Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819264166 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in about five weeks.

That's my thought for this January day.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Goose Gossage was chosen today to be inducted into the Baseball Hall Of Fame. I always thought that it would be a great place to visit. However, since I don't drive, I have never made the trip. This ballplayer played for both of the baseball teams in Chicago. They have announced this several times in the last hour on WGN. I guess baseball season will be here before I know it.

Back to whatever it was you were doing.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Local columnist Rick Telander did not mail his Hall of Fame ballot. His reason - steroids. He basically said, that considering the wide use of steroids by many of baseball's past players, he just wasn't sure who was clean and who wasn't. Although he feels that Gossage is worthy of the Hall of Fame, he didn't vote for him this year as he had in the past.

I see that the Blackhawks and the Bulls both lost again. Former Blackhaws players, Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, and Tony Esposito were honored at the Blackhawks/Canadiens game last night. They also honored Canadien players, Guy Lafleur, Henri Richard, and Yvan Cournoyer. These teams have been playing against each other for over 80 years. I didn't realize that Hockey was around that long.

I see that Joe Gibbs retired again from his job with the Washington Redskins. Family comes first. One of the reasons I like that coach.

Have a good day sports fans.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Just found this thread. As my screen name says, my name is Bob, and i'm a die-hard Denver Broncos fan. I'm currently in the usual mourning phase as our season is over. I love all things football, except for the San Diego Chargers, and Oakland Raiders, and the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Any fellow Broncos fans drop a line and say hi.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
    Just found this thread. As my screen name says, my name is Bob, and i'm a die-hard Denver Broncos fan. I'm currently in the usual mourning phase as our season is over. I love all things football, except for the San Diego Chargers, and Oakland Raiders, and the Kansas City Chiefs.
    In short, the rest of the AFC West!

Looks like you're in good shape with the Chiefs and Raiders.

At least your area HAS a team.

After the Rams left, I now root (albeit without near as much passion) for the (gulp) Chargers.

Sorry Bob. But welcome!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post

After the Rams left, I now root (albeit without near as much passion) for the (gulp) Chargers.
    Thanks for the welcome. I've lived in San Diego for 20+ years, i've lived in Denver for a couple to, and i could never, ever ever ever ever root for the Chargers.

So, with that, Go Colts!
    Trust me, i cant stand the Colts, but its the lesser of two evils for me...

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was happy to see my sports section today. In fact, let me backtrack, and say I was happy to see my paper. Yesterday when they were assembling my paper. I got all the extra ads, and sections, and no actual paper. Since I get up a little later now, my paper has been there, when I first look out the window.

There is a lot of talk here in Chicago about how the city might buy Wrigley Field. I am not really sure about how I feel about that. I do know that I hope the Cubs stay at Clark and Addison for a very long time.

Enjoy Your day Sports Fans.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Blackhawks have lost so many games in a row that I have lost count. The other Hockey team, the Wolves on the otherhand are way ahead in their division.

Today is playoff football. Do I have some picks. No not really. I am assuming the Patriots will win the late game. As for the Green Bay game. I guess we will see what transpires on the field. I guess being a Bears fan, I should root against the Packers.

This is the time of the year that many Cubs' Fans are thinking about the upcoming Cubs Convention. I haven't ever tried to get tickets, but I hear it's a really good time. Lou Piniella was very surprised last year at the support that the Cubs get from their fans. He didn't know just how devoted, and crazy they really are.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's Bears' weather in Green Bay. Too bad the Bears aren't playing. Since I turned the game on, the Packers are on fire.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It's Bears' weather in Green Bay. Too bad the Bears aren't playing. Since I turned the game on, the Packers are on fire.
    In the snow...Packers 42, Seahawks 20...and while the Packers won't come out and say it, you know they'll be rooting for the Giants tomorrow so they can stay home with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line next week.

Brett Favre is just amazing.

This is a recording.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

.....and the 2nd game has just begun. Would you like to pick the score?

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    .....and the 2nd game has just begun. Would you like to pick the score?
    Patriots, leading by 7-10 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter, then winning by a final of 41-17.

That's my thought.

--Barry

PS...Hope I'm really wrong.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 01-12-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added p.s.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Patriots, leading by 7-10 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter, then winning by a final of 41-17.

That's my thought.

--Barry

PS...Hope I'm really wrong.
    And just as soon as that post goes up....7-0 Jacksonville! Go Jags!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm no good at picking scores. I'm rooting for the underdog. Jacksonville scores early, but can they keep up with the patriots.

My husband says Patriots 31, Jacksonville 27.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

And just like that, Tom Brady slices and dices the Jags defense for a long drive...and it's 7-7. Randy Moss for the Patriots and Terrell Owens for Dallas...the bad boys of the decade in some ways...they've made such a difference for their teams this year.

And should those teams reach the Super Bowl, that'll be a story line you'll hear a lot about.

--Barry