Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920274267 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Leaving shortly for the Clippers game vs. Dallas at Staples Center. If I see Bob Iger there again I'll give him Mice Chat's regards!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Leaving shortly for the Clippers game vs. Dallas at Staples Center. If I see Bob Iger there again I'll give him Mice Chat's regards!
    That's great, Alias! I wonder if he'll be near the court, or in one of the eight zillion suites. Also, say hi to Mark Cuban (the Mavs owner) if he's there!

I'm not all that fond of Staples Center as a sports venue, but they do get the max use of it. The Kings played an NHL game there this afternoon...also, ironically, against Dallas! And are you ready for this...the Kings won, 4-3 in an overtime shootout against the Stars!

Could the Kings and Clippers both win at Staples on the same day...too much to hope for?
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 01-12-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Kings score
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    That's great, Alias! I wonder if he'll be near the court, or in one of the eight zillion suites. Also, say hi to Mark Cuban (the Mavs owner) if he's there!
    Iger is always courtside with his cute little boy, tonight he was 6 seats away from Michael Clarke Duncan (of 'The Green Mile') and on his left 10 seats from #1 Clippers fan Frankie 'Malcolm in the Middle' Muniz. Cuban was vision in powder blue & the Mavs stole the game by one in closing seconds.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Iger is always courtside with his cute little boy, tonight he was 6 seats away from Michael Clarke Duncan (of 'The Green Mile') and on his left 10 seats from #1 Clippers fan Frankie 'Malcolm in the Middle' Muniz. Cuban was vision in powder blue & the Mavs stole the game by one in closing seconds.
    I did't lnow Iger was a Clippers guy...so, interestingly, on the same day at Staples the Kings beat Dallas by 1, and Dallas beats the Clippers by 1.

--Barry

PS...Does Muniz now have the number 1 title from Billy Crystal? The Clippers could use Duncan in the middle...and is Iger a Clipper fan or does he go to Laker games too....

And thanks for the report. How cool for you...by the way, I'm a Clipper fan...hint, hint...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Bret Farr kicked butt today. He's simpl beyonf amazing. Go Patriots!

I'm rooting for the Giants over the Cowboys tomorrow.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Some might think that the two underdogs won the football games on Sunday. I like the fact that both games were fun right down to the end. There's no fun watching a blow out, that is unless it happens to be the team that you've been rooting for, for all of your football life.

Enjoy your day sports fans.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Go Patriots!

Yes Sir!

Go Pats!

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess it goes without saying that the favored team is the Patriots. If they lose, it will be one of the biggest upsets of all time.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

$900 million dollars to pay for the Olympics, if they should come to Chicago in 2016. That amount of money boggles my mind. Yes, I'd like to see the Olympics here. However, where is all this money coming from? I guess I should read more about this entire thing, before I pass judgement.

There's a few pages in my newspaper today, and I need to read the entire article. It goes into a little more detail about this project.

I will be almost 70 years old, if this event does take place here. I can't imagine that I would venture down there, and even try and attend. However, I do like the fact that our city would be recognized nationally.

The city has to spend $49 million dollars just to bid for the games. That also is beyond my understanding. Iill leave the how's and the why's to the experts. I'll keep watching with interest.

Have a good day sports fans. I have some reading to do.

• Disneyland/Bronco Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I guess it goes without saying that the favored team is the Patriots. If they lose, it will be one of the biggest upsets of all time.
    Let's all think happy thoughts and that wont happen..

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

You would think that in the last 100 years, the Cubs could have gotten it together at least one time. Well they did, but that was in 1908. I bet it will be more than 100 times that Lou Piniella will have to answer a question about the 100 year drought that the Cubs are playing toward. The World Series Ring is the ultimate goal for every Major League ballplayer. It's not like they lose on purpose.

The Cubs have made some moves in the off season, and I guess they are still trying to make a few more. The Cubs convention is coming up soon, and then it's full speed ahead to see what this season will bring.

Back to my sports section.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Today is the beginning of the 23rd Annual Cubs Convention. Cubs fans get an early start in supporting their team. Lou Piniella was totally surprised last year at his first appearance at the event.

The weather is cold here in Chicago, and I guess it will be even colder when the Packers play the Giants on Sunday. I don't have a favorite in this game, but I definitely will be watching. I guess people will be rooting for the Packers, because the ultimate result will make for a better Super Bowl Game.

Have a great day sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's cold here in Chicago. It was a perfect day, to just curl up on the sofa, and watch football. I watched San Diego play New England, and I admit that I took a little nap at the end. I woke up to my husband saying something about dinner before the Packers were on.

The Cubs are the story in town this weekend. Their annual convention is held in downtown Chicago. The paper today was full of stories about the number of good starting pitchers that the Cubs now have on their roster.

Enjoy the game, sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well, if you watched football on Sunday, you know that Super Bowl 42 will be between the Patriots, and the Giants. I really thought that it would be the Packers against the undefeated Patriots, but that's why they play the games. Now I root for the underdog Giants. I am sure they will be called that a lot during the next 2 weeks, until the game is actually played.

Cub fans are the most forgiving in the game of baseball. Now they begin their optimistic hype until the beginning of the 2008 season. It seems so long ago that they were swept out of the playoffs.

Enjoy your day sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Here's something to ponder if you are, or know of, a Boston sports fan.

According to a story in the Boston Globe newspaper, fans of New England teams are having good times of historic proportions.

It points out that since Game 4 of last year's baseball American League Championship Series, the Red Sox, Patriots and the NBA Celtics have lost just six of 57 games combined.

That is an AMAZING run.

So what's wrong with the Bruins?

--Barry