Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Weren't the Cubs in at least one World Series in that time?
    I stand corrected. Thanks Barry for keeping me on my toes. I forgot about the 1945 World Series where they lost. I guess I'm more depressed than I thought, or just more forgetful.

That's where the whole "goat" thing started. Why would anyone, buy a ticket for their goat, and want to take it into the ballpark? Never made sense to me.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I stand corrected. Thanks Barry for keeping me on my toes. I forgot about the 1945 World Series where they lost. I guess I'm more depressed than I thought, or just more forgetful.

That's where the whole "goat" thing started. Why would anyone, buy a ticket for their goat, and want to take it into the ballpark? Never made sense to me.
    Me neither.

I edited my above quote to show that according to my calculation the Cubs lost six Series between 1909 and 1945.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I didn't watch the end of the Cubs game on Saturday. I understand that there was a lot of booing. I guess I can't blame the fans. I personally would never boo a sporting event.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A day without sports means that I just get more done around the house, and my husband likes that.

I used to bowl on Tuesdays, and also on Wednesdays. My bowling got so bad that I decided to save the money for Disney trips instead. I always had about a 140 average, but I was a horrible spare shooter.

I was talking to another grandma at the bowling alley the other day, and she says that she pays $18 a week to bowl on Wednesday nights. I paid that for both my leagues. I know that it's not really that much, but bowling just wasn't any fun anymore. My grandson loves it, and he is in a league on Saturdays.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Not too much going on in my sports section this morning. They are still analyzing the debacle at the Chicago Marathon. Seems to me, a big city like Chicago could have read the weather report, and been better prepared.

I did read a juicy tidbit about Harry Caray's Restaurant selling rattlesnake vesuvio. 100 servings sold for 100 cents each.

The temperature has turned to 50 degrees here in Chicago. No baseball being played here anytime soon, as Chicago Baseball fans lick their wounds, and/or gloat, depending upon which side of town you root for.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I spent my day working on my Disneyland scrapbook from my last vacation in April. Now, I am watching the Colorado - Arizona game. Hey, I just noticed that both of these teams have States instead of cities in their names. Why did I not notice that before?

When I visited Wrigley Field on Saturday, there were some young lady Diamondback fans walking down Clark Street. They got a lot of attention with their "red shirts".
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There is an article in today's paper about the New York Yankees and Lou Piniella. Now just when the Chicago Cubs have hired someone that I really like, you think that the Yankees will try and coax him away from the Cubs?

Lou Piniella came to the Cubs with not a clue about the "curse mentality" of Chicago Cubs fans. That is a good thing. I like the fact that he wants to play the young kids.
    He gives the media their due, when they deserve it, for their annoying questions.

The photo in our paper was of a young Lou Piniella. I hardly recognized him.

I fell asleep watching the ballgame last night. I see that the Rockies won. How many games in a row is that now?
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I didn't realize that the Indians game was on this early. So far, Boston is way ahead.

Today, on WGN, Lou Piniella commented about the article in the newspaper. He said that the only way that he won't be managing the Cubs next year, is if he dies this winter. I guess he's a keeper.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

MiceChat is always so quiet on the weekends.

I was watching the ballgame, when my grandson came home with McDonalds. I think he said it was Chipolte wrap. Did I spell that right? He said it was spicy. Sean changed the channel, while he ate his food, and the Indians were ahead. After Sean went to bed, I turned the game back on, and now the game is tied. I'd be a nervous wreck if my team was playing. These games have been very competitive so far. Definitely not boring.

I don't know how Sean eats so late, and they goes to sleep. However, he's always been a late night eater.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sean didn't go to sleep after that late night meal. We wer both up late. I was watching the Indians finally score 7 runs to beat the Red Sox Sox 13 to 6. I was also checking out the Hall of Fame website. Check out the thread about forming your own All Star Team. I got to pick all Hall of Famers, because I was born in 1947. It was a hard choice with some of the position players. I had to choose 4 players who played on the 1969 Cubs, which I certainly do remember watching.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Devon Hestor runs 89 yards for a touchdown against the Minnesota Vikings. My grandson and I are sitting here having lunch and watching the Chicago Bears. Can't beat that on a Sunday afternoon.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well the first quarter is over in the Bears game, and the game is now tied 7 to 7. It didn't take long for the Bears to let the Vikings score a touchdown.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Chicago Bears will go nowhere this season. My husband keeps telling me just how bad a team they are. It's very hard for a team to be good 2 years in a row. It never seems to happen with Chicago teams that's for sure.

I was washing the dishes, and my grandson tells me the game might go into overtime. The next thing I know, the Bears have lost.

Now,I am watching the Rockies game. They seem to be a really good team. The more that I watch them, the more impressed I am.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Indians have won again.

The other game is at the end of the 4th inning, and the Rockies just scored 6 runs in that inning. Will they sweep. See if I can stay up and find out.
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

While I'm rooting for Cleveland, it's nice to see at least a fairly compelling series for a change in this post-season...heading to a game 6 at least.

When the Red Sox lost the other night to go down 3-1, as an Angels fan the first thing I flashed on was the pain of 1986, leading Boston 3-1...game 5 at home... was there that fateful day...and the Angels went back to Boston and lost the series in 7.

Whoever wins this series will have at least one edge on Colorado besides home field advantage...the 8-day layoff will be tough on the Rockies, at least in game one.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast