Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Semi-Official 2007 NFL Season Thread Part I

49er fan here! my boys and dad are going to the 9ers/Raiders preseason game in 2 weeks.(my oldest is a Raiders fan, BOO!) It will be the first NFL game for both my boys

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

And considering how Da Rrrraaiders are sucking...he'll get grief for being a Raiders fan.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    My goodness, those Stillers still running on "Cawhah Pawhah" as Myron Cope used to say, even with a new coach. Yoi!
    and double Yoi!

Steelers look strange without Bill Cowher on the sidelines.

I guess having only two coaches over the last almost 40 years will have that effect.

-- Barry

PS...Congrats to your boys about their first NFL game, dsnymom.

Here in SoCal we can talk about the Bay Area teams all we want, but north of San Diego close to an entire generation of kids now has grown up without the chance of seeing a game in person...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Wonderful World

I'm rootin for former USC great Matt Leinhart and the cursed Cardinals. Maybe they will be actually good for a year. They have the talent. Also I think its a shame that LA does not have a football team. I would imagine it would be pretty big there.
    I'm back MiceChat

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows View Post
    Also I think its a shame that LA does not have a football team. I would imagine it would be pretty big there.
    Considering that we had the NFL here for nearly 50 years, and had two franchises here for many of those years, I think that's a fairly safe bet.

I seem to be in the minority about wanting the league to return here. I miss having a team I could truly care about, as I used to with the Rams. Most people I know here are just as happy to get that extra game on TV each weekend.

And I'm proud to see that the taxpayers here won't stand for being mugged liked in so many other cities just so they could say they have a team.

As for now, USC is the pro football franchise in Los Angeles.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    and double Yoi!

Steelers look strange without Bill Cowher on the sidelines.

Here in SoCal we can talk about the Bay Area teams all we want, but north of San Diego close to an entire generation of kids now has grown up without the chance of seeing a game in person...
    It was really hard watching that game last night and not seeing Bill on the sidelines calling the shots...Being a Bengals fan (yes for my entire life...Clippers and Bengals fan...notice a pattern?), The Steelers are a team I pay attention to, and it really was like something was missing.

My Hubby grew up going to Raider games here in LA before the devil...err Davis moved them back up to Oakland. I can see them being a comedy of errors for the first few games at least.

Oh and YEAH for NFL ticket on Direct TV, we have had it for 5 years now and I don't know what I would do without it.

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

OK....I'm not panicking.

I know it's preseason and Ladanian Tomlinson wasn't playing tonight.

But the chargers looked extremely sucky tonight. Maybe they should have gone shopping for a defense in the off season? I know we have Merriman, but HOW many first downs did they give up in the opening drive? Hasselbeck could have taken a nap back there. And 8 penalites...gave up 5 sacks....

On the bright side, Sproles was awesome and nice toss by Volek in the first half.

I just hope the Charger denfense doesn't look like this when they meet the Patriots on Sept 16 or it could be very embarassing.

• Pathetically Obsessed

Long-suffering Seahawks fan here. Just a tease at the SuperBowl, but no championship. Rats!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    Long-suffering Seahawks fan here. Just a tease at the SuperBowl, but no championship. Rats!
    I know your pain. Waited 30 years to finally get there and then to lose was heart breaking. With a relatively weak NFC West this year I see a good shot at the playoffs and from there it is just staying healthly and gaining some momentum.

Go Seahawks.
    Last edited by Mr. Lightyear999; 08-13-2007 at 07:56 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Of course you like your team to look good all the time but you can't judge anything by pre season games. The Colts were terrible in the, um, exhibition season last year.

They tell me that there are people who actually place bets...on exhibition games. What could be sillier than that.

Guys and gals I've created a separate thread in "Lost Boys" looking for help in fantasy football. Please check that out if you can.

--Barry

• GO DBACKS!!

Go Broncos!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    Go Broncos!

I'm with ya on that one! Broncos fan here, even if I do live in Southern California! My dad played against John Elway in college baseball, and I've always respected him as a player, so I got into the Broncos. I can't wait to see what Bly and Champ do on D this season!

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggameJ View Post
    I'm with ya on that one! Broncos fan here, even if I do live in Southern California! My dad played against John Elway in college baseball, and I've always respected him as a player, so I got into the Broncos. I can't wait to see what Bly and Champ do on D this season!
    .......if they could just stop the bleeding, meaning all the injuries occurring in training camp. Looking forward to the game tomorrow night.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I love the NFL too...but pre-season games? Please. I guess they're good to tape so I can pop one in to help me sleep.

--Barry

• most magical vaca ever

NY GIANTS fan here-

bows head and thanks Hubby for being a BEARS fan
    ~~~~~~

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast