Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Do you "Boo" at sporting events? Do you let the players, and or the team, know that you are dissatisfied with their performance on the field? Lately the Cubs' fans are doing a lot of "Booing". Soriano is hearing a lot of this lately, as he continues to play less than perfect baseball. Oh, the fans love him when he hits the home runs. However, since the fans are expecting a "World Series" this year, they analyze everything that goes on, on the field. They also want to tell the manager how to manage his team.

Why the urgency, this early in the season? Well games lost in April, and May can cost you down the road.

Do I believe all of this. Well first of all, I don't "Boo" ballplayers. They are out there to do a job. Only they know, if they are performing up to par. I want the Cubs to have a successful season. I think that the fans have a right to "Boo" if they are unhappy. I just don't like hearing it.

Enjoy your day, sports fans.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Do you "Boo" at sporting events? Do you let the players, and or the team, know that you are dissatisfied with their performance on the field? Lately the Cubs' fans are doing a lot of "Booing". Soriano is hearing a lot of this lately, as he continues to play less than perfect baseball. Oh, the fans love him when he hits the home runs. However, since the fans are expecting a "World Series" this year, they analyze everything that goes on, on the field. They also want to tell the manager how to manage his team.

Why the urgency, this early in the season? Well games lost in April, and May can cost you down the road.

Do I believe all of this. Well first of all, I don't "Boo" ballplayers. They are out there to do a job. Only they know, if they are performing up to par. I want the Cubs to have a successful season. I think that the fans have a right to "Boo" if they are unhappy. I just don't like hearing it.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

The Cubs won tonite again against the Dodgers. It is always more fun to hear Ron Santo yelling out of joy, than groaning when they lose.

I especially enjoyed hearing Rick Sutcliffe leading the 7th inning stretch.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

The Cubs are playing the Rockies at Wrigley Field today. The game was delayed a little, but the sun is starting to come out, and the game has just begun. The Cubs have the best record in the National League at the moment. Their record at home is 23 and 8, as just reported by Pat Hughes, and Ron Santo.

The Sox are no slouches. They also sit on top of their division. I can deal with this. Not too far down the road, these two teams will face each other, and that will really be a lot of fun this year, considering that these teams are both playing so well. They have scheduled back to back weekend series. By that, I mean that on the first weekend they are at Sox park, and then they are at Wrigley. Sandwiched in between are home games for the Sox and a road trip for the Cubs.

The Cubs have just gone behind 4 to 0. Lilly is struggling here in the first inning. Not good, not good at all.

Hockey is being talked about being played at Wrigley Field on New Years Day. As long as the temps stay below 40, they should be O.K. I will be watching that game for sure.

The Bulls bring back Doug Collins. Reaction is everything from "WHY?" to "Good Move".

The Cubs are ready to bat in the first inning, and I am off to watch, and listen to the game.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

The 7th Inning Stretch at Wrigley Field is a great opportunity for the fans of Chicago to rub elbows with a few celebrities. Today the guests were the famous Blackhawks, Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, and Tony Esposito. These men look great. Great conversation always precedes, and follows the actual singing.

The Cubs are rallying in this game. They were way behind, and now the score is 9 to 6.

Back to, what it was, you were doing.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

i am enjoying Bobby Hull getting excited on television, and Ron Santo getting excited on the radio. The Cubs are now leading in their ballgame 10 to 9.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

The Cubs won their ballgame again today. I am really enjoying the positive vibes that are coming from this team and it's fans at the moment. I can't understand my husband. He proclaims to be a Cubs' fan. Yet he won't watch the games. He says that the team just makes him nervous. He can't enjoy watching them. It has been that way, pretty much since 1969. He needs to get over it, and move on. Watch them, or don't say you are a fan. They might break your heart again, but when they are winning, as they are doing now, it is a whole lot of fun. Isn't that what being a fan is all about.

Enjoy your weekend sports fans.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

The Cubs have won 7 in a row. They are hot at home, and they are now going on a long road trip. I am having a lot of fun watching this team. Can they maintain this pace all season. I don't know. Play them one at a time, and learn from their mistakes. All I know is it's been a long time since I didn't feel bad about the Cubs in June.

Enjoy Your Day Sports' fans.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

The Cubs are playing the Padres tonite, so the game is on late here in Chicago. Most Cubs fans don't like the Padres. The Padres dashed the hopes of the Cubs in 1984. I remember that team more than the 1969 team. The Cubs didn't have lights back then. They had Rick Sutcliffe, and Jody Davis, and Ryne Sandberg, and well they didn't have Steve Garvey. He was the Padre, who Cubs fans hate.

Enough of that. It's a different year, and I will stay up late tonite to see what happens as the Cubs play the San Diego Padres. I see Mark Prior is facing surgery again. He may never pitch again.

Enjoy your day sports fans.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I fell asleep last night listening to the Cubs, so this morning, I wanted to hear the hype on ESPN, since they won their ballgame. Instead there was more hype about Ozzie Guillen being dissatisfied with his team. Well that's fine.

The Cubs are the best team in baseball now. I like our manager. I like what he is doing, and how he has been playing his players. Lou is on the radio now, and he is congratulating the Cubs' fans. They are indeed the best fans in baseball.

Late night game again. Hopefully, I can stay awake tonite.

Have a great day, sports fans.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Tomorrow is the Belmont Stakes, and yes, I will be watching. If Big Brown wins this race, I want to say that I saw it. Triple Crown horses don't come around too often

Doug Collins has decided that he doesn't want to coach the Bulls after all. Basketball isn't really my sport, but I hope that the team finds a good coach that can help this team succeed.

The Cubs play late again tonite. I don't always stay awake for the entire, game. I do make the effort, but this tired body more often than not gives in to the sandman. It is nice when I wake up, to turn off the radio, and I discover that they have won another one.

It is very windy here in Chicago. If the Cubs were playing at Wrigley, it would be a strange set of circumstances as far as the hitters are concerned.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

No Triple Crown winner.

The winner of the Belmont Stakes was not Big Brown, but a horse called Da'Tara.

Exactly why Big Brown refused to run is being discussed as I type this.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

When it comes to overall popularity, the team that is far and away the most popular in Southern Calfornia is the Los Angeles Lakers of the NBA.

Driving between Anaheim and the Ventura area yesterday I saw seemingly dozens of cars sporting those yellow carflags.

Most days the Los Angeles Times is publishing stuff from The Finals in a separate section from the rest of the sports.

They're down 0-2 to the Celtics, but now they have three games of home cookin' at Staples this sweek.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Barry you do seem to be the only one that ever posts here in this thread. A lot of people seem to be reading or at least viewing. I wish more would stop and drop a view words about what they like in their sports world.

I was listening to the radio today, and the theory popped up that the Big Brown loss at the Belmont Stakes was a fix. I don't think so. Although my husband had the same thought.

Pop Century Resort

Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast