Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Re: Stop By, and Say Hi, Sports Fans!

I have the hockey game on, and the Blackhawks are getting creamed by the Flames. 3 - 0 . It's only the first period. Not good.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have the hockey game on, and the Blackhawks are getting creamed by the Flames. 3 - 0 . It's only the first period. Not good.
    That's why they play three periods, plus overtime if necessary. The Hawks came back to win that game!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I watched that whole hockey game the other night, and it was indeed thrilling. They play again tonite. Last season, I listened to most of the games on the radio. I am watching them this season on television. I need to become a better fan, and learn the names of the players, and be able to recognize what they all look like.

I remember when my older son was young. He always loved hockey and the Blackhawks always seemed to be on up against programs that I liked to watch. I would usually give in, and let him watch the hockey games. He's still a big fan of the team, and it's so nice to be able to see home games on television now. That wasn't the case for a very long time.

Almost time to drop the puck.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Marion Hossa (sp?) certainly seems to be making a name for himself there.

A lot of basdeball fans in places like LA, Anaheim, New York and Philly are wondering....how come we have to wait til tomorrow, or in the case of the Angels and Yankees, Friday?

We all know the answer to that one...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

This is the day that nobody wants to come. It's the day after your baseball team has lost it's last game of the season. Sometimes this happens in the course of a regular season, and everyone goes home and hopes that next year will be better. Sometimes it happens in the course of the playoffs, and as a fan your heart is just aching.

The last thing most fans want to do is see the other team celebrating. Reading a newspaper is painful. Listening to the local sportscasters analyzing what went wrong is, for some, just too much to handle.

For all the joy our teams give us during the very long regular season, when all is said and done ending on a losing note, and not finishing the job is..........

Well this is the day that nobody wants to come.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

This is the day that nobody wants to come. It's the day after your baseball team has lost it's last game of the season. Sometimes this happens in the course of a regular season, and everyone goes home and hopes that next year will be better. Sometimes it happens in the course of the playoffs, and as a fan your heart is just aching.

The last thing most fans want to do is see the other team celebrating. Reading a newspaper is painful. Listening to the local sportscasters analyzing what went wrong is, for some, just too much to handle.

For all the joy our teams give us during the very long regular season, when all is said and done ending on a losing note, and not finishing the job is..........

The NBA season begins Tuesday. Monday was the 25th anniversary of Michael Jordan's debut with the Chicago Bulls.

And this Sunday, November 1, will be the first time ever you'll have the NFL, NBA, NHL and Major League Baseball scheduled on the same day.

In fact, the New York Giants visit the Philadelphia Eagles in the afternoon, and the Yankees play just down the street against the Phillies at night.

Well this is the day that nobody wants to come.
    Well, I guess the Yankee fans are glad.

As I said in the playoff thread, congrats to the Yankees, they were the better team - but I am still very proud of my favorite team, as my current avatar indicates.

They dealt with almost unprecedented problems both on and off the field, and were still there fighting when all but two other teams were not.

Thanks, Angels. I'll be watching the World Series. It's just in my DNA, can't help it. And rooting hard for the Phillies, actually against the Yankees, that's just in my DNA too.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

It's Thursday, and the Chicago Bears are playing football tonite. Since I have an early appointment in the morning, I will probably just watch the first half of the game before retiring for the night. The Bears have been playing awful. Many fans have already given up on them. There will most likely be no playoffs for the Bears this season. That is unless they do a total about face on the field. I am sure that Mike Singletary will be shown a lot tonite due to his wonderful career with the Chicago Bears.

The Blackhawks on the other hand are playing well. It's fun to be a Hawks fan. People in Chicago are excited to see what's going on on the ice. I was surprised that only a small notation was printed in my Chicago SunTimes, regarding the fact that Bobby Hull's son Brett joined his dad in Hockey's Hall of Fame on Monday in Toronto. I guess I probably missed something in my sports section earlier this week. The Blackhawks are the hot ticket in town.

The Chicago Cubs are not playing baseball now of course, but that doesn't keep them from always being on the sports pages. Today's article mentioned the bringing back of the ball girls of the 1980's. You probably have heard the clip of Harry Caray drooling over Marla Collins.

Have fun today, and remember exercise is good for heart.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Good morning.

Barbaraann, I know you don't care fof football pools.

But I take part in one that includes about 50 people, managed by someone who I met through MiceChat actually. Aside from him and a couple of others, I've never met the people I "compete" with.

It's 53 bucks for the whole season, and each week we go on a website and register our picks.

It's a hobby, and for me it's mostly fun, but even after four years otherwise I still harbor a fantasy of winning one week.

It's picking winners straight up, no point spreads involved.

The reason I mention this is that I like to study the matchups, and really think over my picks.

But starting this week, I don't have until 9AM PST Sunday (an hour before kickoff) to finalize my picks.

Our website requires that picks for all games...through Monday...be finalized no later than 5PM Thursday Pacific time.

That means cramming, without some of the later in the week TV shows I'd watch.

Well, I wasn't winning the other way, so...(well, I've been right about 10 games per week on average, just not good enough to win the pool)

Tonight, neither team has been playing especially well. But the Bears have given up more than 80 points in their last two games (not Jay Cutler's fault, by the way).

So I like the 49ers, at home.

And Barbaraann, my LA Kings are playing pretty well too! Even though I think they lost to the Hawks the other night.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I was actually involved in a few football pools at one time. They were supposed to make my football watching more pleasureable, and actually the opposite happened. One of the pools was based entirely on whether any one team would score 50 points in a game. The money kept accumulating until a team got 50. Each member of the pool had an assigned team each week. So it was an entirely random thing that you could have the team that scored that many during the course of the season. Records show that there's usually at least one 50 in the course of a year. Prize money was big. I never won, though.

The other pool that I was in was a point spread one. I was horrible in that one.

So I dropped out of the pools, and left them to those who were more succesful, and/or lucky than I.

Perhaps the Bears can win one tonite, or at least make it fun to watch.

I did think of you Barry, when the Kings played the Hawks.

Also, do you realize that your Angels are perfect in World Series appearances. One appearance, one championship. 100% success. Even the Yankees can't say that.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I did think of you Barry, when the Kings played the Hawks.

Also, do you realize that your Angels are perfect in World Series appearances. One appearance, one championship. 100% success. Even the Yankees can't say that.
    Hah, thanks Barbaraann! I needed that.

I've been thinking of one Yankee fan a bit lately, DMof2. I really tried to meet up with her during my trip last year, just couldn't work it out. I know you miss her as well around here. MC'ers come and they go.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

MiceChat does get lonely sometimes when you think about friends you have made that are no longer around. That's the way life is though. So we only have the "now" and I try and make the best of that.

Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

So I found DMof2 on Facebook. She was indeed delighted about the Yankees victory in the World Series. She became my friend on Facebook yesterday, and it was wonderful chatting with her. It's not like chatting here, but I'll take what I can get.

It seems that all my Chicago sports teams have Facebook pages. So I added them. So far I like that feature. I can click on pages, and they all come up if there's anything new.

Time flys when I'm having fun.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

So I found DMof2 on Facebook. She was indeed delighted about the Yankees victory in the World Series. She became my friend on Facebook yesterday, and it was wonderful chatting with her. It's not like chatting here, but I'll take what I can get.
    If you don't mind, be sure to tell her I said hello!

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I will do that for sure. She's really busy with her kids. I remember those days when I was taking my children to school. Not much time for yourself. Her son is about the same age as my grandson. So I have many years on her. The time difference from New Jersey to Chicago, meant that we were online a lot at the same time since I am an early riser.

If I remember correctly it was either her son or her husband that was a Bears fan.

Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The Bears are getting ready to host NBC's "Football Night In America".

I heard that all the Bears turned down Bob Costas requests for interviews.

I guess with what's been going on they want to "hunker down" and "minimize the distractions" as they say.

I can understand that. But there's also the media person part of me that says they get most of their gazillion-dollar salaries from the humongous TV rights fees the networks pay, so they should be able to take a little time so they can spew forth the usual harmless cliches on TV for the betterment of all mankind.

I just hope Chicago viewers don't think NBC is somehow favoring the Eagles, by only showing their interviews.

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast