletically and those are always the best games. Could be good!
    On behalf of Universal/NBC, thank you, Jazzman...and may there be a few more like you to tune in tomorrow...

How long until we hear an NBC announcer tomorrow say.."well, you can certainly throw the records out the window when these two teams get together"...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Not just an NBC announcer, but any announcer.

You Oregon Sucks fans are horrible. You always need an excuse for everything. "We would have won if Dixon wasn't hurt" blah blah blah! Was Dixon playing defense and playing on special teams? No, he wasn't, we kicked your *****..plain and simple! Now quit your whining, especially you, jazzman!

• Banned User

"Ya know, call me crazy..."
    Someone had to say it...

YOU'RE CRAZY!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

MOD NOTE: Attacking members is against MiceChat rules. You have the right to attack posts, but not the posters.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by catshadroastedduck View Post
    You Oregon Sucks fans are horrible. You always need an excuse for everything. "We would have won if Dixon wasn't hurt" blah blah blah! Was Dixon playing defense and playing on special teams? No, he wasn't, we kicked your *****..plain and simple! Now quit your whining, especially you, jazzman!
    Hi Troll! How are you today? Been a while. Terrorize any Billy Goats lately? And how is life under the bridge?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by catshadroastedduck View Post
    "You Oregon ***** fans are horrible. You always need an excuse for everything."

"Hi Troll! How are you today? Been a while. Terrorize any Billy Goats lately? And how is life under the bridge?"
    What did the mod say about personal attacks?

• Banned User

FRAUD FIVE

(NOTE: I will not include Oregon this week due to their star player's injury.)
    • Oklahoma: Never all right to head down to Lubbock and put on your worst performance against a team like Texas Tech in the same week Oregon loses to Arizona.
    • Michigan: A real nice parting gift for Lloyd Carr. A loss at home to Ohio State. And only scoring three points. Have a nice trip to Orlando for the Capital One Bowl!
    • Alabama: I mean, come on. Louisiana-Monroe. At home? Mike Shula called, Nick Saban. And he's laughing at you.
    • Iowa: Same as above, replace "Louisiana-Monroe" with "Western Michigan", and "Mike Shula"/"Nick Saban" with "Hayden Fry"/"Kurt Ferentz".
    • Yale: You haven't looked this bad losing to Harvard since losing 29-29 in 1968.
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 11-18-2007 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Updated to include Oklahoma's loss.

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast