Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 217242526272829303752 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Isn't that what a certain Cubs fan was saying here a couple of years ago? That the owners wouldn't improve the team because they hadn't the incentive, with all the folks coming out for Wrigley, and the "lovable loser Cubs"?

Glad to see that the Cubs are winning, in any event.

-- Barry
    Excuse me, but I was talking about the fans of the team and not about the owners. I believe that the Cubs have the best fans in baseball. The Sox only draw when the team is winning. The Cubs draw, regardless of the play on the field. Granted, part of that is because of the draw of the Wrigley Field experience. However, a lot of Cubs' fans have been priced out of their ballpark. SO instead they follow the Cubs to other parks. Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, and many other ballparks have increased attendance at games because of this fact.

I believe the team has spent a lot of money the last few years, to get our team into the World Series.

Will they get there, and win? I hope so. Don't you think a fan must really get tired of getting close and "choking". It's about time the fans get fed up, and demand a winner. It's about time the management does as much as they can to finally get this team there and become victorious.

As far as Loveable Losers. I hate that phrase as much as I hate them being called the Cubbies.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Cubs swept the White Sox out of Wrigley Field last night with a victory.

I see that I had my facts backwards. I really do need to learn how to read a schedule better. I had the Cubs traveling, and the Sox at home. It is actually the reverse of that.

Tomorrow the Cubs will play the Baltimore Orioles, and the Sox head out to play the Dodgers.

When my first born son played Little League baseball, he was on a team named the Orioles. They had a really good team, and my son finally played on a championship team and got a first place trophy. The greatest day of his Little League career was when he got the winning hit in the Championship game to win the first place trophy.

Memories

Enjoy your day sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

Will they get there, and win? I hope so. Don't you think a fan must really get tired of getting close and "choking".
    Angel fans that were fans prior to 2002 certainly can identify with this feeling. While they don't have the history and length of years of the Cubs, we had 40-plus years of mostly bad seasons, peppered with three playoff years, getting within a game of the World Series twice. In 1986, within one strike of the World Series.

In 2001, the Angels finished 41 games out of first place.
    No one could have foreseen what was coming. Their owner, the Walt Disney Company, was in the process of selling the team.

Isn't the Tribune Company still in the process of selling the Cubs? Could there be a pattern here? Cubs fans should hope so!

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

While reading my sports page this morning, I came across 2 interesting items.

In 1960, on this date, Ron Santo debuts for the Cubs at Pittsburgh. He goes 2 for 4, with 3 RBI's in the first game of a doubleheader. In the 2nd game, he is 1 for 3 with 2 RBI's. The Cubs win both games.

On this same date in 1920, Wrigley Field was called Cubs Park. A high school championship game takes place between Lane Tech of Chicago, and the New York City's School of Commerce. New York wins 12 to 8, and Lou Gehrig hits a Grand Slam.

Enjoy your day, sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am on my way to the front porch to see if my morning paper has arrived. I am sure that it will be full of more crosstown classic hype. This is the weekend that the Sox and Cubs play at Sox park.

The Cubs were beaten really badly yesterday by the Orioles. Just a bad day? I hope so.

Bulls fans are happy with their first round draft pick, and I understand that their choice is a real gem. Derrick Rose is throwing out the first pitch at the ballgame today.

Enjoy your day sports fans. I have pancakes on the brain.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
    Once in a while, someone actually does stop by, and says, "Hi".

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Once in a while, someone actually does stop by, and says, "Hi".
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Cubs lost again today against the Sox. I guess I am supposed to be devastated...........No, I am not.

I was getting my hair cut today, and there was another patron talking about wanting to go to a Cubs game. He told the man cutting his hair that he wouldn't go to Sox Park, to watch the Cubs play the Sox, because he hated the Sox. Earlier today, the waitress where I had lunch said that they had to ask a customer to leave yesterday, because he was beligerent. What did he do? He was harassing a Cubs fan. He was a Sox fan.

It's only a game, people. Granted, I really like this game of baseball, but I refused to get all worked up over it.

Enjoy your day, Sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I had a busy morning, and I just got the chance to look at my morning paper. The Cubs have got to stop telling people that they have the best record in baseball. It's what have you done for me lately?.......and lately they have done absolutely nothing but lose.

I hate all this talk about crosstown classic turning into crosstown World Series.

The Cubs are hurting that's for sure. However, good teams find a way to win despite the bumps and bruises.

So the Sox are off and running with a winning streak, the Cubs are limping and losing.

I told my husband the other day, that it's only a baseball game, and I refuse to get too excited about the outcome. It's definitely more fun when they win, and lately, I haven't been having much fun.

There are different kinds of basball fans folks, and I'm probably about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Enjoy your day, sports fans.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Cubs are ahead in their game. The score is 5 to 0 over the Giants in the 5th inning.

The Sox played earlier, and beat Cleveland.

Not sure if I will stay awake for the entire Cubs game, but right now I am not sleepy at all.

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

Yeah!! Padres beat the Rockies 15-8!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I see that the Cubs are still on top of their division. However that could change pretty soon, if they continue to drop games. They have two games against the Giants before they play the 2nd place Cardinals. The Cardinals are always a tough opponent. Things can change pretty quick in the game of baseball.

On the other side of town, the Sox are playing winning baseball. I talked to my sister in law yesterday, because it was her birthday. She was headed out to Sox Park. I see the Sox won their game in the 10th inning, with a home home run by another ballplayer name Ramirez.

Enjoy your sports today, sports fans.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

^^ ^^^ ^^^

You mean to tell me that the locals don't lovingly refer to the "new" Comiskey Park as "U.S. Cellular Field"?

By the way, I am a big White Sox fan this weekend. Beat Oakland, and help the first-place Angels!

Saw the Cubs game last night from St. Louis (on "WGN America") - they sure seem to get a lift whenever Carlos Zambrano is healthy.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am the one that calls it Sox Park. I think that most of the locals, call it The Cell. I see that the Sox are not helping out the Angels, since they lost their game to Oakland.

Cubs play this afternoon. Cubs/Cardinal games are always a lot of fun.

Enjoy your sports today, sports' fans.