Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021284368 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

This weekend here in Chicago, our other baseball team has their Sox Fest. It doesn't draw the media attention that the Cubs convention does, but then the Sox are sometimes known as the "other team". They do have the bragging rights here in Chicago having just recently won a World Series.. These early year events are planned to get the fans pumped up about their team. It should be fun seeing which team has done the best, in the off season, to make their team better.

Staying warm in Chicago, sports fans.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson has played Little League baseball for 6 years. He started out in a league called "Coach Pitch", where the adults pitched to their own players, and the children batted. It made the games go a lot quicker. He continued up through the Leagues, and became an average pitcher himself. His batting average is only average, but his fielding was pretty good.

Well it is time for baseball sign up again. Dad, and grandpa want Sean to play, and Sean is not that keen on the idea. I think he would rather spend his time on his computer talking on AIM and MySpace with his friends. There are days like today that I wish that such websites didn't exist.

I wish that my grandson had the love of the game that his dad, and his grandfather did. But it is a different time, and a different world that we live in.

Enjoy your day, sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson didn't do too well with his final marks at school. The school wanted him to take one of the classes over on Saturday. Now my grandson bowls on Saturday. Bowling is the one thing that Sean really enjoys doing. Sean's mom and dad were going to make Sean skip the rest of the bowling season in order to make up this class.

I guess my son, slept on that, and today he decided that Sean will just have to make that class up in Summer School.

School has always been hard for Sean. He doesn't like to read. My husband feels that's at the root of all his problems. That's probably very true.

Put a little fun in your day Sports' fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sean's bowling team bowled pretty well today. There's 5 of them. All together as a team they had 5 "turkeys". Sean himself had one game where he had what I referred to as turkey bookends with a spare in the middle. That game was a 211.

Tomorrow is the Super Bowl. Do you have your snacks all bought, and your television in good working order?

Go Giants.

• Former Cast Member

I cannot wait for baseball season to start up again. Go Angels!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Once football is over, we won't have to wait that long before Baseball will be the sports topic mostly talked about.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Once football is over, we won't have to wait that long before Baseball will be the sports topic mostly talked about.

This is the time of year I do not like, since college football is over, then pro is done and all we have left is hockey and basketball and unfortunately I do not like either of those sports. But, I guess there is pro bowling, which I enjoy.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am actually enjoying the Pre Super Bowl Show on Fox. It has been pretty entertaining so far.

I never seem to know when the bowling is on, on television. I have watched a lot of bowling on television in the past. I am amazed at how good some of these bowlers really are. It seems to me that you have to be really talented to make money in that sport. Although some would say that bowling isn't a sport.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am actually enjoying the Pre Super Bowl Show on Fox. It has been pretty entertaining so far.

I never seem to know when the bowling is on, on television. I have watched a lot of bowling on television in the past. I am amazed at how good some of these bowlers really are. It seems to me that you have to be really talented to make money in that sport. Although some would say that bowling isn't a sport.

The PBA is usually on ESPN on Sunday mornings ar ound 9am. The pro bowlers were just at Fountain Bowl, last weekend, which is near my house, but I missed going there. I also has aspirations to become a pro bowler, but never followed through with tons of practice and tournaments. I have a 196 average , but do most of my bowling in Vegas leagues, which are still fun.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    The PBA is usually on ESPN on Sunday mornings ar ound 9am. The pro bowlers were just at Fountain Bowl, last weekend, which is near my house, but I missed going there. I also has aspirations to become a pro bowler, but never followed through with tons of practice and tournaments. I have a 196 average , but do most of my bowling in Vegas leagues, which are still fun.
    That is a great average. I was always a terrible spare shooter. Once in a while, I got lucky with the strikes. I don't bowl in a League any more, but my grandson does.

Sean is 14, and has a 151 average. He doesn't take his bowling that serious. He's mostly there to hang out with his friends.

Thanks for the television information. My husband used to yell at me from time to time from the other room when the lady bowlers would be on.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I can use my computer and watch television at the same time, since they are both in the same room. I remember last year, when the Bears were in it, and how excited I was. They ended up losing, but it was still fun.

Don't miss the opening kick off.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The commercials have been very entertaining so far.

The game can still go either way. I find it hard to believe that the score is so low at this point in the game. With almost 7 minutes left in the 3rd period, the Giants are only down by 4. The Giants need to score a touchdown, if they are to have any chance to win this game.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was glued to my TV set. You should have heard me scream when Manning threw that last touchdown pass. It will now be very interesting to see how they analyze this upset.

• no flash photography...

I thought the few commercials I saw were weak, but I caught the last part of the game and NY won......woo hoo. I wanted them to win, but I just can't sit and watch the entire game.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well it was a nail biter all the way. It's fun watching an upset.

The Patriots were the favorites.

However, as I have said before. That's Why They Play The Game!