Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718254065 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Just thought I'd drop by to say hi to my fellow sports fans - and if you live in the New England area, or simply root for Boston teams, 2007 has been a year to remember for you.

The Red Sox win their second World Series in four years

The Patriots become the first 16-0 regular season team

And the Celtics are back from the dead...

You guys are on a roll.

Here's to making it great in 2008 for all of us.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Good to see you Barry.

I have neglected this thread, largely due to the fact that I have been spending the majority of my time editing photos from my recent trip to WDW.

The Bears ended their season with two good football games. The town is happy about the play of the Hawks. However, with the New Year upon us, eventually the real darling of this town - the Cubs will surface with talk about who will buy the team, and whether or not the city should buy Wrigley Field. My opinion is, they can't run their CTA, so they should leave Wrigley Field alone.

Now I am back to my off season.

Enjoy your Sunday, sports fans.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess I should be excited about Illinois being in the Rose Bowl. However, I do not really watch College Football. I think the last time that I watched a Rose Bowl was when Northwestern got there. That was the same year that my younger brother escaped a deadly fire in his apartment.

I see that the game is on at 4 p.m. I guess it's the team from the midwest facing the team from outwest.

Have a good New Year's Day Sports fans.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I guess I should be excited about Illinois being in the Rose Bowl. However, I do not really watch College Football. I think the last time that I watched a Rose Bowl was when Northwestern got there. That was the same year that my younger brother escaped a deadly fire in his apartment.

I see that the game is on at 4 p.m. I guess it's the team from the midwest facing the team from outwest.

Have a good New Year's Day Sports fans.
    Sad memory about your brother. Glad he was okay.

The Rose Bowl used to always pit the Big Ten Champ against the best team in the Pac 10. The whole BCS thing has kind of changed that. If that were still the case it would have been another Ohio State-USC game. But the Buckeyes are in the "championship" game next week.

I was wondering how much you might have been thinking about the Illini. I don't care for USC, but they have put together one whale of a program, and simply overpowered them as most folks thought would happen.

Hope the Illinois folks enjoyed the parade, at least, and few days of nice SoCal sunshine.

And left a few dollars behind, of course...

I've been to the Rose Bowl for UCLA games, but never to the actual "Rose Bowl" game. I think I'll make a real effort to go next year.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• making magic is fun!

hi there I just wanted to say and intro myself. I live in MA and love the sox, celtics and of course the pats.
    Kelly

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvdisney View Post
    hi there I just wanted to say and intro myself. I live in MA and love the sox, celtics and of course the pats.
    I am pleased that you chose this place to introduce yourself. Which Sox would that be that you like? I am assuming it is the Boston Red Sox..

I would be a Chicago fan of all our teams.

I admit that sports has taken a back seat lately to all the photos that I have been trying to organize on my computer. It is taking me days to load all my photos onto my new external hard drive. I will be so glad when I am done, so I can get back to my scrapbooking, and other things.

Have a good evening.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvdisney View Post
    Not the Red Six, but the Red Saaaawx I would presume? (Respect only intended of course!)

There's no doubt about the fact the Boston- New England area, is the sports capitol of the U.S. right now.

And I say welcome as well!

--Barry

• Laughing Last..

I sit here and read all the posts from sports fans all over the country, my only problem is that I really don't care for football too much and sometimes feel left out from the crowd. Not that I'm football ignorant, played through high school and two collegiate years (Cal Poly Pomona), and loved every minute of it. Just can't stand to sit and watch it. Then to top it all off, I am an avid Futball fan ( soccer for those of you that care) and watch FSC every chance I get to catch up on the EPL games and european circuit. Have season tickets to the Angels, my first love, and the Galaxy ( as close to "real" soccer as we get here, but it's getting better) . Just don't have that many friends and acquiantances that can get into it with me over Arsenal vs. Chelsea or Man U. vs. Liverpool. I get my baseball fixes easily enough, LOVE the sport. Still play in adult leagues. I'll have more to say after Sunday's Sixty Minutes and Clemon's statements.

Just thought I could vent a little here. Any soccer fans? Please put your two cents worth in.

No worries, Mike

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Soccer is one sport that I have never really had any contact with. My husband watches every sport there is on television. The kids in Chicago, and the Chicago suburbs play a lot of soccer. My grandson never developed an interest in playing either the sport of football, or soccer. Instead he plays baseball, and he bowls. In fact Saturday mornings is his regular weekly bowling league. He did really well again today. He bowled a 225 his first game, and his team took all 3 games, which doesn't happen too often.

Back to Soccer. I can understand why today's youth are being organized into soccer leagues rather than baseball, and/or football leagues. It definitely is good exercise, and you just need a ball, and a field. It seems that baseball, and football might require more expensive equipment. Also soccer seems to be a more co-ed activity. Just talking off the top of my head here, correct me, if I'm wrong.

When I was a kid, we didn't have any organized sports teams. The only sports I played were the ones we organized ourselves, or the ones we played at our local churches youth nights. Then we played dodge ball, volley ball, and kick baseball. I was good at most of those, and they were all indoors. The parents sent you on your way, and there didn't seem to be any worry about safety getting home. Then again, I grew up in the 50's.

Stop by anytime, and talk about whatever sport is on your mind. I like to read, and learn as much as I can from others.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Yes, I am watching the Washington/Seattle game. My husband just walked into the room, and he says that Seattle isn't that good a team. Right now Seattle is ahead, but as I type Washington has just scored, and tied up the game. I like the head coach of the Washington Redskins. The kick is good, and now Washington is ahead.

What a difference a post makes.

Enjoy the playoffs, football fans.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Now the game has swung in the other direction, Seattle is up by a touchdown again. An interception has just been returned for a touchdown. This game appears to be all Seattle at the moment. Why is it when I choose to type, they choose to score? I guess my husband is wrong about the Seahawks.

I admit to not knowing much about which teams are better than others this year. I haven't watched much football this year since the Bears died early on in the season.

Back to the games. Who will win? The Jaquars or the Steelers?

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

2 interceptions and so much more cost the Redskins this game. They had the momentum for a little while, but it was Seattle's day today. Seattle will win this game by 3 touchdowns.

Someone has to go home disappointed.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Now the game has swung in the other direction, Seattle is up by a touchdown again. An interception has just been returned for a touchdown. This game appears to be all Seattle at the moment. Why is it when I choose to type, they choose to score? I guess my husband is wrong about the Seahawks.

Back to the games. Who will win? The Jaquars or the Steelers?
    I think some people outside Washington (DC) were pulling for the Redskins because of the whole Sean Taylor story, and how the team pulled together in the face of tragedy to make their remarkable run to the playoffs.

Both games were similar in that teams staged fourth quarter flurries to come from behind, only to lose in the end.

I was not surprised that Jacksonville had the lead in the 4th quarter. I am a bit surprised that, with all those Pittsburgh "terrible towels" waving, that they were able to pull it back together for the last second win.

GO CHARGERS!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was rooting for the Giants and they were successful today against the Buccaneers. I am watching the end of the San Diego/Tennessee game. The game is pretty boring so far. Neither of these teams have ever excited me in the past. Not too much different here today.

Why does it seem strange to me that football players are wearing powder blue uniforms?

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

January and sports in Chicago. Nothing to get excited about. I actually have my sports section in front of me, and there isn't much to read about today. There's NFL Football, of course, and I guess I could choose a favorite team, but then again, it is assumed the Patriots will win the Super Bowl.

The Blackhawks have stumbled of late. I see they are about .500 for the season.

I notice a little piece in my sports section about Chicago, and the 2016 Olympics. The word is that it is Chicago's Olympics to lose. I say that Chicago should fix their CTA system first, before they worry about hosting this international event.

Stay warm sports fans.

May 11 - 16, 2015