Page 45 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2035424344454647485570 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

So did the Blackhawks lose to the Red Wings because they are playing in "awe if them"? This was the subject of a few articles in my morning newspaper. I guess we will find out tonite, if they can beat the defending Stanley Cup champions. They did defeat them during the season. So it can be done. Can they do it 4 times? Well for tonite, they just need to play these games one at a time.

Go Hawks!

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The kids lost again. It is obvious that the Red Wings are the better team. However, I will stick by, and root for my team until the last second of the last game that they play. I know I sound defeated, but it just doesn't look good for the Blackhawks. Of course, Chicagoans really believe in the home ice theory, but remember, in order to win this things the Hawks will have to win in Detroit, and so far they haven't. They did look better in the 2nd game, but the Red Wings have to be pretty confident that they have this thing locked up. I just hope that the Blackhawks don't get swept.

Go Hawks!

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The kids lost again. It is obvious that the Red Wings are the better team. However, I will stick by, and root for my team until the last second of the last game that they play. I know I sound defeated, but it just doesn't look good for the Blackhawks. Of course, Chicagoans really believe in the home ice theory, but remember, in order to win this things the Hawks will have to win in Detroit, and so far they haven't. They did look better in the 2nd game, but the Red Wings have to be pretty confident that they have this thing locked up. I just hope that the Blackhawks don't get swept.

Go Hawks!
    The problem is that if indeed the BlackHawks were going to "steal" one on the road, last night was the night. Coming off the seven-game series the Red Wings were the more tired team, especially in the OT. The game was Chicago's for the taking. But again, to coin a way overused sports phrase, Detroit showed the "heart of a champion".

Now the Blachhawks simply must win the next game. If they do, they could even up the series at home, and take it from there.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The White Sox lost to the the Twins today by the score of 20 to 1. When my husband had the end of the game on, I comment how that could almost be a football score, except how do you score 1 point in football?

The Blackhawks are on tomorrow. I am glad that they have a lot of rest between games, even if it does seem that the hockey season goes on forever.

May 11 - 16, 2015

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It was fun while it lasted, and it most likely isn't going to last much longer. The Chicago Blackhawks lost badly today to the Detroit Red Wings. Detroit 6, Chicago 1.

Not much to smile about in Chicago Sports today.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

It was fun while it lasted, and it most likely isn't going to last much longer. The Chicago Blackhawks lost badly today to the Detroit Red Wings. Detroit 6, Chicago 1.

Not much to smile about in Chicago Sports today.
    I'll say one thing. The Cubs certainly caught the Padres, who've struggled most of the season so far, at the worst possible time.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Carlos Zambrano had a temper tantrum yesterday, and now I guess we will see just how much that tantrum ends up costing him. One thing is clear to me, with the chemistry on this team, they are not about to end the 100 year drought that defines the Cubs. It just ain't going to happen.

I had a lot of fun watching the Blackhawks. I guess I could say all the right things about how the team went further than anyone expected, and the franchise has been turned around by new personnel. Bottom line, I had a lot of fun watching them, and isn't sports supposed to be fun? Isn't that one of the reasons that we watch it?

The Cubs on the other hand have not been very much fun to watch of late.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Carlos Zambrano had a temper tantrum yesterday, and now I guess we will see just how much that tantrum ends up costing him. One thing is clear to me, with the chemistry on this team, they are not about to end the 100 year drought that defines the Cubs. It just ain't going to happen.

I had a lot of fun watching the Blackhawks. I guess I could say all the right things about how the team went further than anyone expected, and the franchise has been turned around by new personnel. Bottom line, I had a lot of fun watching them, and isn't sports supposed to be fun? Isn't that one of the reasons that we watch it?

The Cubs on the other hand have not been very much fun to watch of late.

Hi, sports fans!

I sort of felt the same way about the Anaheim Ducks, as you did about the Black Hawks.

It was fun to watch them go farther than other people expected. Bottom line, both were eliminated by a superior Detroit team.

I'm sure you noticed what the White Sox did to the Angels the other night, with that 17-3 game. I have never seen the top 4 hitters in a lineupgo a collective 13-for-14 to start a game before.

The Cubs and Angels are similar in that both were expected to do well, and both have struggled at the start. The reasons are different, but their records are about the same.

Both teams cruised to easy victories in their divisions last year. Both were a memory a week later.

Myself, I'll settle for a more lackluster regular season, catching fire at the right time and going deeper in the playoffs.

One thing is certain. Mr. Zambrano needs a "time out".

Chances are good he'll be getting one.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Zambrano is an emotional guy. He can pitch a no hitter one day, and then self destruct the next. You love him when he's hot, and scratch your head when he's not.

Now, the thing that concerns me is not Zambrano, but Manny Ramirez. How can people like that guy? How can they vote for him to be an All Star? To me, he is a disgrace to the game. Then again, I guess I am always in the minority when it comes to my opinions on such things.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Now, the thing that concerns me is not Zambrano, but Manny Ramirez. How can people like that guy? How can they vote for him to be an All Star? To me, he is a disgrace to the game. Then again, I guess I am always in the minority when it comes to my opinions on such things.
    Not with me you're not, and certainly not on this issue.

You've seen my posts, I'm sure, over the last year or so.

I thought he was disgraceful in some of his shenanigans, the way he walked out on the Red Sox, etc.

But because he could hit...he became an instant hit, out here. The Dodgers are playing the best baseball of any team, even without him (they come into Wrigley this weekend).

Bottom line...and I am sad to say this...most fans don't care about steroids, and cheating, so long as their teams win.

And for all the Dodger fans who've been saying "get rid of the guy" etc...when he comes back in July, the first homer he hits at Dodger Stadium, all (well at least most) will be forgiven.

Sad to say.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I used to not believe in booing. I remember when Sammy Sosa was playing for the Cubs. This was before the Corked bat episode. A friend of mine was at a game, where Sammy just had a bad day. The fans were booing Sammy. I thought that was in poor taste. However, Sammy began doing a lot of things after that, that in my opinion the fans had a right to boo him for. Walking out of the clubhouse at the end of his last season with the Cubs. That showed me a lot about just what type of a player Sammy was. Selfish comes to mind.

Now I say that the fans have a right to boo. Why aren't they booing these athletes that are cheating? Don't boo the honest players that are playing hard, and are struggling.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Now I say that the fans have a right to boo. Why aren't they booing these athletes that are cheating? Don't boo the honest players that are playing hard, and are struggling.
    If you're paying the price of a ticket, you (I mean the collective, not just you personally BA) have a right to express yourself, within the bounds of good judgment and taste, and without making a nuisance for others around you.

• Hakuna Matata!

NASCAR Anyone? Why is Dale Jr so popular? because he's cute? or because he has the Earnhardt name? either reason is not good enough! I can't stand him. For years of loosing with DEI he blamed the equipment. Now he's with Hendrick and had the best equipment, yet he is STILL a loser! I know Hendrick will never cut him loose because he's the most popular driver... but WHY IS HE THE MOST POPULAR DRIVER?

Sorry for the rant.. he just gets my goat... lol

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERIN92345 View Post
    NASCAR Anyone? Why is Dale Jr so popular? because he's cute? or because he has the Earnhardt name? either reason is not good enough! I can't stand him. For years of loosing with DEI he blamed the equipment. Now he's with Hendrick and had the best equipment, yet he is STILL a loser! I know Hendrick will never cut him loose because he's the most popular driver... but WHY IS HE THE MOST POPULAR DRIVER?

Sorry for the rant.. he just gets my goat... lol
    I am certainly not the biggest NASCAR fan, but I would have to say that a lot of it would still be a carryover from the long-term popularity of Dale Earnhardt Sr... for right or wrong.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have never watched Nascar. My grandson's other grandmother lives in Daytona Beach and she loves Nascar. I don't drive, and quite frankly I would be terrified to even ride in a car that went as fast as those race car drivers go. When we were in Disney World a few years ago, my grandson's mom Kathy did the Richard Petty Riding Experience, and I watched her get in and out of that race car. Not to mention she rode in it at a very fast speed around the track quite a few times. Not enough times for her, by the way. She loved it. It just makes me shake my head even more that race car drivers do that for a living. It scares me a lot.

May 11 - 16, 2015