Page 31 of 84 FirstFirst ... 62128293031323334415681 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

The Cubs have won the 2nd game of their double header. I could learn to like this winning.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'll be saying more about this in another thread, but it's all but set now that I'll be watching two games at Yankee Stadium, and visiting the Hall Of Fame in Cooperstown, NY in late August/early September.

I am so excited!

Hope you're doing well, sports fans!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A trip to Cooperstown has never happened for me. I envy you, Barry. I look forward to hearing all about it.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Watching a sporting event, where I already know the results, just isn't the same, as the suspense of not knowing. It would be like watching the 7th game of the World Series, and knowing that your team was the victor. It just wouldn't be as satisfying as not knowing, and seeing it play out in your head, and your heart.

The Olympics isn't just one event. It is many different contests, in many different sports. It would be near impossible to show it all live. Somehow, though, with all the delayed broadcasts, it just isn't as exciting as I remember it being years and years ago.

Enjoy your day sports fans.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The baseball season is getting toward the end now. It's a foreign concept, here in Chicago, that both baseball teams just might make it to the playoffs. Some want a Cubs/Sox World Series. Some want no part of that.

I am enjoying the games that I have been watching. I read an article in the Sun Times a few days ago. One of the columnists claimed to have bypassed a trip to the Olympics in favor of the job of covering a crosstown classic.

Like, I said, that's a foreign concept.

Enjoy your day, sports fans.

May 11 - 16, 2015

im excited that english premiere league has started again! woohoo

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adamthecarolla View Post
    im excited that english premiere league has started again! woohoo

I admit that I didn't know what the English Premiere league was, so I googled it. It's great that you can find out pretty much anything you want on the internet.

Interesting reading.

What team do you root for?

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

They are singing again at Wrigley Field. The Cubs have won their game against, Dusty Baker's Cincinnatti reds. The score. Cubs 5 Reds 0. Go Cubs, Go!

Am I starting to believe that this team may indeed make it to the Series?

Perhaps.

May 11 - 16, 2015

Hey all! Newbie here. Just stopping by to say hello and see if there are any auto racing fans here. I love it all! Formula 1, Nascar, ALMS, Indycar...just love the action!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Auto racing has never been my thing. I am amazed that the drivers can drive their cars that fast, and live to tell about it. I can honestly say that I have never watched an auto race.

However, we all have different likes and dislikes.

I remember the summer that my grandson's mom did the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Walt Disney World. She was all excited to ride in that race car around the track. It was exciting watching her do it, as well.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Oh the agony of listening to the Cubs. I don't know what's worse. Hearing them falter, or hearing Ron Santo moan why they falter. Another season tacked on to the 100? Only time will tell.

Sports fans, some days are better than others.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well today's game for the Cubs is a little more pleasant to listen to. The Cubs are winning 9 to 1. Soriano has hit three homeruns in this game.

I refuse to get too upset when the Cubs lose.

I am liking this side of the team a whole lot better. The Cubs are in Cincinnatti, and it sounds on the radio, like they are at Wrigley.

Enjoy your sports, sports fans.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Cubs self destruct today in the ninth inning. They were up 3 to 1, and Kerry Wood just couldn't get it done. Will I look back on this day, and remember it as being the turning point toward a disappointing season? Or will it just be a loss in the loss column?

Time will tell.

Cubs lose a heartbreaker, says Cubs announcer, Pat Hughes.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been so busy working on my Wisconsin Dells scrapbook, that I haven't been posting much in the sports forum. The Cubs have not been playing very well lately. The manager sounds a little frustrated as to what he should do with his players. I think that Lou Piniella is a good manager, and he is doing the best that he can.

It is that time of the year that everyone has their own theory of what the Cubs should do, and why they are losing. Get rid of this guy. Bench that guy. Change the batting order. Change the pitching rotation.

I have promised myself, since the Bartman incident that I won't get too excited about the Cubs. It is only a game. It is fun to watch, and listen to. I refuse to have a heart attack over the outcome of the games.

With all of that said, I am sitting here listening to a scoreless game. Ron Santo wears his heart on his sleeve, and that is why many fans just love him to death.

The season is nearing it's end, and the playoffs ought to be really interesting. The Angels are already there, and I am still hoping for a Cubs/Angels World Series.

Barry, I miss you.

Sports isn't the same around here without you.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Cubs pitcher, Carlos Zambrano has thrown a no hitter at Miller Park. The Cubs were playing the Astros, and not the Brewers. This was due in fact of Hurricane Ike, that hit Texas in recent days.

Ron Santo, and Pat Hughes spoke of the fact that there were no hits, for most of the game. So, that theory, can be put to rest.

I was actually listening to the entire game, so when he threw that last ball, I switched on the television, so I could see the celebration. You would have thought that they won the World Series.

One dream at a time, Cubs fans.

Enjoy the evening sports fans. I hope you were watching Barry.

May 11 - 16, 2015