Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

Re: The Official 2007 College Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    You are my new best friend!

We share some of the same allegiance. I was imprisoned(lived) in Nebraska for 3 years so I am very familiar with "Go Big Red". Been to a few home games there and that stadium is very intimidating to visitors with that sea of red. The blackshirts should be better this year and Idaho is not a good primer to go up against to determine your strength. I think Nebraska is underrated this year and if they do not win, they will definitely put up a good fight.

I see you are located near my school, the beloved UW. We are still rebuilding, but nothing pleases a UW grad more than beating any CA or OR school, especially at home. I will be wearing my purple and gold all season.

As for OU, I route for them when they are not playing UW, as my brother is a an alum and still lives in Eugene.

Always UW first, Nebraska second and OU third. Should be another great season of college football, is it Sept 1, yet?

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Has anyone set up the College Football Pick 'em group yet?
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

I set up a free one...and Mr. Lightyear has one he set up that you can win money in. PM him.

Meanwhile the number of the Yahoo College Football Pick 'Em group I set up is 2802
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Made my picks in BD's group. Picked a few upsets. Sorry BD, I took OSU over your Bulldogs. Just seemed ripe for an upset.

• Golden State of Mind

HOOK'EM HORNS!!!

usc sucks
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Pathetically Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    We share some of the same allegiance. I was imprisoned(lived) in Nebraska for 3 years so I am very familiar with "Go Big Red". Been to a few home games there and that stadium is very intimidating to visitors with that sea of red. The blackshirts should be better this year and Idaho is not a good primer to go up against to determine your strength. I think Nebraska is underrated this year and if they do not win, they will definitely put up a good fight.

I see you are located near my school, the beloved UW. We are still rebuilding, but nothing pleases a UW grad more than beating any CA or OR school, especially at home. I will be wearing my purple and gold all season.

As for OU, I route for them when they are not playing UW, as my brother is a an alum and still lives in Eugene.

Always UW first, Nebraska second and OU third. Should be another great season of college football, is it Sept 1, yet?
    GBR! My claim to fame is that my father took me to two home games during the 1971 national championship year. So I saw, Johnny 'The Rocket' Rodgers, David Humm, Jeff Kinney, and Rich Glover in action with beloved coach Bob Devanney prowling the sidelines. I can still remember vividly my first visit to the stadium, walking out from the corridor out into our seating area. The sea of red, the field, and that incredible marching band playing 'Hail Varsity'. It's an incredible tradition.

The Ducks play in Autzen Stadium, which I now hear is a place for visiting teams to dread. Well, not so back in the mid 80s. But I'm glad to hear of their more recent success. Coach Mike Belotti has done a wonderful job there in Eugene and more power to him!

As for the Huskies, well, let's just say I root for them if they aren't playing Oregon. But when the Ducks come to town, all bets are off!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• Colorful

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lightyear999 View Post
    Made my picks in BD's group. Picked a few upsets. Sorry BD, I took OSU over your Bulldogs. Just seemed ripe for an upset.
    Hey that's okay. I am sort of worried about that game to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    HOOK'EM HORNS!!!

usc sucks
    Please tell me you have a legitimate reason for rooting for Texas. Otherwise, you'll be at bandwagon status. Boston and Texas?

• Colorful

This will be a bittersweet season for Georgia fans. Longtime legendary voice of the Dawgs, Larry Munson is getting up there in years and suffered a fall over the summer. His health is beginning to deteriorate. Munson is going to attempt to call the games at home and the game at Georgia Tech. There will be another announcer for the other road games. Larry's been at it for over 40 years.

Whether or not you have heard of Munson I wanted to share this piece that another fan put together. It'll give you a feel for what Munson means to me and other members of the Bulldog nation. It still doesn't do Larry justice but It's pretty darn good.

http://larrymunson.com/audio/30%20ye...1973-2003).m3u

• Minion

Hmm... the east doesn't seem to be represented too well, so how about...

GO PENN STATE!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggameJ View Post
    Please tell me you have a legitimate reason for rooting for Texas. Otherwise, you'll be at bandwagon status. Boston and Texas?
    No response, MG?

And btw, go UCLA!
    Last edited by BiggameJ; 08-28-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Because Longhorns go `moo'...so yay Texas.

• Mexihick, y'all

Go Aztecs!

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

So I put in my week 1 picks on the Yahoo Pick'em for our group...It's a pretty easy Week 1, except for a couple games...
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper View Post
    This will be a bittersweet season for Georgia fans. Longtime legendary voice of the Dawgs, Larry Munson is getting up there in years and suffered a fall over the summer. His health is beginning to deteriorate. Munson is going to attempt to call the games at home and the game at Georgia Tech. There will be another announcer for the other road games. Larry's been at it for over 40 years.

Whether or not you have heard of Munson I wanted to share this piece that another fan put together. It'll give you a feel for what Munson means to me and other members of the Bulldog nation. It still doesn't do Larry justice but It's pretty darn good.

http://larrymunson.com/audio/30%20ye...1973-2003).m3u
    Thanks for the link, Brian. I've never had the chance to hear him but I know full well how a guy that's been with the team so many years becomes more popular than any player could be. If it's possible I'll try to catch him this season.

By the way, does college football have a paid "package" to hear radio calls on the computer, like the MLB and NFL? Or can I hear games for free on the flagship station's website?

When I was as Cal State Fullerton, they still had a football team. Every year they'd agree to go to some place like Clemson or Georgia, and hand them a "cupcake" in exchange for a check to cover all the expenses of the entire athletic program for the year.

I always thought this was really sad for the players who inevitably had to endure the 84-0 beatings. What do you think?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast