Fantasy Football Trade Feedback

I thought this could be the main thread for trade help for fantasy football.

I've got a question for you all. I am loaded at QB - I ended the draft with Drew Brees, Marc Bulger, Jay Cutler, and Tony Romo - and now I have the first three QBs left. I'm trying to trade one of them for a running back but I wasn't sure if the trade was fair, whether I am giving too much or too little. Who out of Brees, Bulger, or Cutler would you trade for a RB like Shaun Alexander? Should I go for a better RB? Or do you think that is even a smart trade at all? Any input is appreciated.

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: Fantasy Football Trade Feedback

So you didnt keep Romo (or he is just not on the trading block), as I would rate him way above the other three.

In relation to your actual trade question, lets see, of those three I woud rate them in the following order:

1. Bulger
    2. Cutler
    3. Brees

However Cutler and Bulger are probably close to a tie, and all three are worth about the same points on a weekly basis, so if you have a gut feeling for one over the other go with that. I usually use the talent around a QB as well and NO hasnt really impressed me yet.

Shaun Alexander is a top 5 RB, so unless I was really weak at QB and needed the help I doubt I would trade him for anything. But you may be able to get a little less rated RB like Frank Gore or Adrian Peterson who have some big projected numbers (and may end up having better season), but may not be considered the top back on someones team.

Good Luck...

A little piece of heaven

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    So you didnt keep Romo (or he is just not on the trading block), as I would rate him way above the other three.

In relation to your actual trade question, lets see, of those three I woud rate them in the following order:

1. Bulger
    2. Cutler
    3. Brees

However Cutler and Bulger are probably close to a tie, and all three are worth about the same points on a weekly basis, so if you have a gut feeling for one over the other go with that. I usually use the talent around a QB as well and NO hasnt really impressed me yet.

Shaun Alexander is a top 5 RB, so unless I was really weak at QB and needed the help I doubt I would trade him for anything. But you may be able to get a little less rated RB like Frank Gore or Adrian Peterson who have some big projected numbers (and may end up having better season), but may not be considered the top back on someones team.

Good Luck...
    Thanks for the feedback. That's the problem I was having basically - they're all pretty equal quarterbacks, so who would they want? And I don't have Tony Romo anymore because I traded him before the season started in a trade for Brian Westbrook.

I've been looking over everyone's rosters trying to see who needs a QB and I figured I should try trading Jay Cutler for either Travis Henry or Rudi Johnson (Rudi just because that person is so loaded at RB that they aren't starting him, so I have a shot). If I can't get either of those guys I think I might just settle and trade Cutler for Kevin Jones. He should start playing pretty soon.

I'm still hoping Brees will come around - maybe he'll start playing better once he's played a game at home. We'll see how it turns out.

I would keep Bulger. They just lose Orlando Pace pro bowl LT so the run game is suffering as Stephen Jackson who had 60 yards rushing on 20 carries against the niners. I offer Cutler for a second tier RB and see if you get a bite I think you would be getting a better deal Brees is young enough to keep for a while and Bulger will put up numbers this year. If you can get Rudi Johnson for Cutler take it and run he is very consistent and will put up around 1100 yards this year again. He may not have a game of 145 yards often but each week he will have 85 or so.