Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    We always eat early. Yes the Detroit game is always on. However, not everyone stays and eats. My brother in law on my husband's side, they leave before 3. It's like a revolving door at my house. No Norman Rockwell sit down dinner at our house, just lots of love. I always have the turkey done around 2. I can honestly say I just leave the huge pot of Mashed Potatoes on the stove, and they can help themselves. I put out the food on the kitchen table, and everyone takes what they like. I am thankful for microwaves, and paper plates. Even though, I always eat mine on a real plate.
    It sounds like a great time at your house.

Normally for me, Kathleen (who is not a sports fan) lets me watch most of the Detroit game, which starts at 9:30 AM out here. By 1PM, we're getting ready for the approximately 45 minuter drive to my in-laws house. We arrive usually in the second quarter of the Dallas game.

Many of her relatives like football, so we usually wait to eat in the dining room when that game ends, around 4:30, or earlier if it's not a close game.

My in-laws have a beatiful home in Thousand Oaks, California, which is about a third of the way toward Disneyland for me.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The beginning of the Bears game wasn't so bad. However, now the Bears are behind in the 3rd period. Seattle doesn't seem to have any problem making their first downs.

I should be making some dinner for my husband. I am sure he's not watching much of this game. The home teams playing always make him crazy. He always watches more of the games from other cities teams.

Have a nice day sports fans.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

It's a great evening in this house. Granted it's 11pm with 11 minutes left in the game but my Pats are winning 56-10!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    It's a great evening in this house. Granted it's 11pm with 11 minutes left in the game but my Pats are winning 56-10!!
    That score would have won someone a lot of money if our family still had our 50 point pool. It is so nice when the local team is on fire. My Chicago Bears are not even a glimmer of the team that made it to the Super Bowl last year.

This sports fan is watching ESPN, when she should be getting a good night's sleep.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

John McDonough has resigned from the Cubs to take a job with the Blackhawks. I wonder how much this has to do with the frustration of the Cubs not winning big last year. The reasoning being stated is that since the Cubs are going to be sold, his future was unsure. So, it is good to see him staying in our city.

This city needs a winner, both on the ice, and on the diamond.

Have a nice evening sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess sports has taken a back seat to Christmas at my house. I am off for a WDW vacation in just 10 days, and I am hoping to get my Christmas tree up today. Yes, it is artificial. It isn't very big, and it shouldn't take too long to bring it all down from the attic.

The Chicago Bears are on today at 3:15 p.m. today. I actually like it better when they are on the later game. It gives me time to get more done on a Sunday around my place.

Have a great day Sports Fans - I hope Rex Grossman does.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I came home just in time, from my Christmas shopping, to see the end of the Bears game. They were down by 14 points, and they managed to win this game. It was a surprise to me that they pulled this one out of the fire.

My feet are tired, but it's fun listening to the guys on the radio from WGN saying good things about the Bears. They refused to go away, as Dan Hampton likes to say.

Did your team win today, sports fans?

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

My team won on Thursday, and it now controls its own Rose Bowl destiny.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Last night's game was a real nail biter for me. Us Patriots fans have gotten a little too used to all the blow-outs. Fortunately they managed to pull off the win in the end!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Hello, Fellow Sports Fans. Just to give a heads up for the teams I root for.

NFL: Chargers
    MLB: Angels
    NHL: Ducks
    NBA: Lakers
    College: UCLA

Hope to discuss alot with you guys!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I root for all the teams in Chicago. The Bears were in last years Super Bowl, and this year they are fighting to keep their heads above water. They have made the last few games exciting, and so Bears fans still have a small hope for the Playoffs.

Our Baseball teams have had recent success, but until the Cubs get to the World Series, and win, Chicagoans on the Northside of this town will not be satisfied.

Our basketball team is playing just terribly at the moment. They have begun talks that the coach could be fired. Paxon is behind his coach, of course, but hopes his players wake up really soon.

Hockey interest in this town is increasing. The team has hired past Cubs' executive McDonough. Home games being televised is a novelty around here.

There's a lot of sports on my sports page. There's even a few days where I can read about all 4 sports on the same day.

Come talk, or post a comment about yours. I'm not too knowledgeable, but I love to chat.

Have a great day sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I haven't had my mind much on Sports lately. I am happy that the Cubs signed Kerry Wood. I really hope that he can become a good relief pitcher. I don't see him as a closer, though, he hasn't really done that. I do wish him well.

My husband has been home this week, and he watches a lot of sports. He was just watching NFL hockey. I have spent the day putting Christmas Songs in my 2nd laptop.

Have a great, rest of the day, sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Every weekday I "TiVo" or watch live two very entertaining ESPN programs featuring Chicago sportswriters..."Around the Horn" on which Jay Mariotti of the Sun-Times is a regular, and my favorite, PTI (Pardon the Interruption) with Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon (I am not sure if he still writes for a Chicago paper, but I believe he at least used to write for the Trib. Please correct m if that's inaccurate).

We have no NFL team here in the nation's second largest market....

Relatively few people care about hockey...the Kings stink as usual and the defending champion Ducks struggled early...

The Lakers are improved over last year's mediocre performance, and the Clippers...well, again they are the Clippers.

We turn to college sports for our big success. USC's football team is probably again the best in the country, but with no playoff...they "settle" for a Rose Bowl likely devouring of Illinois.

And UCLA is again a powerhouse in men's basketball.

Happy Holidays, my friends and sports fans.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My mind has turned away from sports and is focused at the moment on Christmas. I am a little saddened by the release of Mark Prior. It's a shame his injuries haven't allowed him a future pitching for our team. There's talk again about who will buy the Cubs. The price is a little "outrageous" in my opinion.

The Bears season is over, and so it will be a long Winter for most Chicago sports fans who don't watch much basketball or hockey.

Enjoy your holiday activities, sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Mark Prior is going home to play for the San Diego Padres. When he was on the top of his game, he was playing for the Chicago Cubs, and he was great. I wish him well.

I have been busy with holiday stuff, and it's been a long time since I just stopped by here to say hello.

The Bulls have been so bad this year, that I guess I really wasn't too surprised to hear that they fired their coach. Sometimes, that sparks a team to get better. I'll guess we will see.

I was busy doing other stuff, the day that the Bears beat the Packers. I guess they played for pride that day.

I remember last year when the Bears were marching their way to a shot at a Super Bowl. What a difference a year makes.

Hopefully 2008 will be better for all my Chicago Teams.

Have a great day Sports Fans.