Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1934414243444546475469 ... LastLast

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

Just found this forum and I think I'll be posting often. Former SoCal girl now living in AZ but the Angels will always have my heart. Trying to transfer some loyalty to the DBacks.

I LOVE having a pro football team to call my own. Lived next to a lot of the Rams when they were in Anaheim and when Georgia moved them to St. Louis it was like being divorced. So now it's "GO CARDINALS!!!"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    Just found this forum and I think I'll be posting often. Former SoCal girl now living in AZ but the Angels will always have my heart. Trying to transfer some loyalty to the DBacks.

I LOVE having a pro football team to call my own. Lived next to a lot of the Rams when they were in Anaheim and when Georgia moved them to St. Louis it was like being divorced. So now it's "GO CARDINALS!!!"
    Welcome.

My brother was a football Cardinal fan since they played in Chicago. I always rooted for the Bears. I became a fan right before they made it into the Super Bowl. William Perry caught my attention when he was drafted, and I rode the excitement all the way to the Super Bowl victory.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I LOVE having a pro football team to call my own. Lived next to a lot of the Rams when they were in Anaheim and when Georgia moved them to St. Louis it was like being divorced.
    You're a girl after my own heart, in that sense. I was a diehard Rams fan for nearly 30 years until "Madame Ram" ripped my heart out. I have rooted for them to lose ever since.

I still think it's hard to believe that the nation's second biggest population area/TV market hasn't had the NFL for 14 seasons and counting. The Chargers are now the closest thing I have to a "favorite".

Many equate USC with an NFL franchise, which is true in a sense but I've never, ever been an SC fan, so....

Oh by the way, welcome!!!!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The hockey game last night was a real nail biter. I am so glad that the Hawks finally scored. Going to Vancover down by two games would not have been a very good scenario. Then again, it seems like this team likes a little pressure. One things for sure, they don't seem to give up.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Here I sit on a gloomy Saturday in Chicago, wishing that the Cubs game was on now. I guess I should be glad it is a 6 o'clock start, because the Blackhawks have a late game tonite. Start time in the neighborhood of 9:30 p.m., I believe. I guess I could always take a nap now, because it looks like I will be up late tonite.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I am working today, which is always good news. I am pushing buttons to put the Giants-Dodgers game on the radio on our local station. A Saturday afternoon FOX network regional TV game.

The Dodgers and their fans I think prefer night games on Saturdays but...when FOX puts up the bucks for TV rights...they get to pick.

Barbaraann, I honor you for your support of all Chicago teams. I can tell you that the first time my Dad took me to an NHL game, it was in Los Angeles - and the Kings were hosting Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, and...the Chicago Blackhawks.

The Blackhawks won like 7-2 that night, and Bobby Hull scored twice.

Even though it does a better job now with technology and such, TV still doesn't do hockey justice. Once you actually attend a game live, I think, one is at least something of a fan, for life.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I only went to one hockey game in my life. It was at the old United Center, and it was a really fun time. You just can't explain the noise level in the stadium unless you have been there. It was a memorable experience for me with my boys. When ever my husband would get ttickets, I always told him to take the kids. My younger son played hockey for a while, but he was just a mediocre player. Hockey is an expensive sports for kids to play, and it definitely is not promoted that much here in Chicago due to the cost involved.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I only saw the old Chicago Stadium on TV. I saw it from the outside during one of my visits there.

It sure seemed to be a big old barn, and the Blackhawks sure seemed to have the advantage there.

In any case, with some of the great players they've had, Chicago does have some real hockey tradition.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

They have brought back many of the old players, as ambassadors for the Blackhawks. The marketing department is getting smart. They are promoting the game again to the young kids. They are the future fan base for the team.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The only thing that I don't like about watching the Blackhawks in the playoffs, is they are on too late for this fan. When you are used to getting up at 5:30 a.m., it's hard keeping your eyes open past 10 p.m. at night.

Lots of goals were scored last night. 12 in all. 7 by the Blackhawks, and a hat trick by Patrick Kane. I guess he was fueled by a comment made by a Canuck player. Determined enough to play harder, and score those three goals.

I remember when my kids were in organized sports, and a lot of trash talking would go on. The coaches would tell the kids to do your playing on the field, and not with your mouth. I guess that's what Patrick Kane did last night.

Now the Blackhawks will wait and see who their next opponent is. The Ducks, or the Red Wings. Matters not to me. They are still playing.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

A lot of fans out here are hoping that the Ducks can win tonight in Anaheim.

I have a feeling the Blackhawks are as well. Just because they'd probably enjoy the extra rest, while their next opponent gets to battle out a game 7 back in Detroit.

-- Barry

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Actually the favored team by Blackhawk players that I heard mention it, is the Red Wings, and not the Ducks. I believe that would be because of the fact that they won the Stanley Cup last year, and also because of the defeat during the Winter Classic at Wrigley Field.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Blackhawk/Red Wings game is on at 2 p.m., and yes, I will be watching. My husband had a day off Friday and we did some serious Blackhawk shopping. I am now a proud owner of a cool Blackhawk shirt with Kane on the back, and the great Blackhawk logo on the front. I have always been of the opinion that the Blackhawk logo is the best, in all of sports. We also bought our grandson a great Hull sweatshirt. I love to hear the interviews that have recently been aired of the "Golden Jet". You can hear his, love of the game, when he speaks.

Sports fans love to stock up on the "gear" and plant themselves in front of their televisions, and/or radios, and cheer on their teams.

Go Hawks!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The Blackhawk/Red Wings game is on at 2 p.m., and yes, I will be watching. My husband had a day off Friday and we did some serious Blackhawk shopping. I am now a proud owner of a cool Blackhawk shirt with Kane on the back, and the great Blackhawk logo on the front. I have always been of the opinion that the Blackhawk logo is the best, in all of sports. We also bought our grandson a great Hull sweatshirt. I love to hear the interviews that have recently been aired of the "Golden Jet". You can hear his, love of the game, when he speaks.

Sports fans love to stock up on the "gear" and plant themselves in front of their televisions, and/or radios, and cheer on their teams.

Go Hawks!
    Now that the SoCal teams are out, Im pulling for your Hawks! Beating Detroit will be a tall order indeed, but it can be done.

As always I admire your loyalty to your city's teams.

-- Barry

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Blackhawks are losing at the moment by 2 goals. They were keeping up with the Red Wings, but they are losing their momentum in the 3rd period of this first game.

I root for all Chicago teams. They represent the city that I love. I wouldn't live anywhere else.