Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415223762 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Howdy! California teams are playing horrible. I've given up on them. Looks like I'll have to find a team or two from another state to root for.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-26-2007 at 05:54 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's funny RW, but somehow I don't think of you when I think of sports. Then again, you are probably more well rounded than I thought.

Chicago is called the Second City. It's not fun being second. Second doesn't get you much. Boston's domination of the series, so far, has made me a little jealous of their success. However, it has made a pretty boring World Series so far.

I am watching ESPN right now, and Dusty Baker still looks like James Earl Jones in that hat.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It's funny RW, but somehow I don't think of you when I think of sports. Then again, you are probably more well rounded than I thought.

Chicago is called the Second City. It's not fun being second. Second doesn't get you much. Boston's domination of the series, so far, has made me a little jealous of their success. However, it has made a pretty boring World Series so far.

I am watching ESPN right now, and Dusty Baker still looks like James Earl Jones in that hat.
    Morning Barb. When it comes to sports, I'm really on the ball. That's cause I'm a competitive guy.

Perhaps the underdog Second City will surprise people and become a first rate contender.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We had a good run with our Bulls when Michael Jordan was playing basketball. Then of course the Bears did win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. They even managed to get to one last year. I was even happy when the Sox won the World Series. Now if our other teams could just get their acts together, I'd be a happy camper.

It's almost lunchtime for this sports fan.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This photo was on the front page of my Chicago SunTimes on Saturday. The Cubs are spending 1.5 million dollars to totally redo their field. The man in charge of this major undertaking, Roger Bossard says that 4 out of 6 teams that have gotten new fields with his help, have won the World Series. However, that's not the biggest story. What is happening to all that dirt that the Cubs are hauling away? It is going to two different dumps in DuPage county. Many fans are upset. Upset because that dirt being hauled away contains the ashes of their loved ones. Fans have secretly sprinkled ashes on the field, in the past. In fact, famous Chicagoan Steve Goodman's ashes were reportedly part of the mix.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-29-2007 at 08:31 AM.
    Pop Century Resort

• most magical vaca ever

HelloSportsfans

This Yankee fan is very happy today- Arod can go if he wants, I'm not a fan of those who think there is an "I" in TEAM

I am happy that the Yanks MGR position has gone to Girardi Now we just need him to say yes (don't think that'll be an issue)

I'm also loving my NY GIANTS these days too

Enjoy your day everyone
    ~~~~~~

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2 View Post
    HelloSportsfans

This Yankee fan is very happy today- Arod can go if he wants, I'm not a fan of those who think there is an "I" in TEAM

I am happy that the Yanks MGR position has gone to Girardi Now we just need him to say yes (don't think that'll be an issue)

I'm also loving my NY GIANTS these days too

Enjoy your day everyone
    I didn't hear about Girardi being offered the Yankees managerial job. I remember when most Cubs fans were hoping he would get hired to manage the Cubs.

As far as football goes here in Chicago, our Bears are just plain pathetic. There's nothing to get excited about.

Now what is this sports fan going to do until Spring training.

Stop by, and I'll fill you in.

Oh yes, by the way, there's no "I", in team, but some people say there is an "M and an E"
    Pop Century Resort

• most magical vaca ever

"M" and an "E" for sure in some cases...

Looks like we are ridding two of our curses here in NY- (Arod and Mattingly) They are not meant to have that ring

Rumors have it that Donnie Baseball will follow Torre where ever he winds up out west *coughs* Dodgers

I'm just very happy that Girardi was offered the big job- I know he'll do a great job.

I was laughing because there was a game my hubby and I went to years ago when Clemens was pitching to Girardi- Clemens was awful and my hubby was yelling "Give Girardi the ball"

Well, guess that has really come full circle in a way
    ~~~~~~

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Great avatar DMof2. I did finally hear about Girardi and the Yankees job. It really will be interesting to see just how well he does with your team. I for one, do wish that he was here in Chicago.
    Pop Century Resort

• most magical vaca ever

Yes he is a great man from Chicago indeed

I think he'll do very well... obviously he did well w/the Marlins but they didn't have the budget to give him the things he wanted. Hopefully in NY he'll have that budget to work with.

Looks like change will do some good
    ~~~~~~

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2 View Post
    Yes he is a great man from Chicago indeed

I think he'll do very well... obviously he did well w/the Marlins but they didn't have the budget to give him the things he wanted. Hopefully in NY he'll have that budget to work with.

Looks like change will do some good
    Will Girardi's hiring keep some of their other free agents from walking out the door behind Torre and Mattingly?

Meantime, the seemingly never-ending NBA regular season starts Tuesday night, and at about 10pm Central time on TNT, Chicago fan will be able to get a look at their hotly-rumored soon-to-be newest star. Look for the guy wearing number 24 in the Lakers uniform...the one-man soap opera.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• most magical vaca ever

Morning Sports Fans

After we have our official burning of the Arod Jersey, we will free our Yankees curse

I doubt we will see Rivera back in pinstripes but Abreu and Posada I feel will be back-
    I'm sure Arod will say he left due to the Torre situation but I think we really know the reason w/him...

Loyalty to Joe Torre is understandable but a true Yankee will stay

I must say, I've never had a "National League" team and looks like I will now
    ~~~~~~

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Nice going, Kalli. You'll now be pulling for both of my least favorite teams.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Early morning scrapbook session meant that I have just opened up my morning paper. The back page says that the Cubs fans shouldn't rule out interest in A-Rod. This Cubs' fan says "Let him go play baseball somewhere else".

The Bears' fans favorite player Brian Urlacher is playing games with the media. Acting a little childish in my opinion. If you don't want to talk to the media, then don't waste their time with your monosyllabic replies.

It's going to be a long winter here in Chicago with not much excitement going on in the sports pages. I wonder what the media will find to talk about?

Now I need to go have a late breakfast.

Enjoy your day sports fans, and non sports fans alike.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So it is official now. Joe Girardi is the new manager of the New York Yankees. $7.5 million dollars. Now why can't my husband make that kind of money?

It has also been announced officially that the Blackhawks will start showing home games on television. First game is sometime in November.
    Pop Century Resort