Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

I have been watching ESPN this morning. What's the bigger news story this morning? The Yankees, and Joe Torre, or the Boston Red Sox winning game 5? I told my husband last night not to count Boston out. I wish the Cubs had the same stuff they did.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have been watching ESPN this morning. What's the bigger news story this morning? The Yankees, and Joe Torre, or the Boston Red Sox winning game 5? I told my husband last night not to count Boston out. I wish the Cubs had the same stuff they did.
    I would say the Red Sox. But for the Eastern media any story involving the Yankees seems to dwarf anything else, it seems. Admittedly, is a pretty big story...but if it were up to me, it would follow up the playoff game story.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was listening to WGN yesterday when they announced the story. I wasn't surprised at what happened. Personally, I don't blame Torre for walking. The Yankees will be fine.

This Chicago fan wishes Dusty Baker good luck on his new job.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I was listening to WGN yesterday when they announced the story. I wasn't surprised at what happened. Personally, I don't blame Torre for walking. The Yankees will be fine.

This Chicago fan wishes Dusty Baker good luck on his new job.
    Torre could still wind up back with the the team if they improve their offer, although that seems unlikely.

There are reports that many of their big time free agents may leave this winter if Joe isn't back.

Back in the 80's, Torre was excellent as a color analyst on TV for the Angels. I am sure he would do a fine job for ESPN or any other media outlet.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It seems to me that baseball has become like a deck of cards. The players being the cards. Now that the season is over for everyone but 3 teams, it is time to shuffle the deck, and see who gets who.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Red Sox romped and stomped all over the Indians last night. I have yet to retrieve my morning paper, so I'm not exactly sure when the 7th game is being played. I am still rooting for the Indians, however, it appears that the Red Sox might now have the advantage. There's all kinds of chatter about how the Rockies are spending too much time waiting to find out who they are playing. When it comes right down to it...we will see who wants it the most.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's painful when you are rooting for one team, and they are getting beaten badly by the opposition. I give Boston their due. They obviously are the better team on this date in time. Cleveland will have to wait to return to the World Series. Boston has just scored again, and it looks like it's going to be another slaughter tonite.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Boston is drinking the bubbly tonite. I take that back. I don't think that they drink much of it. More is poured over the heads, than actually gets consumed by the ballplayers.

I can honestly say I am a little jealous. I want to know how that feels. I was happy when the Sox did it a few years ago, but if the Cubs ever do, this town will go crazier than the Boston fans are going now.

The Big Green Monster will see more baseball.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess the World Series might get more viewers now. Boston is probably a better draw than the Indians were.

The Chicago Bears are struggling, but they did manage to win that game yesterday. I had fun listening Dan Hampton and other Bears analyists talking about that game when it was over yesterday.

Needless to say they were drooling over the 97 yard march down the field.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Chicago Hockey fans will finally get their wish. At least those who have always wanted to watch the Blackhawks' home games on television. The news is that the team is talking with Comcast - our local cable company - for a deal that puts the Hawks on TV.
    My older son for one will be happy. I may actually watch from time to time, myself.

Muhammed Ali was in Chicago yesterday as the city is hosting a big boxing event. Our Mayor really wants the Olympics here, and this is a little sampling of what can be done.
    First, they better fix our CTA.

So there was sports on the front page of my paper today.

One more day before the World Series begins. My husband says that a Colorado/Boston Series won't be watched by anyone out west. I watch the games. If the game goes 7 games it will be November before they are finished. I'm not really sure who I am rooting for.

Enjoy your day, sports fans. - and the rest of you too, of course.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What's on the back of my sports page this morning? Baseball. Chicago Baseball? No, World Series Baseball between Colorado, and Boston. The game returns to Fenway tonite. My sports section has coverage, and predictions on the Fall Classic. They say the Sox will win. I'm pulling for the Rockies. Had Cleveland been the team, I'd be rooting for them. It makes it a little more interesting if you choose a side. I am looking forward to the games. We shall see if the Rockies are rusty, or not.

My paper boy doesn't come as early as he used to. I guess he likes to sleep in. Actually who has a paper boy anymore? My paper is delivered by car, and someone runs out of it, and throws the paper on the porch.

My stomach is grumbling, so I am off to decide what type of cereal I am going to add my banana to this morning.

Enjoy your day sports fan - and everyone else too, of course.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

One more day before the World Series begins. My husband says that a Colorado/Boston Series won't be watched by anyone out west. I watch the games. If the game goes 7 games it will be November before they are finished. I'm not really sure who I am rooting for.
    Well, we are obviously speaking in generalities here...but I must say that I watched parts of last night's game and I live about as far west as one can get (separated by two blocks and Highway 101 from the Pacific Ocean).

Still, the point is well taken...the only saving grace fom that standpoint is that there is a large contingent of transplanted "Sawx" fans out here, as can be witnessed anytime they are in Anaheim. Also, nationally the Sox are another of those teams that some watch to love, and others to hate.

On another note, the mayor of San Diego will make an announcement today as to whether he thinks it suitable for the San Diego Chargers to host Houston this weekend as scheduled. The Chargers have said they will go along with any decisions he makes.

I heard on the news this morning that most of the fire evacuees have now left Qualcomm Stadium, which was home to many thousands of people just 24 hours ago.

Still, with all that's happened, I'm not sure that it would be appropriate to play a football game in that town this weekend. Other options are to keep it in San Diego and move it to Monday night ... or play the game in Dallas or in Houston.

John Clayton said on ESPN last night that Phoenix and Los Angeles have been ruled out as alternate sites.

If it were up to me, the game would be postponed...since so many Charger players and other team employees themselves had to be evacuated from their homes.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We had a little excitement in our house tonite. I was sitting here posting on MiceChat, and the power went out. I'm not really sure why. It's not like we had a storm. It wasn't raining or windy. My husband lit a candle, and I ended up folding laundry in the dark. My computer went into hibernation mode.

It was an hour and a half later before we got the power back. I had to set clocks, vcr'sand figure out the cable. By the time, I caught up on all of this, the baseball game was already in the 3rd inning.

I sure hope that Colorado can keep pace with Boston.

I am off to do some scrapping, while I watch the rest of this game.

Have a great evening sports fans, and everyone else also.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well the Colorado Rockies are down to their last out in the 9th inning. They are behind by a score of 2 to 1. The Red Sox fans are going crazy. The count is 0 and 2. I couldn't stand it, if it was me batting. I guess there's something to be said for Home field advantage. The Boston Red Sox have just won their game. Now the series goes to Colorado.

Oh, say it ain't SWEEP!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Well the Colorado Rockies are down to their last out in the 9th inning. They are behind by a score of 2 to 1. The Red Sox fans are going crazy. The count is 0 and 2. I couldn't stand it, if it was me batting. I guess there's something to be said for Home field advantage. The Boston Red Sox have just won their game. Now the series goes to Colorado.

Oh, say it ain't SWEEP!
    So long as the American League keeps winning the All-Star game, the AL Champion will keep getting the home field...the Angels were the last team to get it under the old every-other-year format in 2002, and the current system went into place the following year.

And yes, it does make a difference.

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 891011121314213661 ... LastLast