Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Semi-Official 2007 NFL Season Thread Part I

Here you go. Football season will soon be starting, if you can believe that.

Discuss the wherefores and whoknows of the 2007 NFL season. Training camps are now open.

• Banned User

Re: Semi-Official 2007 NFL Season Thread Part I

Um, uh, *crickets chirp* hello?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

And we start the 13th season without a pro football franchise in the greater Los Angeles area (unless you count USC).

Having grown up with the Rams, and having endured the Raiders while they were here, it still seems unbelievable. And what still seems more unbelievable is that I seem to be one of the few who care about it.

I still watch the games, but I don't have a real rooting interest, except that I like to see the Chargers win, and the Raiders (and Madame Ram's team in St. Louis) lose.

In the NFC, the Bears will be good again, and I look for San Francisco to be much improved again.

The New England Patriots have re-loaded, and it will be interesting to see what scars may be left for the Chargers after that bitter playoff loss, and the coaching changes that followed it.

And I hear that the Falcons have question marks at quarterback.

Enjoy your two-a-days.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    "And we start the 13th season without a pro football franchise in the greater Los Angeles area."
    Cheer up. If the Bolts don't get that new stadium, they could be heading to LA.

I'm looking forward to wearing my new Peyton Manning jersey I just got for my birthday!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Football already?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Football already?
    Training camps for all teams are now, or are about to be, open for all teams...I know, hard to believe...

I just signed up for "Sunday Ticket" on DirecTV for the first time...saved 20 bucks with the "early bird" special...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Golden State of Mind

STEELERS!!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

No football interest for me until after Labor Day. I have enough trouble keeping up with baseball.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I go with my boys every year. The New England Patriots. *trumpets sound* I love them not only because I grew up 6 miles from the stadium but because even though they have many star players, they always play as a team. Not to mention going to watch practice at the stadium, Tom Brady is gorgeous. It's a great day when you watch all the players get ready to snap the ball, in their stance, in spandex, looking at all the booties in front of you.

And now I live 2 hours away from that beautiful sight.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Yay! First pre-season game next Sunday night! Hooray! Oh wait it's on the NFL Network, oh crap!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Banned User

And on Comcast, you now have to pay to get NFL Network.

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    In the NFC, the Bears will be good again, and I look for San Francisco to be much improved again.
    Yes we have improved greatly this offseason. This may be our most anticipated season for a long time now. I got my training camp tickets already, and I'm mostly looking to check out our defense and our qb. I want to see Alex in the pocket more, rather than his famous "rollout to the right and throw a bullet" last season. We should also have more pass protection now, hoping that Staley will take Kwame's starting spot at RT. Those who have been watching the Niners all last season know about how BAD Kwame is at blocking. Not only that, but also the times we made big plays for big yardage only for the refs to call it back and say "Holding. Offense. Number 77."

I'm actually excited for our secondary this season. Biggest pickup this offseason, Nate Clements + returning pro-bowler Walt Harris + Michael Lewis = something for QB's to fear. Wait did I just say the Niners have a feared secondary? Weird . This also means Matt Leinart can't just bomb it downfield to Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin anymore for an easy catch, which proved to be a big problem last season whenever we played the Cards.

Niner fans are also looking to see more of Vernon this season. We missed him a lot last season due to injury. He's very quick for a TE, proving it with his 4.38 40-yard dash, yet he can still run the D over with his power. And of course let's not forget our biggest player last season: Gore. Because of Larry Allen and Jonas, we can still create gaps and run in up strong on the left side. I am confident that Gore will have another promising year, but the only thing that worries me is his knees. He has had surgery on them before in college and he hasn't had a problem with them last season. However, they can only take so much pounding and hold up for so long. Let's hope Frank "The Tank" will stay healthy. And of course, the faithful can't forget our most FAITHFUL player for the past 14 seasons, Bryant Young. He's been dedicated to this team all these years and hasn't disappointed. He's the heart and soul of the 49ers. This season, lets do it for him.

49er Faithful Unite. This is our season. Here's a little video to get you excited:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5pWMP6HdXc[/youtube]
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper View Post
    Yay! First pre-season game next Sunday night! Hooray! Oh wait it's on the NFL Network, oh crap!
    I'll be flipping channels once in a while from the more important "baseball" game...to the glorified Steelers-Saints scrimmage tonight in Canton...I like to tape NFL exhibiti- err, excuse me, "preseason" games. They are great for insomnia.

And ya gotta love DirecTV. I've got Sunday Ticket this year. Left cable seven years ago...best decision TV-wise I've ever made.

--Barry

• Banned User

My goodness, those Stillers still running on "Cawhah Pawhah" as Myron Cope used to say, even with a new coach. Yoi!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast